2009 Interschools It was a good one....

zaccyboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Guys,
Just got an email back from one of the South East Mtb Co members.
And it reads:

Hi Zac,

Yes we will be doing a NSW Interschools. It is held on the 20th - 22nd February 2009.

As you probably know the business has changed hands but it will all be much the same as usual except hopefully better!!

We are in the process of getting our website finalized so keep an eye out on www.mountainbikingco.com.au for all the info or just email us again. I will put you on our database for future communications.

Thanks for contacting us.

Kind Regards

Jane Corben

This is the new site for Thredbo Mountain Bike info and it is also the business that bought out Raw'NRG

Hope this clears a few things up,
Thanks, Zac.

REGO UP NOW

Last edited:

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
Well, hopefully they don't have it on the 14th & 15th as CORC have a Club round on that weekend in Canberra. I suppose SE MTB will find that out before they make their final decision on dates.

NickM91

Likes Dirt
Great Stuff.

Do you have to qualify for interschools, or can you just show up and ride?

Also apart from your school name, what importance does your school have? I know in the past a few people from my school have tried to go and met difficulty in getting permission from our |cricket & Rugby| minded director of co-curricular.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

smithsan

Cannon Fodder
Interschool Sport

Sheldon College also participates in selected interschool competitions. Sports in which Sheldon College fields teams include:
• Rugby Union
• Equestrian
• Volleyball
• Australian Football
• Touch Football
• Soccer
• Futsal
• Netball
• Basketbal
--------

smithsan

Cannon Fodder
Interschool Sport

Sheldon College also participates in selected interschool competitions. Sports in which Sheldon College fields teams include:

zaccyboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great Stuff.

Do you have to qualify for interschools, or can you just show up and ride?

Also apart from your school name, what importance does your school have? I know in the past a few people from my school have tried to go and met difficulty in getting permission from our |cricket & Rugby| minded director of co-curricular.

Any info would be great.

Cheers
You don't have to qualify, but you have to pay of course.
It is about $240 or something like that off the top of my head for lift tickets for the 4 days, entry for the competition, insurance and a 4 day license.
You don't have to represent your school, you can just go and represent yourself. If you have a group of people from your school going, it is probably better to enter as a school not just an individual.

NickM91

Likes Dirt
Oh okay, Well better start saving! Although i hope that isn't during my yr12 exams.... :(

Cheers

Nick

chops

Likes Dirt
cant wait for them thredbo is an aswome place to ride and these race in particular are sweet.
are they going to have the northern conference and southern conference then the Australian championship rounds
or just the one.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No offence but raw nrg, held a pretty pathetic interschools this year, nice guys down at the shop though.
Most people ride friday and race sat (although as said above you can get a deal for thurs as well).
I think it works out around $150 or something for the 2day lift pass. They also have 4x and Xc.
You dont have to qualify for the 1st round, but the 2nd weekend you do although last year i think everyone qualified...
I think you need permission form your school, like a headmasters signature of something but no big deal.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No offence but raw nrg, held a pretty pathetic interschools this year, nice guys down at the shop though.
Most people ride friday and race sat (although as said above you can get a deal for thurs as well).
I think it works out around $150 or something for the 2day lift pass. They also have 4x and Xc.
You dont have to qualify for the 1st round, but the 2nd weekend you do although last year i think everyone qualified...
I think you need permission form your school, like a headmasters signature of something but no big deal.

It would appear that its a new company running the 2009 champs

josh909

Likes Bikes
Does anyone no if their is an interschool in Victoria?
if so where do they race and could they point me in the right way of some information
thanks

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
parental signiture is all that is needed just like a normal race.

dillzdh

Likes Bikes
interschools

just wondering,,
with the interschool dh
do we just rock up with our gear and pay when we enter or do we have to pre book?

tim_d

Likes Dirt
hey guys, sorry for the n00bness but can someone fill us in about the general details for the event? I've never raced dh before and havent been to thredbo so have absolutely no idea what the tracks are like... (only dh track ive seen is the stromlo wc track)
Any chance of being competetive on a 100mm dirt jumper?:p (is there a seperate class for hardtails?)
And i guess we need fullfaces to race? i have a motorbike lid but i guess a pushbike one would be alot better:confused:
Tim

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, sorry for the n00bness but can someone fill us in about the general details for the event? I've never raced dh before and havent been to thredbo so have absolutely no idea what the tracks are like... (only dh track ive seen is the stromlo wc track)
Any chance of being competetive on a 100mm dirt jumper?:p (is there a seperate class for hardtails?)
And i guess we need fullfaces to race? i have a motorbike lid but i guess a pushbike one would be alot better:confused:
Tim
Umm, yes you can ride a dirt jumper, but there is no seperate class. Its doesnt really have any rock gardens but it wouldnt be too bad. You could race the 4x though.
Yes you need a full face, you can were a moto one if you got one.