2010 Unofficial Downhill World Cup Tipping Competition

Ivan

Eats Squid
Who would have thunk your invention would have been so popular? Toilets will never be the same again.

It’s more than just coincidence that you’re sitting on one when you have a brilliant idea.

Seeing as you’re going to be rolling rich soon, you’ll no longer need to work, and you can spend your days travelling on the UCI World Cup Downhill circuit like you’d always dreamed. There’s just one hitch with your plan - you’re not very fast on a bike. Not letting silly things like talent getting in the way of your dream, you decide to form a team and let other people sweat whilst you taste test the local beer and women.

Hiring one of your mates as a bike mechanic so he can travel/drink/ bum around the world with you, and scoring a cheap truck on an online auction in Spain, you have decided that if you’re going to last more than one year on the World Cup circuit, you had better show some restraint when shopping for some riding talent. After doing the sums, you decide you can get yourself a pretty fast team together for the princely sum of $130,000.

After making a few enquiries, you are able to compile a list of some of the world’s top riders, and the salaries you would have to offer to woo them to your team. You decide 3 riders is a nice even number for a team and set about the arduous task of trying to pick the three (or less) riders that will score the most points for you, whilst remaining under the $130,000 salary cap you have set yourself.

The 2010 UNOFFICIAL DOWNHILL WORLD CUP TIPPING COMPETITION

Rules of the competition:

To enter a team, you must have been a Rotorburn member for at least 6 months before your tips will be accepted. Sorry noobs.

Your team will consist of no more than 3 (this means 1, 2 or 3) riders, with the total value of the riders salaries being less than or equal to $130,000.

You will not be able to change your team between races. If a rider on your team becomes injured and is no longer able to compete in WC’s, you may exchange him for a rider of equal or lesser value. A team changing period is being considered for mid season depending on how the competition pans out.

Your team will accrue the World Cup points earned by your riders from each race. The person with the most UCI points at the end of the season is the winner. Point’s standings will be announced in this thread after each race.

The winner will receive as his or her prize, the adoration and respect of the Rotorburn community*.

The competition Overlord, me, reserves the right to do anything I want, whenever I want.

*respect not guaranteed

How to enter your tips:

PM me your tips in the format below. Your tips can remain a secret, or if you are so impressed with your own cleverness, you can post them in this thread. However, for your tips to be entered the MUST be PM‘ed to me.

Team Name:

Rider 1: Salary:

Rider 2: Salary:

Rider 3: Salary:

Total value:

Give me a Team name, your three (or less) rider’s names, their salaries, and the total value of the salaries.

Teams must be submitted to me by Friday the 14th of May. No team will be accepted after this date. Please submit them as early as possible, to prevent a massive rush on the last day.

GOOD LUCK.

NOTE: I am anal about details. This means I am not going to be happy with you unless you submit ALL the information I have asked for. Crack that whip!

And the points awarded at each race, straight from the UCI rule book.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
For example:

Team Name: Example

Rider 1: Marc Beaumont Salary: $40,351

Rider 2: Duncan Riffle Salary: $30,792

Rider 3: Bryn Atkinson Salary: $18,270

Total value: $89,413

Please try to spell the riders names correctly to save me some time.

indica

Serial flasher
Team Name:Far North Farkers

Rider 1: Salary: M.Hannah $71668

Rider 2: Salary: C.Kovarik $36479

Rider 3: Salary: W.Masters $14640

Total value: $122787

yes I know Wyn is a kiwi, but I've seen him racing @ Smithfield

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Just wondering why Rennie's on there, thought he wasn't racing?

Oh and does anyone have a link to last years overall points? Can't find it.

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
Just wondering why Rennie's on there, thought he wasn't racing?

Oh and does anyone have a link to last years overall points? Can't find it.
Those names come from the current points standing list on the UCI Website.

You are welcome to choose Rennie, but it wouldn't be wise as I don't think he is riding.:cool:

Tye

Likes Dirt
Team Name:Bike Riders

Rider 1: Sam Blenkinsop
Salary: $54 325

Rider 2: Aaron Gwin
Salary: $56 382

Rider 3: Ben Reid
Salary: $18 330

Total value: $129 037

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My dynamic duo have been assembled and should be fun all round.
Thanks for organising all this.
Bring on season 2010.

GoTheBug

pyrop

Likes Bikes
Hey you haven't got Troy Brosnan listed... He's got to be worth at least 10Bucks as he is doing the world cup isn't he? :p

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Team Name: Konyagi

Gwin - $56 382

Kovarik - $36 479

Lehikoinen - $ 20 024

Total - $113 885

Last edited:

adman

Likes Dirt
I'm keen to buy Kaine Cannan... how much interest is needed for a rider to be added?

Kaine should be about a dollar though...;)

lloydo

Likes Dirt
Team name: smash'n'crashers
Rider 1: Fabien Barel Salary: $63,884
Rider 2: Chris Kovarik Salary: $36,479
Rider 3: Matti Lehikoinen Salary $20,024
Total value: $120,387

Ivan

Eats Squid
Team name: smash'n'crashers
Rider 1: Fabien Barel Salary: $63,884
Rider 2: Chris Kovarik Salary: $36,479
Rider 3: Matti Lehikoinen Salary $20,024
Total value: $120,387
I haven't received a PM from you. If you want to play, you must PM.

Comp Nazi out!

Ivan

Eats Squid
34 entries so far.

Statistics :
  • Only 1 person has Sam Hill on their team. Who'd of thunk it? :D