Your anti-theft devices?

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
some good ideas here.

I use some good locks and better insurance. Keep receipts and photos, frame numbers etc.

I have lost 2 bikes to scum, both replaced with minimal fuss.

LUNATIC

Likes Bikes
I've been ripped off of my bike because somebody felt they deserved it more than me. I'm not usually one to look for a fight, but he struck a nerve that day - and he didn't end up with the bike ;)

damonlandsdown

Likes Dirt
haha^^ good on ya mate, this thread should be stickied for sure. some really handy ideas in here, and sinca i had my P.3 stolen from me, $1000 dollar wheelset and all, now i aint ever letin it happen again, secialy to my giant faith 2010 :(

I've had my next door neighbours friends try to break in a few times in the last few weeks. Scum stuffed all our locks. I just lock mine to one of the steel supports that hold up the house in the garage. I'll stab them if i catch them near my bikes.

Nick_M2r

Likes Dirt
One thing i do when i quickly leave my bike to dash in the into the toilet or shop for a minute is to down shift to the lowest gear, then click the shifter all the way so its in 9th, that way if they jump on the bike and try to ride off, the first pedal stroke they do will cause the drivetrain to lock up (just gotta make sure to remember to shift back into the proper gear :cool:)

that sounds pretty good, but if its the other way around they might go over the bars, causing more humiliation to the would be thief. i might take my chain with me next time, one pedal and theyll be on the ground in pain ;)

rangie

Likes Dirt
never

never leave bike unattended if i can, but run brakes swapped around..so first time they are applied, an OTB is prob likely :)

L14M

Likes Bikes
One thing i do when i quickly leave my bike to dash in the into the toilet or shop for a minute is to down shift to the lowest gear, then click the shifter all the way so its in 9th, that way if they jump on the bike and try to ride off, the first pedal stroke they do will cause the drivetrain to lock up (just gotta make sure to remember to shift back into the proper gear :cool:)
genius! great for that situation, i still try to take my lock with me at all times.

Don't cheap out on locks!!

Emmett

Likes Dirt
This may have already been mentioned but if I'm without a lock and need to stop for a minute (ie food) I'll shift to 27th, turn the bike upside down and undo a quick release.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
buy yourself 2 thin nuts & bolts narrow enough to fit through the venting holes of your rotors, whenever you stop (for a short minute) flip your bike, bolt through your rotors and hey presto!

If anyone tries to run, wheel or ride your bike, the bolts will stop the wheels spinning! and they're hard to see.

a_hargy

Likes Dirt
Hire these guys
[video=youtube;Bn7ego5XM6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7ego5XM6A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
buy yourself 2 thin nuts & bolts narrow enough to fit through the venting holes of your rotors, whenever you stop (for a short minute) flip your bike, bolt through your rotors and hey presto!

If anyone tries to run, wheel or ride your bike, the bolts will stop the wheels spinning! and they're hard to see.
But if it gets hauled in a ute?

Call Remington M700... or better yet, if you can afford, H&K 53 :D