HD 1080p Helmet Cam A must For All!

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
I got this today..man its wicked and smal, comes with heaps of mounts...i mainly got it for my planes but ill che chucking it on the bike for sure!

Ok here is the video..now just remember it is uploaded to you tube in HD but u still lose quality, this video is just from my car on the way home from Canberra today..ill get some footage on planes over the coming days.

Im really going to work this thing in all enviroments, water, snow, sky, dirt, ill try different resolutions as you can set it at 576p, 720p, 1080p and with 720p u can record at 60 FPS instead of the std 30fps...now thats insane!

The price at this early point is around $439AUD for the full 1080p HD version and around $255 for the Std Res unit, it comes with all different mounting brackets for like helets, boats, planes, suction for window mounting like in my video, comes with 1100 mah lipo built in, waterproof housing that can submerged to 60mtrs...man this thing is the bomb! It also comes with USB cable, normal rcsa cable and a component cable!

It can also take up to 32gb SD, im running a 8gb class 6 card in my video which is ample, even at 60fps.

It records 2gb per hour and you will get up to 8 hours battery life.

Storage
Memory: SD card, up to 32GB capacity (SDHC)
Average recording times (using 32GB SD card):
1080p (30 fps): 4h 21m
960p (30 fps): 5h 26m
720p (60 fps): 4h 21
720p (30 fps): 8h 09m
WVGA (60 fps): 8h 09m

Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6” x 2.4” x 1.2” (42mm x 60mm x 30mm)
Weight: 3.3oz (94g) incl. battery, 5.9oz (167g) incl. housing

No I dont work for the guys, I dont get commison from them, I just finally found a HD camera that will do the job on my aircraft and im super pumped. When I was talking to the distributor in Canberra he said he can set up a promo code for guys on here and you can proceed to the checkout and get a discount using the promo code.

Ill get some pics tomorrow of the unit and upload some better plane vids off it over the next week or so.

If you are interested in the camera contact the Australian Distributors Cheap Chips in Fyshwick, they can overnight ship but if anyone wants to check it out let me know, I can give u a look at mine.

Make sure if you speak to Rohan there you tell him Jason from the forum sent ya and he will look after you.

http://www.cheapchips.com.au/memory/go-pro-cameras.htm

Here is my test video I did today in 1080p, watch it on you tube rather than embedded on here...it looks better on you tube...its still processing so it will get better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSd-jFMuuF0

Here is some photos taken by the camera, you can set it to auto take pics ever 2,5,10,20,30 seconds! http://www.goprocamera.com/photos

Looka t some test videos http://www.goprocamera.com/hdheropreview/

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
yeah man...i wander in every now and then....

I was going to bed but the young fella played up...so now im wide awake again..lol

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
audio is pretty good, once u use the case and set it up properly, it is pretty good...ive seen a vd on a dirtbike and te motor sound is great with minimal wind noise.

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
No you tool, im letting yall know how awesome this is...man ive been waiting years to get a kick ass HD camera like this...man u should see the footage i just got on my RC plane...im in love.

rayza

Likes Dirt
not trying to take anything away from your post, but ContourHD is as good or better in many ways - the exception being mounting options - gopro really have it nailed there. and its smaller and lighter too. :)

looks sweet

how do you think this camer will andle snowboarding? in -20C @ 7000ft elevation?
Love the idea of having this for mountain biking.......but multi sports even better!
Hows the water proof casing unit?

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
I think the camera will go fine, I know ill be taking it with me in winter on the snowboard!

The water proof housing is awesome...im just editing the video from today in the pool...you will love it!

Hamo

Likes Dirt
Just interested to know how it handles vibrations and bumpy terrain like a rocky DH course. I've found quite a few helmet cameras look good on a car, but when they're getting bounced around a bit and going through light and dark sections quickly the video compression can't keep up with it?
(I don't know a great deal about how it all works, I was told it was the video compression which is usually the problem there, I might be wrong!)

Well from those videos it really looks the goods and puts my POV 1 to shame.

at the drive in

Likes Dirt
Just interested to know how it handles vibrations and bumpy terrain like a rocky DH course. I've found quite a few helmet cameras look good on a car, but when they're getting bounced around a bit and going through light and dark sections quickly the video compression can't keep up with it?
(I don't know a great deal about how it all works, I was told it was the video compression which is usually the problem there, I might be wrong!)

Well from those videos it really looks the goods and puts my POV 1 to shame.
The gopro handles the vibrations and bumps really well, alot better then the ContourHD

jgdj18

Likes Dirt
I picked up one of these the other day with the idea to run it on the chest mount.

http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=16

However, I can't angle it up enough. I could flip it upside down and set it to record upsidedown in the menu when the firmware update comes out, but I think the added distance the camera is from the mount when it is upside down would mean that it might shake more.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or how to tilt the camera up more on the chet mount? Maybe pack some foam under the bottom of the mount?

hmcleay

Likes Bikes
I picked up one of these the other day with the idea to run it on the chest mount.

http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=16

However, I can't angle it up enough. I could flip it upside down and set it to record upsidedown in the menu when the firmware update comes out, but I think the added distance the camera is from the mount when it is upside down would mean that it might shake more.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or how to tilt the camera up more on the chet mount? Maybe pack some foam under the bottom of the mount?
I tried doing the 'chest thing' with my old digital camera. And yes, it does point down too far.
So then I strapped the camera to the shoulder strap of my camelbak.
Works a treat, it just needs a small wedge of foam behind the camera to point it out a little bit.