Silly things that you used to believe when you first started riding

dmanG

Cannon Fodder
haha my friends dad did the exact same thing to his son's bike.
and i used to wear my full face to school in year 5. damn that was a long time ago.

haha....remember the old bright yellow Stak Hats of the 80's. hahaha even then none of us thought they were cool. you looked like a storm trooper with tho's on.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
haha my friends dad did the exact same thing to his son's bike.
and i used to wear my full face to school in year 5. damn that was a long time ago.

haha....remember the old bright yellow Stak Hats of the 80's. hahaha even then none of us thought they were cool. you looked like a storm trooper with tho's on.
And then came those fluro lycra covered foamies that were soooo uncool. No wonder they had a hard time getting kids to wear helmets.

When I first started riding, I was told I could ride down hill without training wheels. It was a pretty steep hill.:eek: Very technical and obsticles everywhere. :eek: It was 1977 and I was 5......I think!:D
But apparently you can ride without training wheels. I'm putting them back on this season!

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, i know a guy who put his forks into the bike shop to be sreviced and on the slip he wrote, " foulcks need to be fixed "

why do we (the human race) spell thing weird :confused:
how did you spell serviced and write things without the S in a sentence explaining how other people are crap at writing in english?

Master Nick

Likes Bikes
My friend once told me not to get hydraulic brakes because he thought they would run out of fluid and the brakes would stop working.
Good times.

scblack

Leucocholic
MY first DH bike was a 2002 Stinky Deelux, which had single crown forks back then. It was August I think, so near new season models coming out. The shop said maybe you want to wait for the new model which has triple crown forks. I said no, with them I could never turn the bars far enough in a tight corner. They were going to be 7inch travel rather than 5inch, much stronger of course, but I didn't properly realise all this back then.

Oh well I upgraded it soon enough, and would never have met the good crew I rode with back then. Silly of me in hindsight though.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please don't tell me you just spelt 'include' inqulood...
Heh. Yeah, i was actually thinking that he was talking about an entirely different word, that was shit, even by his standards. I don't know how anyone can actually spell it like that :confused:

Anyways ... what i used to believe, and still believe is, Red bikes go faster ;) Even though i ride a blue bike! (; Actually come to think of it ... it's just not red bikes, anything that's red goes faster.

norco4l

Likes Dirt
so many good things like putting playing cards in you wheels was the coolest thing to do, and a mate saying his stem an steerer tube was a little motor and thats why he was so fast

Rampage Ripper

Likes Dirt
not on pushies, but i used to think 2nd gear on a moto was faster than 3rd

my mate used to think his big ass external headset nut was a speed boost, now he drinks rockstar

that big sprockets were for gay kids

that the chrome plated frame on my bike made it weigh a whole metric tonne ( not literally )