What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Aside from the silliness on the way to work, I engaged in some silliness of my own on the way home along the bike path.

Misjudged the a speed of the bloke on a roadie I came up behind and decided to lay out some wattage and reel him in and pass. Then found him on my back wheel and now I had to maintain the pace or face the shame of being dropped by the droppee… Man was I glad when my turn off came up!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well all this fucking rain, work, and no riding sent me down into a late night garage session...there was no worm activity.

But my daily ride (nuke proof rook ss) has been creaking like a mother fucker for the last couple of weeks. Originally i was pretty sure the issue was the old ks under seat lever dropper, so I stripped that and refreshed it with out luck. So then I began to suspect the DU bushings in the shock, but rather than fuck around with solving that I decided to install one of my spare shocks (rs monarch, freshly serviced and barely used). Off comes the fox magic and behold! Visually the DUs look brand new. So I cycle the rear end...fuck me that is some noise! Motion feels smooth though. Oh I see...it's the zip ties. So all zip ties come off, relevant area of outer cable receives a thin layer of gaff tape, fresh zip ties on, shock back on, and fucking great success.

Now I need some new mounting hardware for the scout. The cane creek doesn't want to hold firmly to the originals. I am going full ham on it.

I see a certain off road bikes site has titanium options...fuck me, they have 1. It's the kind of thing you need 2 for. Sigh. Surely these should come in pairs!!!!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
bought some 2.35 fast trak from specz..they are clearing them out for 40 apiece,almost bouhght the swork version at 535g, for only 47, but im a lazy cnr'er so the extra 1mm of casing might come in handy, the guy at the shop said noone ever buys xc tyres anymore.[for mtb that is]..unless its gravel people stuffing 2.1/2.2 tyres on their gravelle frames
I’ve got XC tyres on my Honzo for riding with the kids and the occasional Gravel foray, they work well.
My Brother in Law rides Rekon Races on his Norco HT in all weathers on all trails on the pea gravel over here the mad bastard. Having an MX background and no fear probably helps there

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Ride a slow 10km loop at Majura. Was prime hero dirt conditions, but I haven't ridden for a while so no heroics I thought.

Followed mate down Pinot Grinio who is marginally quicker than me on most dh stuff, felt smooth. Went across then up the hill and did Planet Claire, then back to the carpark. Mate's crank fell off a few mins after the downhill, twice in the couple of k's back to the car.

Good to be back on the bike. Got home and realised I had a 3 second faster record time for Pinot, and had not ridden since late December last year.

Bike was almost like it hadn't had a break, low tyres obviously, needed air in the dropper which was sticking just below full extension a few times and both shocks were marginal. All aired up for the next ride soon.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I’ve got XC tyres on my Honzo for riding with the kids and the occasional Gravel foray, they work well.
My Brother in Law rides Rekon Races on his Norco HT in all weathers on all trails on the pea gravel over here the mad bastard. Having an MX background and no fear probably helps there
I have an MX background……. Fucked if I know when it’s gonna start helping