Sydney 12 hour

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
Awesome event. Had a blast. Now happy to sit on my ass and waaah about being sore. I know I should probably go for a light pedal this arvo, but motivation = 0.

Mad props to RTE. MC-ing was great. Big fan of the live music, created a more festival like atmosphere.

Can I make a small suggestion though? Maybe have the live results just up on a laptop or something? Or a nice wide screen TV :D. Something a little more real time.

And big congrats to our man Dave Luds! Well done dude.

ukalipt, nice pics mate. i'm jealous there's not one of me :(

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Big fan of the live music, created a more festival like atmosphere.
I missed it all while doing the solo but could hear it most of the way up the climbs on the first half of the lap. It was great! It took my mind off how much i hated those hills for a little while.

Big congratulations to the organizers and the trail build crew.

I loved the event and will be back next year!

chops007

Likes Dirt
She is one tough nut. I was talking to her after race finish and she was saying how she told the ambo's that there was no way she was leaving until you finished the race. Did the close the wound or had she left it too long?
charli wouldnt listen to me either wen i sent her to the hospital..
the expression onn the nurses face wen we told her it happened around 3pm tut tut....
so they kept her in over night so the surgen can clean it out properly and stitch it up....

shes not gona forget her 1st big crash... will post pic wen i get back from hospital..

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome day out,
Had a bit of miss-communication, during the day as i was told Chops had stopped racing at about the 8hr mark.
So i was cruising nost of the afternoon thinking I was in 3rd place.
I wasnt until I got to the end of my very last lap i was told how close Chops was in front :(.
Next time chops,

I also just got back from the doc and I have a craked bone in my index finger,
that was from a crash at approx the 4hr mark.
I cant wait until next year.

I reckon they will have to stop the sandbagging, as there were a few sponsored riders in the "Punters" class.

I think if you have a major sponsor you should be in Elite, other wise should you be sponsored?

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Nice job RTE it was good to see more riders turn up this year and hopefully a good sign for this race in the future. Personally a disappointing day after waking up with a bloody head cold and battling the mucus for 10 laps before putting up the white flag, deciding it was best to save it for another day. Nice work to all the winners.
Really enjoyed the track layout well done WSMTB trail fairies.
Only one criticism though, and I was talking to Martin this morning and forgot to mention was, where was the Barbie?

itrance05

Likes Dirt
Yeah BIG congrats to Dave Luds AWESOME effort mate and thanx to dave and the boys for words of encouragement to keep going every time u passed;)

Last edited:

Power Leg

Likes Bikes
Awsome day - well run event - WSMTB continue to run/host professional events. My first 12hr and i certainly know it today - but with the mtb community being what it is - i cannot wait to go again. 450 riders and i didn't hear one negative or ego driven word all day. Nothing but encouragement, and respect on the track and around the transition area. Thanks all.

Tee Man

Likes Bikes
I reckon they will have to stop the sandbagging, as there were a few sponsored riders in the "Punters" class.

I think if you have a major sponsor you should be in Elite, other wise should you be sponsored?
Another suggestion maybe would be to distribute the cash prize pool to not just the winner of the elite category, but maybe top 3 or 5. Coz unless you had an actual chance of winning elite, why would you want to fork out an extra $40 or whatever on top of the entry fee to race?

That's what I would be thinking anyway.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Does having a sponsor make you fast or are you saying only fast riders should be sponsored? Either of those seems crazy to me is all ;)

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Track length?

Anyone know how long the track was? I don't think my computer was setup properly. Managed 17 laps but would love to know the distance...

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really enjoyed the social aspect of this event, as i wasn't there to win anything. I got passed by a few riders and every single one of them was polite in waiting to pass and said thanks when they passed. When i passed riders it was the same.

Two mates in a different team had an interesting experience each when being passed. The constant call of "passing on your right" had one of them instinctively moving over to the left. At one point a rider asked to pass on the left and one of the guys moved left and ran into him! No damaged done though. The other guy got passed and when the faster rider went by he caught a stick straight into the derailleur and ripped it off.

The track layout was excellent. There was always something challenging and enough easy sections to recover on.

My Garmin got the track length at 8.8km.

davzab

Likes Dirt
Awesome event

Awesome day out,
Had a bit of miss-communication, during the day as i was told Chops had stopped racing at about the 8hr mark.
So i was cruising most of the afternoon thinking I was in 3rd place.
I wasnt until I got to the end of my very last lap i was told how close Chops was in front :(.
Next time chops,

I also just got back from the doc and I have a cracked bone in my index finger,
that was from a crash at approx the 4hr mark.
I cant wait until next year.
No good to hear about your finger, well done to keep going though..

Was about to enter open since I'm not sponsored but glad I didn't sandbag n entered elite in the end.. Definately should have to enter elite if your sponsored though..

Another suggestion maybe would be to distribute the cash prize pool to not just the winner of the elite category, but maybe top 3 or 5. Coz unless you had an actual chance of winning elite, why would you want to fork out an extra $40 or whatever on top of the entry fee to race?

That's what I would be thinking anyway.
Agreed,Yeh I kinda felt bad for shane, chops and dreggsy there with nothing after putting in an awesome effort.. Would prefer to see the cash spread across the podium next time.

All in all great event, props to RTE and WSMTB, awesome set up and track layout.. Can't forget Tee Man and cha_cha for their support and motivation all day! cheers boys! ;)
didn't get to see much of the festival atmosphere going on due to soloing, but sounded like fun, nice loud music to be heard form the top sections of the track too..:)

dcrofty

Eats Squid
yea i went past you close to the 12hr mark nice shirt it put a lil smile on my face and out of the hurt box for a flicka of a second..
Cool, glad to have been able to take your mind off of the pain for a bit. Top racing too.

That was a tough course for sure, I'm really feeling it in the arms and chest today and my tuck shop lady jubbly bits got a fair shaking up on some of the rocky sections.

To the dude on the fully rigid KHS 29er who tried to gap the tractor tyre jump in front of me, thanks for the laughs. I can't believe you rode that out either.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
i'm hanging out for results like a crack whore waiting for a trick!!!!
Me too, also hoping that some of the photographers throw up some links too. So many out there, I've never had my pic taken so many times in one lap.