Top Soil DH Track.

blazer

Likes Dirt
New DH track named Top Soil in progress in the shire area.
Details of track's location are private, so don't ask!

Scoping and clearing has been done over the past week and today was the first actual build day. There was a decent amount of work going on with about 6 riders to help, with a few coming and going at times.

This thread will be updated regulary of pictures and info on track progress.

Anyway, here are the pics of the first build day.
Part of top section with first berm.

Rock jump after first berm into second.

Another of second berm.

Exit of second berm.

Better view of exit and drop.

Straight after drop.

Before pic of 3rd berm, after straight.

After.

3rd and 4th berm.

4th and 5th in background.

Beginning of 5th, it is quite sharp in real life, over 90 degree turn.

End of 5th.

Track heads down a bit to a jump that needs to be fixed.

After jump tracks heads that way, in progress.

There will be updates every week or so on progress.
Let us know what you think.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
Looks good. But from the look of the pics, if you tried to rail a few of the berms it looks like you would smack your head into a tree...

3rd and 4th berm.
That berm looks really close to that tree.

Can't wait to see it when its finished though! :)

blazer

Likes Dirt
Looks good. But from the look of the pics, if you tried to rail a few of the berms it looks like you would smack your head into a tree...

Can't wait to see it when its finished! :)
It looks that way, but in real only the 2nd berm is really a issue, but no one has came close yet.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It looks that way, but in real only the 2nd berm is really a issue, but no one has came close yet.
Matey, your not going low enough then! ahah manikman with his mongoose, so why haven't I heard of this before? looks absolutly mint track,no more excuses for shit times for you lot at races, you have that sort of track to practise on locally. Only suggestion get yourself a multi lined huge long and extremly hard rock garden, because then you'll keep being able to get better at it, as if you make it easy then you wont improve as much?

PS. Im so coming over to test rig that track for you, Ill film if someone has a decent camera!

GOOD WORK

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a VERY easy track but hav fun it anyway! ;)
Whats the point in saying a track looks 'very easy'?
Have you ridden it? No.
Have you built it? No.

Tracks that 'Look easy' can change diffulty when you hit them at speed.

I'd actually like to see DownhillDomination ride this 'easy track'.

Looks like some good building you guys have going on there.

blazer

Likes Dirt
Thankyou Tupper.

For the people that say this track is easy, I'd like to see you actually be able to make the second berm, and get the rest smooth for that matter
The pictures don't quite show the perspective of it, so I will try to get some better ones when I'm not buggered from 8 hours digging.

ride2puke

Likes Dirt
hey man,
they look mad atm. how much room do you have after that to build more.
cant wait too see how this track turns out. looks really good

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice track, try making some of the corners, flat corners it will make it way more fun and alot more challenging. like was already mentioned scope out some rock gardens, even just rocky sections oh and dig some big bumps into the corners!

evan1

Likes Dirt
jeeez you guys sure did alot of work in one day haha ill have to come out and and have a look/build
good effort

B1KR BOI

Likes Dirt
Awesome work boys! Looks really good, but i would have to agree with everyone else, you need MORE rocks! Looks really smooth it may be tight but that track has got loads of potential! It is relatively steep or quite flat? And how long will it be from top to bottom?
Anyways keep up the good work and ill be sure to build/ride soon! :D

Greg.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks very smooth...hardtail friendly for the over 40's

If you exit that second berm and go the drop off heaps fast it looks like theres a tree there which could cause some problems, and also some of the berms might need some drainage......

Otherwise awesome track