What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I think this is too far gone, big open cracks in the walls. Termite eaten wood everywhere.
It looks ok in the photo but in real life it's a total wreck.
The person who bought it off my parents was a prepper, remember the 70s when nuclear war was still thought about seriously.
He concreted the cellar under the shop section and that's the only part that is in good condition.
The elements have been pretty harsh on deserted buildings. I'll post a photo of the town hall shortly, it was used to store grain because it was watertight, just look at it now
The brickwork looks like it's from the colonial era.

It's funny how your memory comes back of things you would have otherwise forgotten when you visit old places that you spent a lot of time in. My grandparents had a property that was a stones throw from me, every time I go past I automatically look to see if they're out in the yard. Developers bought it and tore down a perfectly good hardwood house, they weren't able to develop because the neighbours blocked them from running pipes but they were smart enough to tear down the home to stop it from being historically listed. The home was built around the 1950s and was in fairly good shape up until the mid 2000s.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I spotted this legend at Bunnings amongst all the utes. Hot chatting to him and he loves it. Said he kinda got it to give the middle finger to all the ranger/patrol drivers out there. plus he thought it was awesome. View attachment 409232I learnt to drive in a Suzuki Carry. Noisy little bastard.
Everytime I hop in my new ranger a little part of my soul gets left behind on the footpath.

Needs moar Hayabusa engine swap.
This is the way.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've seen these little trucks perform amazing load hauls on my snowy adventures in japan. The tray space and load limits are surprising. Seeing more of them for work vehicles would be good.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Finished the flagpole base.
First the pourable grout that actually does the work...

The base itself is level to less than 0.1 degrees but the hinged pole base is subject to fabrication tolerances and will need setting up as well.
Then chamfered the edges to help shed waters (this is after rain)

Looking forward to a big erection here in a couple of weeks. Gravel base will be spread first then the hinged pole base can be set up and shimmed to final position.
Conduit is for future lights.