Who has braces?

that_stoney_one

Likes Dirt
I used to.

I actually prefer having them (aside from the geeky look :rolleyes: ). It means yur teeth are really strong. Its great for karate, dont need to wear mouthguards :D
well if thats not the silliest thing ive read so far today i dont know what is. small individual bits of metal stuck on your teeth held together by thin flexible wire, might old your teeth in once they get knocked out? and once yyou get hit in the mouth lovely cut up lip from the wires? but what ever floats your boat :D

i had them, ages ago, for like 3 years or something stupid like that. probably an over exaggeration :|

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had them for just over two years. I remember the first week, my teeth were so sore and I had a mates birthday two days after I got them and chips hurt so much to eat.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I once hit a guy with braces in the face playing waterpolo. His gums got wedged into his braces (dont ask me how) and suffice to say he was very angry and in a lot of pain.
I got kicked in the face playing soccer (not exactly by accident), and the braces on my lower teeth appeared on the outside of my gum in a few places. Not a lot of fun.

Gosh school was great ... :rolleyes:

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I had them from Year 8 till Year 11. Stood under a basketball hoop looking up once, copped the ball to my face and ripped up the inside of my lips. Mad kent not wearing a mouth guard with them.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got them and hate them. I hate those elastic bands your supposed to wear they break like every 10 mins and come off when ever you eat anything. I always forget to put them back on.

you're not supposed to drink more than 1 can of soft drink a week otherwise it dissolves the glue apparently. has this happened to anyone? I still drink like 3+ cans a week.
Lol, that's gotta be shithouse. Having had my braces for well over 2 years, and being a soft-drink addict, that's just unpossible.

reppin'

Likes Dirt
I dont have braces but i do have a huge metal plate in my mouth that cant be taken off. I think im getting it off in december.

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
had em for about 2 years, get them off in december, like 3 weeks before my 18th!

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Count yourself lucky if you get them.

Chicks notice, and really dig, straight teeth.

Best thing I ever suffered, has paid off immeasurably.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
I had them

now those fuckers are gooooonnnneee!!!!!!!!!!

worst 2 and a bit years ever, good teeth now though:D

mitch_46

Likes Dirt
started off with a top and bottom plate for my overbite and to be honest i dont mind the braces compared to the plates!! i forget there there half the time which is why i also forget to put my elastics in which is why i have not gotten them off after the 12 months i was meant to have them for, i have now had them for about 14 months and should get them off in the next 4-6 months!! (if i dont forget elastics!)

oh and i got pink braces on too, chiks dig em. lol

madmike1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had brace's for like 3 years. I never wore my rubber band things.
Got em off like 7 months ago. Sooo much better, On a plate for like years, but that's way better then braces.

Chicks dig good teeth ;)

smeck

Likes Dirt
I got them when I was 14, they were a pain but a necessary evil in hindsight. I was meant to have them for two years, but with religious use of the elastic bands and headgear they were off in 14 months. The Orthodontist was quite pleased, probably because got paid a flat rate and saved on another 10 monthly appointments.

Then it was a fixed retainer in the bottom and a plate for the top until I was about 20 I think. If I recall they keep everything in place until you stop growing and your teeth stop moving. It was worth all the heartache, chicks dig straight teeth.