What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Was pretty awesome.
After this big jump was a double into wall ride, shark fin, then a see saw.
Also a cool lilly pad to drop over the other side.

View attachment 409155View attachment 409156
Think I might have met the owner of this property at Iride Apollo bay a few years ago. Was showing me photos of similar stuff built on his property. Maybe same dude.
either way fucking awesome to have in your back yard!

This belongs to a Canadian I know that has a massive yard and has built a pump track and huge climbing wall in his yard.
collects old school snowmobiles too and has plenty of room to fang around on them in the winter.
IMG_1428.jpeg

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think I might have met the owner of this property at Iride Apollo bay a few years ago. Was showing me photos of similar stuff built on his property. Maybe same dude.
either way fucking awesome to have in your back yard!

This belongs to a Canadian I know that has a massive yard and has built a pump track and huge climbing wall in his yard.
collects old school snowmobiles too and has plenty of room to fang around on them in the winter.
View attachment 409157
Probably was, he travels around a bit and does a lot of the local enduro racing.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Rode the Climies Track on Saturday.
It's been on the list of places to explore for ages. It was part of the 3rd stage of the Wildside race back in the day. Had mint weather again, with blue skies and hardly a breath of wind. The Climies Track is an old 4WD track that goes between Trial Harbour and Granville Harbour on the west coast of Tassie. It's known as one of the hardest 4WD tracks in Australia.
Did a couple of side missions to Monument rock and to check out some old mine works that had a tunnel carved through the rock that opens out onto a cliff that looks out to sea.
Afterwards we drove back into Zeehan and caught up with the West Coast MTB Club crew for some Oonah hill shuttles and a BBQ and beers. :cool:
1714946433849.png
1714946455043.png

1714946476489.png
1714946491766.png

1714946517645.png

1714946536946.png
1714946554664.png

1714946584877.png

1714946689441.png
1714946707989.png

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not a ride, but I sorted all my bike spare box's.
Ha! I did the same on Sunday evening for the first time in about three years. Things I discovered I have:
- seemingly near new Shimano BB
- Thomson 50mm stem
- several 10 / 11 speed chains I have no recollection of using
- some new Galfer pads
- a Saint caliper

Probably enough to start a new bike build really.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The novelty of it wears off pretty fast.

Brief respite this morning. But thanks to an outbreak of covid I'm about halfway through a 13 day streak. Which isn't such a bad thing given the trails are going to be too wet to ride for quite a while and who doesn't like money?

View attachment 409205

That didn't last long.

Checking out Sea Sheppard, Steve Irwin there?

Apparently it was set to be scrapped and scuttled, but someone purchased it for pocket change and parked it here. They have plans to something something...one day. I suspect the plans won't eventuate. I like that it lives very close to a couple of navy boats and creates a beautiful juxtaposition.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Can someone remind me why I haven't been night riding? Dropped the lad of at footy training that happens to back onto the local trails, chucked the bike in and did a 1.5 hour loop. Man I've missed it. In related news tho I now have to chase down a bloody horrendous creak in my BB that was doing my head in