Eildon ride day!! Check it!! September.

swanny

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
We had a FTF committee meeting last night and we decided that we all desperately needed to have a RIDE DAY.

So here are the details:

September 13th 2009.
Riding starts at 9.00am until we are all buggered, (around 4 ish)
It will cost you $35.00, plus $15.00 if you need a day licence. This will include a FREE BBQ, and drinks at gold coin donation. Oh yeah, there will be shuttles for those who ask.

This event will be held by FAT TYRE FLYERS as a FUND RAISER for LONG GULLY!!
For those who know, the iconic home of mountain biking in Victoria, was devastated by the bushfires and is slowly rebuilding itself. There are still many issues surrounding getting the tracks back up and running. The biggest issue is insurance and this is VERY expensive. So, all money raised from this event will go towards getting Long Gully back on the MTB map and trust me, it will better than ever!! Jsut think, Thursday night rides again. Yah!!

Keep your eyes open for ONLINE REGISTRATION, to be setup very soon, and we would like as many people as possible to use this to trial it before the RACE season starts. It will really make entering events easier for you!!

Oh yeah, another thing that FTF is introducing is

NO DOGS at ANY FTF MTB EVENT!! NO DOGS AT ALL!
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to dog owners, but this is a MTB events and dogs and bikes dont mix!!

Also, YVC will be there again to help with bike maintenance, and setup, and will have a swag of good specials on the day.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OH SHIT, leaving for scuba camp that same sunday!

dam it, can u change it to like saturday, for me, pleeaase :).

really wanted to ride there before the state round.

swanny

Likes Dirt
Yeah the dog thing has come about by the committee assessing the situation at events and it is based on safety. There have been times where i have felt a little edgy about seeing dogs, on leads or not, wandering around the race area an hoping that things dont get messy. If there is a no dog rule, then is absolutely, definitly leaves no opportunity for dogs to be an issue. We havnt had that many incidents with dogs but we thought why let an incident ever occur. We are also usually racing in fairly sensitive bush areas and regardless of what the local rules are for dogs in these areas, it is probably best not to have them in there.
We are just using this event as a trial and we shall see how it goes.....

bill2

Likes Dirt
i know someone already asked this but it didn’t get answered so ill ask again is there a limit to how many people can come or is it just turn up and pay and you can get shuttles ?

dunndog

Eats Squid
i know someone already asked this but it didn’t get answered so ill ask again is there a limit to how many people can come or is it just turn up and pay and you can get shuttles ?
I know I've been waiting for an answer too.. do we need to book spots or just rock up?

andy meagher

Likes Dirt
B-day

haha thats my birthday

hopefully it can be a sick ride day to make my day complete :)

cant wait to ride at my favourite trackk on my b-day

gonna be the greatest day evvver