DH Full Custom YETI 303 Built by Bris boutique Bikes

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Hey Woody, very nice mate, great job Darren you are certainly trying hard!
What class are you riding Woody & will we see you at Toowoomba? :D

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Hey Woody, very nice mate, great job Darren you are certainly trying hard!
What class are you riding Woody & will we see you at Toowoomba? :D
Unfortunately, work commitments led me to Townsville at the beginning of the year for a three year stint.

So while I'll be trying to get down to brisvegas whenever possible, the likelyhoods are you'll only see it at the townsville series and the state round at Mt. Stuart.

What class?? Dunno yet. I didnt build the bike to get extremely serious with racing. Its just there to help me enjoy the riding more. And at this point, im just happy with getting down the hill in one peice. Given that I've just hit the magical thirty age bracket too, i think i'll be taking it easy in one of the lower 'fun' classes....

That being said, im a fairly approachable fella so if any of you see me at an event anywhere, feel free to bail me up for a ride. It was other people doing the same for me that led me to the yeti in the first place.

Wood

RCDH

Likes Bikes
Hey mate,

Very nice finish on the frame and very nice build. You had a chance to ride it yet? I've owned a 303 for the two and a half years and I'll never ride anything else. Enjoy your new (expensive, nonetheless) toy!

MB

Intense Australia
Yeti 303 custom build

sorry to say but that "custom" build aint so custom great! the bike has had a hard life and should be hung up on the wall in its original colours. its a tired frame and will crack again. if you want to "spec it up", firstly get a Thompson stem to hold onto those Deity bars, and upgrade the 888's to WC 888's. ditch the NS Legeaters and get some "Burgtec penthouse" or "26 pedals". Lastly switch out the X-9 running gear and get atleast X-0 or XTR to replace it.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
sorry to say but that "custom" build aint so custom great! the bike has had a hard life and should be hung up on the wall in its original colours. its a tired frame and will crack again. if you want to "spec it up", firstly get a Thompson stem to hold onto those Deity bars, and upgrade the 888's to WC 888's. ditch the NS Legeaters and get some "Burgtec penthouse" or "26 pedals". Lastly switch out the X-9 running gear and get atleast X-0 or XTR to replace it.
why when the parts he has will do just fine? Maybe he just wanted a decent spec or had certain priorities and didnt see the need to lash out in the other areas.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you alright? It doesnt matter, its a bike and there is nothing wrong with it spec/component wise....And it is a hell of a lot cheaper to replace an x9 derailer than an x0

The frame will probably hold up fine, just check it constantly just incase.

Still, it is a very nice bike and it looks the goods.....The forks match the paint very well

Rod Burns

Banned

dude, why the hell did you go to all that trouble to resurect a dead frame! that frame needs to be melted down, and made into beer cans. it sound like you have more dollars than sense rebuilding a tortured frame like that one. i agree with moonman, that frame should be hung on the wall! not rewelded, and definately not repainted in a birdshit white...come on man! its a Yeti, not a 2000 Norco Team DH. Congradulations you have pulled a dead frame out of the grave and cut its balls off!

Tomas

my mum says im cool
dude, why the hell did you go to all that trouble to resurect a dead frame! that frame needs to be melted down, and made into beer cans. it sound like you have more dollars than sense rebuilding a tortured frame like that one. i agree with moonman, that frame should be hung on the wall! not rewelded, and definately not repainted in a birdshit white...come on man! its a Yeti, not a 2000 Norco Team DH. Congradulations you have pulled a dead frame out of the grave and cut its balls off!
Jesus, the 'we hate the planet' society is out in force today!

Consume dammit, consume!

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Wow, maybe you guys should have built my bike!! It would have super AWESOME!!!

Seriously, you think im gonna listen to a guy with the grand total of 14 posts that rides something you can buy off the shelf at Anaconda??

Or that, im going to take advice from someone that joined up and slagged off someone elses bike with their first post?? (congrats by the way, I can't wait to see what other amazing contributions you make to the forum...)

If you havent got anything positive to say fella's, why bother posting?? You dont acheive anything and just make yourselves look like tools in front of the general community...

Thanks for your time...

Wood

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Mate, you are Sofa King Wo Tad It

It's a downhill bike, not a carbon XC race bike!

Rod Burns

Banned
woody, there's no need to get pissy at me, you should be getting pissy at the dude that ripped you off on that swap....complete WORKING bike swapped for a cracked 303 frame! who do you think got the good deal?

tro tro

Likes Dirt
Good on ya woody, thats an awesome bike, best ive seen all month, i recon it was the right thing to do re-doing the frame, it deserves LIFE so ride it hard! :D

sharp

like a spoon
DUDE!!!! insanely cool bike. those parts would have cost you a bomb, or do you get good deal;) very sexy... i like

augo

Likes Dirt
Good job mate!
Frame was definately not damaged enough to waste sitting on a wall,
saved a very nice bike.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who's yeti303 frame is that? looking good, but yeah some Yeti sticker's will do it no harm only good, look's really bare and 'cheap' to say in a way without stickers... it's like a dog without a tag, lost. But it is a sweet bike, 303's are my favorite bike ;)

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
woody, there's no need to get pissy at me, you should be getting pissy at the dude that ripped you off on that swap....complete WORKING bike swapped for a cracked 303 frame! who do you think got the good deal?
why bother getting pissy at all. the guys got the right attitude with taking life as it comes, and he's obviously a mature rider that knows the risks involved with dealing second hand. unlike most other traders out there, he's bitten the bullet and made do with it because that's the nature of second hand trading.

if you go around life always trying to blame someone and get pissy with someone then you'll never be happy.

and i see no difference between your first comment, his reply and your rebuttle, from my point of view, it seems as though you're the one whos getting pissy. your initial post is enough to insult anyone thats put in hard efforts, what do you expect in return, a "thankyou very much rodburns for your comment", no. he didn't get pissy back at you, his replies are no where near as hurtful or insulting as "should be melted down and made into beer cans." if people like you were to rule the world there'd be no vintage cars, no heritage or nothing to remind us of the past as it'd all be "melted down and made into beer cans."

go grab another beer

grow up