What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode the Climies Track on Saturday.
It's been on the list of places to explore for ages. It was part of the 3rd stage of the Wildside race back in the day. Had mint weather again, with blue skies and hardly a breath of wind. The Climies Track is an old 4WD track that goes between Trial Harbour and Granville Harbour on the west coast of Tassie. It's known as one of the hardest 4WD tracks in Australia.
Did a couple of side missions to Monument rock and to check out some old mine works that had a tunnel carved through the rock that opens out onto a cliff that looks out to sea.
Afterwards we drove back into Zeehan and caught up with the West Coast MTB Club crew for some Oonah hill shuttles and a BBQ and beers. :cool:
View attachment 409166View attachment 409167
View attachment 409168View attachment 409169
View attachment 409170
View attachment 409171View attachment 409172
View attachment 409173
View attachment 409174View attachment 409175
Yvonne and I did that ride Spring 2021 from Trial Harbor and back. Glad we did it; not likely to ride it again. Fun ride but hard work.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Tomorrow will interesting. i am coordinating 3 teams of high school students in the schools MTB race at Craigberms. Apparently 1000 kids entered over two days. Will be dusty as all hell but should be a hoot. 2 hour race ...most laps wins.
Went to about 6 in a row, 20's, sunny and dusty is good... the wet and windy one with kids that turned up in shorts and tee's and nothing else was a nightmare.

With waiting on their team mates riding a lap, huddled under the school logo gazebo, rain driven sideways, 50% were hypothermic :p

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Went to about 6 in a row, 20's, sunny and dusty is good... the wet and windy one with kids that turned up in shorts and tee's and nothing else was a nightmare.

With waiting on their team mates riding a lap, huddled under the school logo gazebo, rain driven sideways, 50% were hypothermic :p
Character building stuff. :p

Also sounds like my parents' taste in weather for family holidays as a kid! :confused:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Quick trip ova to the long white cloud. Brought the little bike which I’ve never used in roto. That way it’s like a handbrake for riding the stupid things on my own.
Will get out at some point to slap a few turns solo, but sprog loved the quick shakedown we had tonight!View attachment 409249
Does sprog fly for free or have you got a 2 family FIFO thing going on?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Quick trip ova to the long white cloud. Brought the little bike which I’ve never used in roto. That way it’s like a handbrake for riding the stupid things on my own.
Will get out at some point to slap a few turns solo, but sprog loved the quick shakedown we had tonight!
Awesome... my grandson LOVES his Kids Ride Shotgun seat. He actually asks for it.

I like that sprog gets his own bell.

BTW, I've given up on putting on the little handlebar... Ben just hangs onto my bars now.

Great pic BTW.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Does sprog fly for free or have you got a 2 family FIFO thing going on?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
Usually sprog goes in the hold with checked baggage, but he’ll be oversize soon.

Awesome... my grandson LOVES his Kids Ride Shotgun seat. He actually asks for it.

I like that sprog gets his own bell.

BTW, I've given up on putting on the little handlebar... Ben just hangs onto my bars now.

Great pic BTW.
I think I might try the quick release clamps for the bars

little bike goes hard. Not much of a handbrake tho. Went cartwheelin down the hill after trying to tag onto some 14yo groms
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Dawn bunt round Noolbenger.
Been feeling shit this week after a bit of a bug and a really stressful week but was good to get out.
Didn’t set any records which was nice, stopped a few times to take in the scenery and chat.
Trails need some rain though. Still not been much out that way