Downhill Goggles

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The same ones as used in motocross. Any of the big brands will fit. Fox Main Pros are a good value start at $65.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have a D2,

Magnetos are a tight fit and feel weird on your face
Dragon MDXs fit well
Utopias also suffer from a tight fit

I haven't used Oakleys so I dont know much about them

Whatever you get make sure it has rubber ridges on the strap to stop is sliding off your helmet.

jr cove

Likes Dirt
hey mate

ive used oakley o-frames, fox mains, oakley crowbar & recently got spy magnetos

my favorites are the magnetos by far

jumpers

Likes Dirt
spend the money and get a decent pair - i bought ocean goggles, cheap at $30 and are fine in the dry but fog up and the first hint of rain / mist

fuzz

Likes Dirt
Adidas BURNA - there a bit expensive to buy, but they never fog up, and are a real comfy fit!

Cam1

Likes Bikes
Hey bro I've used $70ish Spy 'Targa' gogs for a few years and they're good, but the foam around the face aint top notch. I just got a pair of Blur gogs with my TLD lid and they are really nice - they fit well, are comfy and they look the goods.

The Oakley O-frames seem to be good value for money too. (although I haven't used them).

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have a D2,
Magnetos are a tight fit and feel weird on your face
Dragon MDXs fit well
Utopias also suffer from a tight fit
I haven't used Oakleys so I dont know much about them
Whatever you get make sure it has rubber ridges on the strap to stop is sliding off your helmet.
I run a D2 and Utopia's and find they fit fine. It's all about personal preference. You need to go to your local bike shop, see what he stocks, try another, and find a brand that your comfortable with and fits your budget.

saundo

Likes Dirt
get some snow boarding or ski googles they feel good on your face and dont fog up. the only issue is they are a little pricey for a pair of electrics its like $150 but they are well worth it and the tinted lenses help when its really bright

Leeroy26

Likes Dirt
I got some Dragon goggles last year and they are sweet ! They are the Nate Adams signiture ones, anti fog lenses aswell. Look cool too :cool:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
blurs are the way to go imo, you dont fork out hundreds but they still feel great and look even better

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
I brought my oKco gogles on sale at the end of the snow season for $20 in steed of $75. Question? is there away of preventing your gogles from fogging up? can u spit in them like a scuba mask?

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dragon mdx's are sweet as and come in heaps of sick colours and patterns my lbs has ones with the heiniken logo on them and some other sick checkered and patterned ones they also have replacable lenses and you can get tearoffs for them. check em out

they fit great and have good ventilation so no fogging and have a rubber thingo on the band to stop them from sliding around

Last edited:

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run a D2 and Utopia's and find they fit fine. It's all about personal preference. You need to go to your local bike shop, see what he stocks, try another, and find a brand that your comfortable with and fits your budget.
Yeah its not a big concern (I was talking about too dirtys btw not slayers, they fit well apparently). I own a pair and you wouldn't know until you put a pair of other smaller goggles on. Its such a small problem that I just randomly pick my Utopias or MDX's at a particular race.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
Goggles are goggles man... you can pay $20,000 for the blingest pair of oakleys with all special tinted lenses or whatever, but they won't actually make any difference to what you can see, and unless you find a particular goggle uncomfortable it won't make much difference. I've used Spy Targas (dunno what happened to them come to think of it... not sure if I lost em or if they got wrecked somehow), Oakley O-frames, Blur B1s, Smith somethings, and Scott somethings (Sequence snow goggles I think). They're all the same thing when you're riding, just find something cheap, comfy and that you like the look of (oh and with tearoff posts if you ever ride in mud - but nearly all goggles have those anyway).

Last edited:

drewie162

Likes Dirt
get some snow boarding or ski googles they feel good on your face and dont fog up. the only issue is they are a little pricey for a pair of electrics its like $150 but they are well worth it and the tinted lenses help when its really bright
Woooo hooooo Scott skiing goggles all the way