Rd 3: Dec 13-14
Geelong VIC: XCO#3, XCC#3, DH#3
National Championships: Jan 22-26
Mt Stromlo ACT
Rd 4: Jan 31 - Feb 1
Mt Buller VIC: XCO#4, XCC#4, DH#4, 4X#4
Rd 5: Feb 28 - Mar 1
Hobart TAS: XCO#5, XCC#5, DH#5, 4X#5

4X rounds 1 and 2 are expected to be hosted at Sydney Olympic Park in October.

Last edited:

Barrett

Likes Dirt
round 3 geelong im puzzled as to which track that is...any hints.
Should be a great season sweet

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i hope the geelong race is at beauty apparently that track is killer...want to try and make it up to illanbah if that is where they are racing the QLD race

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
In response to various posts...

Geelong is at the You Yangs.
Mt Beauty are having a break this year.
Gold Coast is at the Illinbah track (same as last National Series).
Adelaide is at the Eagle MTB Park (same as last National Series).
Tassie is at Glenorchy MTB Park (same as 06_07 National Series)

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wheres Thredburger?
Current rumours are:

*Rawnrg are pulling the pin
*New management will be in place for next season

I haven't heard anything definate though.

Either way , looks like a national race is out of the question next season at Thredbo.

Bummer.:(

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
should call it the eastern states series.

i think in the 11 or so years ive been racing bikes theres been 2 national rounds in WA??? i cant remember. they are rare though.

no wonder why every one in WAis slow....

old man

Likes Bikes
who is the fastest man on a dh bike? i think that this person comes from Wa and i think his name is SAM HILL!! so stop crying that you are slow

smytht1

Likes Dirt
Damn 5 rounds plus champs :eek: seems a bit too much to be able to race every single round!

Why are they having the Mt Buller round the weekend after champs?

Little T

Likes Dirt
The series sounds good and I will definately be going to Illinbah.

The thing i don't understand is why is the series held over the 08/09 crossover? I think it would be much more benneficial if the series were to be held in one year. This would then allow people like myself to race the appropriate category.

I'm turning 16 this year but have to race U/19 at a national race, I would be much more comfortable racing in U/17's.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Youies? That will be interesting... Will be pretty sik though being so close to home but =]

I'm turning 16 this year but have to race U/19 at a national race, I would be much more comfortable racing in U/17's.
Its the same for everyone =]

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
The thing i don't understand is why is the series held over the 08/09 crossover? I think it would be much more benneficial if the series were to be held in one year. This would then allow people like myself to race the appropriate category. I'm turning 16 this year but have to race U/19 at a national race, I would be much more comfortable racing in U/17's.
The category you race in for the 08_09 Series and the 2009 Champs is determined by the age you will be on 31 December 2009. It is done this way so the Australian riders who qualify for international competition race in the same category they qualified in, when they hit the (largely northern hemisphere) international season in mid 2009, leading up to the 2009 World Champs.

Of course, for 2009 those champs will be on this side of the equator and a bit closer to home for us all...

The main thing, as patto_15 said, is that its the same rules for everyone :)

Last edited: