Thoughts on You Yangs VDHS

jimmy irwin

Likes Dirt
So does know the new name of the track yet?
yeah, anyone??

Had a great weekend filming because of bike problems. Track looked really flowly although some of the lines were a bit sketchy in places. And it didn't pour rain like it was supposed to :rolleyes:
A few bad crashes including one of the worst i've ever seen today, going over the handles in a rockgarden which stopped racing for a while. overall a sick weekend,
Jimmy,

.Luke.

Likes Dirt
I think what they mean by unnecessarily dangerous is the rocks on the side of the track where people may crash.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I think what they mean by unnecessarily dangerous is the rocks on the side of the track where people may crash.
Well, it is you yangs, there are a lot of rocks everywhere, as soon as you move one rock there is a rock hiding behind it. Just don't crash, hell, you yangs is just a pile of rock with some granite (ground down rock) thrown in the mix haha

Track was awesome fun, amazingggg (for you yangs) and they made use of that tiny hill so exceptionally well! Why did they only think of that track recently =S

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Track 10 name

Hi guys, the new name will be announced on our web and shortly after on the forums, the ranger couldn't make it out on Sunday to let everyone know his decision and even i don't know yet, just give it a couple of days.

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Yer thats what i mainly talking about, There are a few places where i think some of those rock wouldent hurt to be moved, its not like moving them will open up quicker lines, just make it safer. Surly theres nothing wrong with that.

Do you think tracks should be made easy??
I don't think it was dangerous at all.. The gaps were all easy, and the b lines were sufficient. I don't think there was anything hard about the track really at all, or even remotely 'dangerous' (when taking into account all the other you yangs tracks and other tracks like Buller / Barjarg..)
I never said easier, the track in fine the way it is and is a massive improvement over the old race track, Also Buller and Barjarg will always be some of the harder track in VIC but they also dont have strategically placed giant rocks just off the side of the track that could easily be moved.

The thread asked for my though and i gave them, Im just saying i would rather see someone limp home with bad gravel rash because he stack in the middle rock garden rather than get stretchered out because his arm isn broken in 3 places after hitting a big rock.

Yes its a dangerous sport and thats the risk we take riding DH, but because we all chose to take this risk doesnt mean that event organisers shouldn't take safety into consideration. People do crash you know.

Whitie

Likes Dirt
Our sons' aged 12 and 8 thought the track was awesome!!

The 12 year loved it and rode it on a hard tail and did 9 runs and wanted to do more!!!!

The 8 year old also did it on a 24inch hardtail and did 8 runs and managed it fine!!!

Fantastic weekend yet again. Huge thanks to the organisers and volunteers!!!

Also great veiwing for spectators all along the track

dl79

Likes Dirt
Congrats to all the You Yangs MTB inc guys on a great event to finish off the series!! The hard work you guys put into the new trail really showed in the quality of the track you could squeeze onto the small hill.
Cheers guys, great job.
Leachy

jimmy-dh

Likes Dirt
Our sons' aged 12 and 8 thought the track was awesome!!

The 12 year loved it and rode it on a hard tail and did 9 runs and wanted to do more!!!!

The 8 year old also did it on a 24inch hardtail and did 8 runs and managed it fine!!!

Fantastic weekend yet again. Huge thanks to the organisers and volunteers!!!

Also great veiwing for spectators all along the track
That puts everyone else's comments to shame lol.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Little bastard. How come he's so good and I'm so shit?
Haha get used to it man, there's always some 'little bastard' that makes you think that.. when you get to my age almost everyone is a little bastard making you look shit!!:)

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to mention he was running V-Brakes!

That's the future right there, a young pinner that doesn't whinge and bitch because a track's too hard.

Stax

Squid
Awsome

What a weekend.

This was the first time I'd been to the you yangs and I can't wait to go back. It was also the first race this season I didnt crash in my race run and the first race I managed to hit all the A lines so I'm super stoked. So on that note I found that the track offered options that weren't too far out of reach and actualy encouraged me to give them a go. I pulled them all off and left there with heaps more confidence than I showed up with. So thanks to the youies guys and the Vic series guys. And well done to everyone who showed up and had fun coz that's what it's all about.

Stax

josh909

Likes Bikes
their was obviously a huge effort from the you yangs guys to get the track into the condition that it was, so much flow and linking all of it up felt so good. good job on using all of the tiny hill that was their to use.
this just shows that the track was built to cater for everyone's needs, their is no way the track was "too" dangerous. I personally think it could have been made more challenging for the more confident riders sure their was a few large gaps but that was basically it the rock gardens were mostly jumpable and it lacked technical parts but that could be due to the size of the hill.
to put in all the bits that everyone just isnt possible. still my favorite track this season so awesome job guys look forward to riding their again.

Whitie

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys!!! We think he's awesome too.. (as well as big bro..) they started riding and racing DH late last year!!!

Actually they sometimes do complain... but they get over it and have a go! Coz if you dont' try you'll never know!

Speaking of his V brakes we saw a Kona Stinky 2-4 for sale and now can't find the website. (Thought it was this one) If anyone could help, that would be great.... since we were told at Mt Taylor we're reportable for making him ride a hard tail..

Unfortunately the fork on the Giant has just about raced it's last race....

See you all at Long Gully...

Last edited:

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
with long gully is it mostly riding or just talking and pressy.

If riding how much will it cost for a person whos not a member of a club???

Cheers Robert

cheif

Likes Bikes
track ten is dead rock on this new monster

the track is sick, and there is not a hell of a lot more you can say. it really makes you step it up and give you plenty of oppertunity to progress your riding. there were a heap of lines and some were fast and safe while others had some risk to them, but its racing and no risk no reward. dont winge about how hard it is....get out and tame it bitches

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the track was great, loved it, i think the trail builders have produced a master creation.
cant wait to race it next year :)

AcTioN13

Likes Dirt
i saw your young fella going down the top section of track, if thats how he is riding at 8, jeez he would be one to watch in future.