08/09 National MTB Series Announced

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
A quick note from the Tasmanian DH camp...Expect a revamped track with some very sweet new sections, which will improve what for many people was a well loved track in the previous two rounds. This year we have the money to get proper transport running, and our road has just been overhauled. On top of all that, being the last round, expect a MASSIVE after party.
See you all there next year,

Frenchy

Ozza

Eats Squid
Is there a certain standard for how long a nationals track should be? You Yangs is a fairly short track, I hope they dont plan on putting a stupid 30 second pedal at the end.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wasn't Adelaide's round last year a similiar sort of track to Youies? Aren't we hosting the bloody worlds on a small hill? I don't think its that much of a concern relatively. I've been riding at You Yangs since before the stockyards existed and to see how far the place has come is incredible. GMBC always run a good event, if they need more parking they can open up the gates further down drysdale rd like they used to. The XCers will have a great time on really well built tracks and the event as a whole will be good.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Wasn't Adelaide's round last year a similiar sort of track to Youies? Aren't we hosting the bloody worlds on a small hill? I don't think its that much of a concern relatively. I've been riding at You Yangs since before the stockyards existed and to see how far the place has come is incredible. GMBC always run a good event, if they need more parking they can open up the gates further down drysdale rd like they used to. The XCers will have a great time on really well built tracks and the event as a whole will be good.
Well i hope you have fun at Poo Yangs!

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The point is GMBC put in a bid, did anyone else in Vic? I dont know about all you Melbournians but being from Geelong I'm looking forward to not spending copious amounts of money getting to and from a national round.

Don't know why you want to pick a fight Dr Smooth, nothing I said was directed at you.

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
The problem with the top is that there's limited parking up there as well. You would have the pits up the top, the spectator base and cars all down the bottom, somewhere. Not sure where they are going to put all the cars. Could be interesting.
Yeah, by easy car access up to I was referring to the pits, eg. easy access for sponsors etc to get their marquees and gear to the top of the hill. Sorry didn't speficy that.

Definitely keep cars down the bottom, couldn't be hard to open up a paddock and put it all in there. I am sure the farmers wouldn't mind if they were compensated.

blayne&tim

Likes Dirt
hey guys, out of inerest, does anyone know who the 66th bid was, there were 6 bids for 5 rounds. and although i ride for RAW NRG, i dont know what is happening, i will try and find out!
cheers

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
You Yangs did work on extending their main car park, it's not finished yet, but I am surethey willhave it done by then. Still won't be huge difference.
I personally like being able to attend 2 Nat rounds in Vic that won't cost me a small fortune to attend. Even if they are not the greatest tracks. A little selfish of me though.:)

Youies can also handle XC and short track XC.

Last edited:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
A quick note from the Tasmanian DH camp...Expect a revamped track with some very sweet new sections, which will improve what for many people was a well loved track in the previous two rounds. This year we have the money to get proper transport running, and our road has just been overhauled. On top of all that, being the last round, expect a MASSIVE after party.

Frenchy
Is it possible to improve anything on that track? Love your work Frenchy!

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
You Yangs Is A F%*ing S*%t Place - People Dont Want To Race A F$$in State Race There Let Alone A F$$ing National

That Just Confirms The Fact That This Sport Is F$$ed!!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Frenchy
You got me Frenchie, I'm in...

Never been there before so I'm really looking forward to riding that track.

S.

ex offender

Frenchy
Sounds sick! Looking forward to this one.

Is it possible to improve anything on that track? Love your work Frenchy!
Actually that middle bit after the flat/uphill rock garden where it was just super sharp rutted corners could be improved... the rest of it is pretty damn good though. Nice to have some real jumps on a DH track too.

You Yangs Is A F%*ing S*%t Place - People Dont Want To Race A F$$in State Race There Let Alone A F$$ing National

Keep that kind of unconstructive crap out of this thread mate.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight

Good onya mate, immature rants like that really kick goals for your cause dont they...:rolleyes: The way you rant about this race confirms a few things about yourself. Its the people that get posotively involved that make the sport fun, not the ungreatful who sling shit on the internet.

To all the people that are ragging out the you yangs - get over yourselves. Theres plenty of parking, probably more than Buller, its just not all concentrated in one area. 20mins of traffic planning will solve that. Shuttles are fast as, the track holds up to a beating!

Again, too everyone who bagged out the track - you're melbourne locals - at the very least, its a race that us Melbournites dont have to take a morgage out to finance!

S.

ex offender
Shuttles are fast as, the track holds up to a beating!

Again, too everyone who bagged out the track - you're melbourne locals - at the very least, its a race that us Melbournites dont have to take a morgage out to finance!
That's true, but we have the whole state series for doing cheaper races, and think about it from the perspective of interstate riders - they still have to travel just as far as for any other race, but for a lesser track than you get if you go to Tassie, Buller or (from what I've heard) Illinbah.. If you want to race at a national level, or attract national/international-level riders to an event, the tracks should be of that calibre first and foremost.

However, as a few people have pointed out several times now, the options MTBA has are only the bids they receive, and having the race there means we'll simply have to make the most of it. It will be sick for XC racing at the very least. Car parking/pits won't be a problem IMO, they had the carpark quite a way from the pits at Tassie and other than having to ride a couple of minutes there and back it wasn't an issue. They can get shuttles done pretty quick if they want/need to, and even if not, you can walk back up pretty quickly/easily there.