Your anti-theft devices?

clownman

Banned
stop theft

ride with the front brake usa style, if you have to chase the thief you get a good laugh first time they hit the brakes:D

haveheart

Banned
After my bike and a mates got pinched from my garage i installed the following.

Floor anchor
Real heavy duty chain/lock (can't remember brand about $150 from Action motorcycles bolt cutter, hacksaw and grinder proof, read resistant)
2 floor drop bolts for ths steel reinforced door.
Sensor alarm
Blocked all windows so could not see in.
how can it be girnder proof????

Wires

Squid
I have mine on a balcony 8 floors up. And I consider that very unsafe. There are between 2-4 bikes at any one time so I use a big ass chain and lock them all together. Figure it must be hard to somehow winch 40+kilos of metal down an apartment building.

DunCon

Likes Dirt
easy put ya bike in your bedroom (atleast within arms lenght) put a blaket over it (you dont want it to get cold) and keep a .303 with 2 rounds loaded into it in the bed with you under the blanket (you also dont want this to get cold ) 1st shot is to shoot him in the leg as he tries to run and the secon is to shoot him in the ass so he has pain shiting for a month

n plus one

Likes Bikes and Dirt
List it on your contents insurance as a specified portable valuable - then you can just smile and buy a new one in the colour your happen to be into when it gets nicked................easy.

PS it's insured whenever you're not riding i.e. even if it falls of your roof racks and gets run over by your mate in his dodgy wanna be drift racer shit box.

Hungry

Likes Dirt
just make a room the size of the bike, with the sign "do not steal my bike please" then put bike inside. place 12 guage shotgun infront of door and wire it up so if door get broken or whatever then BAM! hehehehe :D have some way of disarming it so when you walk in you dont get blown away as well.

OR

just watch the SAW movies a few time , bound to come up with some ideas to stop them from getting your bike and ways to get them bak if you catch them :D

l +Jarrod+ l

Likes Dirt
i have never been worried about my bike being stolen, maybe i should.......nah i dont give a crap as long as the theif is a bump who could sell it for a lot of pot :D :p

thieving gits

Got 2 d locks plus cales thru my two bikes attached to the crf230

My rotweiller sleeps by the back door and my staffie sleeps on my bed at the front of the house and can hear when people walk on the gravel.

Then there's me:mad: :D

So If they get thru that theyr'e welcome to it , another good thing is a motorbike disk lock that has a squeeler built in. so when it;s distured makes the most annoying high pitched sound.

So short of sleeping with your princess as some one put it. thats all you can do.

:cool:

eerrggh

Likes Dirt

gets the job done.
the man came with the shotgun.

willing to sell. buyer pays postage. can split if requested.
Did anyone else find this hilarious? I saw this and figured there must have been 10 pages written about it! Its funny as!

Cletus

Likes Dirt
i used to have my old car (VK Commodore) pinched from the train station all the time, so one day i put on a shitty seat cover on the drivers seat and put a sheet of cardboard filled with about 100 thumb tacks under the seat cover. i know it got sat on once and the car never got touched again.

back on topic, i chain my bikes to an eye bolt on my garage floor

mikey55

Likes Dirt
I know some people are renting and won't have the necessary insurance, but anything on my property is covered by insurance. I can leave my bike lying on the front lawn with the gates open and it's covered... but not if it's in my car which may also be on the lawn, haha.

Have it insured for the right amount and recover the full new value of your second hand bike for a small excess. I believe the excess for my home contents is $200, less than if I prang my car.

You will suffer a little heartache in the time you don't have it, but you'll get another one.

Never underestimate peoples willingness to dismiss insurance, it's hilarious listening to mates go "oww I don't need full comprehensive insurance on my $20 thousand dollar car, I've been driving for two years." Then... bang! haha, I always tell them, but no.

I think I've gone a little off the track, whatever, get proper insurance, even if it means forgoing that new set of rims for 3 months.

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well at night i have it in the garage so know one can get to it without a key and during day if i "have" to leave it somewhere i lock it up through the frame and both wheels:)

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know some people are renting and won't have the necessary insurance, .

I am renting and have contence insurance. It covers 4 bikes in my garage and they dont even have to be noted on the policy. My LBS has a list of my bikes and spec aswell a heap of pictures I have taken of them in the garage.

Most people will have contence insurance and anyone that doesnt have is stupid.