Underage Drinking....

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
if im going out, i just take all my ID out of wallet, so when/if you get caught, they cant prove who you are to give yo a fine. if you have open alcohol on you, they pour it out, if it is un-opened, they take it off you, and you have 24 hours to get an 18 year old to collect it on your behalf.

the "no ID in wallet plan" works 90% of the time, unless you have been caught doing something else they wont take to back to the cop shop to find out who you are.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I'm in the USA currently, and suddenly being underage again is a pain in the ass. I was at a baseball match, lying on the grass on a sunday afternoon. It was the perfect place to chill with a beer. But no. I was underage. They wouldn't and couldn't serve me. I wasn't planning on getting smashed, I wasn't going to be obnoxious and start throwing stuff at players. I just wanted a social beer to enjoy. However, I was below the designated drinking age, so wasn't allowed. What was hilarious though was the number of older and obviously drunk people who were fullfilling all the "underage drinking" stigma, who were still being served. The bitter sting of irony.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
It's been on the news a fair bit lately (all over google), hopefully they do the sane thing which would be to put it up one year each year after they instate it. Which would be fine for everyone who's already 18 :D

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Changing the age of drinking won't do stuff all good. People will lose there jobs and there will still be a mass consumption of alcohole for all those now 21 and under kids out there. Underage drinking is going to happen, it just takes those usual dicks to stuff shit up, turning a good nigh into a bad night.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Changing the age of drinking won't do stuff all good. People will lose there jobs and there will still be a mass consumption of alcohole for all those now 21 and under kids out there. Underage drinking is going to happen, it just takes those usual dicks to stuff shit up, turning a good nigh into a bad night.
Since when did that ever influence legislature? If it makes the government look like they're trying, they'll do it.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
One of the more sensible suggestions I've heard is keeping the drinking age at 18 for bars, pubs and clubs, but raising it to 21 for takeaway stuff like bottle-o's. I still wouldn't support it, but it's a better compromise.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
One of the more sensible suggestions I've heard is keeping the drinking age at 18 for bars, pubs and clubs, but raising it to 21 for takeaway stuff like bottle-o's. I still wouldn't support it, but it's a better compromise.
Agreed, at least at clubs, bars and pubs they can stop serving you once you've had too much. House parties are where more binge drinking happens, although parents will just get it for them as usual...

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
I know not everyone is into drugs, but up until I was 17 it was pretty hard to get alcohol, as I didn't know many people who were 18 and I didn't look old enough until I was about 17. However, when I was at that age, it wasn't that hard to get drugs (well weed, if I had looked for anything else, I dont think it would have been too hard) and it was easier than trying to get alcohol.

Having said that, drugs have a bad reputation, so not everyone will turn to drugs. Just something worth raising though.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you use that line in regards to the school girls you've been seeing dec?

;)
Hahahha! Yes, it I use it all the time and it works.
I know, just went down to the bottle-o and got asked for ID, not as much fun as making up excuses like "i left it in the car"..
Oh yeah! Ive gone to pubs and they dont check at all(I look like I'm 16) its like why didnt I go out before..

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:eek:

I'm in this thread, might as well contribute something. Personally, although I recognise that it's the easiest, most consistent way of controlling drinking, I don't think it's a system that works very well. I'm 17. I drink lots most weekends and usually end up making a fool of myself in one way or another (I woke up the other morning to find I'd fought my toilet roll holder, ripping it out of the wall). Lots of my friends do it (not why I do it, couldn't care less tbh), most of the time resulting in the same sort of things happening. I turn 18 in 3 months. The way I drink isn't going to change, just the venue I consume the alcohol in, and I don't see myself maturing much in those three months. I'll still get maggot, start fights, vomit on people, kick things and yell unnecessarily but it'll be alright because I'm 18 :rolleyes:

LJohn

Likes Dirt
You're essentially turning from illegal drunken dickhead to legal drunken dickhead. Still a dickhead.

But you're at peace with it all, so props.