Who has braces?

$$Noble$$

Likes Dirt
yer i had mine taken off last year had them on for about 3 years now i am on a plate. if you get coloured ones get pink and black for your next change over
works a treat

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had mine on for 2 years. About 2 months before I was to get them off, I had a massive stack and nearly killed myself, in the process knocking two teeth out and dislodging practically every other tooth.

I've got braces on for another year at least now.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to.

I actually prefer having them (aside from the geeky look :rolleyes: ). It means yur teeth are really strong. Its great for karate, dont need to wear mouthguards :D

flyracing

Likes Dirt
I've got them and hate them. I hate those elastic bands your supposed to wear they break like every 10 mins and come off when ever you eat anything. I always forget to put them back on.

you're not supposed to drink more than 1 can of soft drink a week otherwise it dissolves the glue apparently. has this happened to anyone? I still drink like 3+ cans a week.

norco01

Likes Dirt
I've got them and hate them. I hate those elastic bands your supposed to wear they break like every 10 mins and come off when ever you eat anything. I always forget to put them back on.

you're not supposed to drink more than 1 can of soft drink a week otherwise it dissolves the glue apparently. has this happened to anyone? I still drink like 3+ cans a week.
Load of crap. I drank heeaps of soft drink every week for 19 months with the bastards and nothing came off, and my teeth are white as(well they were when they came off, not as white now).

I love my teeth now :)

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Had 'em for two years, and was always super self-conscious. One day, about 18 months after I got them on, a chick who I used to see at school daily interrupted a class loudly saying "Tristan! When did you get your braces?!". That eased my mind a little - but I still wouldn't show teeth when I smiled.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your joking, right? Thats ridiculous to think that because you have braces you dont need a mouthgaurd.
Well thats what the ortho said...........It makes sense considering your teeth are held in place, but it still doesnt protect you tongue/mouth.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Well thats what the ortho said...........It makes sense considering your teeth are held in place, but it still doesnt protect you tongue/mouth.
Or your lips. Can you imagine being smacked in the mouth and having your braces embed themselves in your top and bottom lips?

Your orthodontist needs firing...

tu plang

knob
Or your lips. Can you imagine being smacked in the mouth and having your braces embed themselves in your top and bottom lips?

Your orthodontist needs firing...
I once hit a guy with braces in the face playing waterpolo. His gums got wedged into his braces (dont ask me how) and suffice to say he was very angry and in a lot of pain. While that is down the list of probable injuries, mincing your lips is right up the top.

Likes Dirt
Getting in the face by a ball, fist, baseball bat, whatever, is very painful.
It lacerates the inside of your mouth so it stings for a week, even more when you drink coke or something lemony.
So yeah, wear a mouthguard.

Jarrod592

Likes Dirt
i had braces from 15/5/05 - 17/9/08 and then on the 22/1/09 i knocked out my front teeth and now i got false teeth