Silly things that you used to believe when you first started riding

Glorified!!!

Likes Bikes
Lately i have remembered some of the things me and my friends used to believe when we first started riding. Looking back on those times now is hilarious.

1 thing i remember is that a kid i know believed that my friend could control his lock-out on his forks with his phone

another thing is that a kid believed that his front derailleur was in fact his gear shifter

Feel free to put up the stupid things that you or your mates used to or still do believe in!!!

Jbeardo

Likes Bikes
that the more the gears, the better your bike was and performed

and the way your pedal back break, made you skid better.

GEOFF DOOM

Likes Dirt
me and my mates used to think that kenda kenetics had awesome grip. . . pffft,

now when i think about it, it is totaly stupid!

J

JaRedy

Letting all the air out of your fork makes them perform better.

Again, hucking is the ultimate form of riding.

todd28

Likes Dirt
I used to think that ''full suspension (suspension under the seat included) where awesome bikes, haahaha that means huffy makes solid bikes! :p awesome idea for a thread jay!

Last edited:

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that jumping out of the bowl, and pumping your bike in the air was cool:eek:

that your bike is shit if its sprocket is big...

:p

Svenn

Likes Dirt
not me personally but definately had a memorable moment/good laugh when my mates dad put WD-40 on his hayes 9's in order to 'grease them' to make 'them smoother' was a great laugh.

and really, who DIDNT think full faces were the coolest helmets to have :)

joeeee

Likes Dirt
i used to think that the bigger the suspension the better but what would i know? i got rigids :D

And also that if you could bunny hop you were awesome

glorystp

Banned
I used to think that Marzocchi drop offs were the best fork ever.
and my mate beleaved me when i tolled him my speedo could do enything inqulood tracking lost money HHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL. it worked;)

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to believe that all the pro's were fast because they ran Deemax wheels and they span faster.

Just a co-incidence but I now run Deemax wheels and unfortunately I'm not pro.

Also thought that hucking down stairs to flat was awesome.:rolleyes:

Got some more aswell that I can't think of at the moment.

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to think that Marzocchi drop offs were the best fork ever.
and my mate beleaved me when i tolled him my speedo could do enything inqulood tracking lost money HHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL. it worked;)
Please don't tell me you just spelt 'include' inqulood...

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not me personally but definately had a memorable moment/good laugh when my mates dad put WD-40 on his hayes 9's in order to 'grease them' to make 'them smoother' was a great laugh.

and really, who DIDNT think full faces were the coolest helmets to have :)
haha my friends dad did the exact same thing to his son's bike.
and i used to wear my full face to school in year 5. damn that was a long time ago.

i used to think the more travel your bike has the faster you can ride.

Last edited:

s7eve

Squid
When I was in primary school I looked forward to being able to ride my bike to high school. I pestered my Dad for a new bike and when he bought me one I could not wait until school holidays were over so I would never have to walk again. The first thing I remember being told when showing off my new bike to the kids in my street was "don't ride that to school, it doesn't matter what lock and chain you use, every bike gets stolen". I never rode my bike to high school.

It's not so hard to believe when you read the rest of his post.
Or his other posts, I hate to go further off topic however I made the mistake of checking his post history to see if this was a one off. I never thought spelling mistakes could make my insides crawl, now I know they can. /vent

I don't mean to make you feel bad glorystp but you really should consider spell check and if you are still at school demand your English teacher help improve your spelling.