2010 Unofficial Downhill World Cup Tipping Competition

Ivan

Eats Squid
Round 2 points - Fort William

Well, different riders certainly excel at Fort William, and results were affected by flats and mechanicals.

Two teams tied for the win!

Attachments

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So we're not counting quali points or something ? Checked my teams points from here and they dont match the table above.

Just wondering ? :)

stevenw

Pro Rider
Rhys is letting me down steve.
Yeah sorry mate. The doc wouldn't let him race Fort Will. He starts training today and is going to Leogang on Friday to spend 7 days training on the world cup track... He needs to get a top 10 result if he wants to ride for Australia this year, so the pressure is on... Rhys likes a challenge, so can't wait to see what happens in Leogang. Fingers crossed for a good result.

Ivan

Eats Squid
So we're not counting quali points or something ? Checked my teams points from here and they dont match the table above.

Just wondering ? :)

Ummmmm. I've just spent the last ten minutes trying to figure out where I've farked up, and I'm still clueless.

Yes, Quali points are included. The results you've linked to, are different to the UCI race and Quali results here

Somewhere, somehow the riders have gained points?? If anyone can figure out why, I'd love to know so I can fix it.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah sorry mate. The doc wouldn't let him race Fort Will. He starts training today and is going to Leogang on Friday to spend 7 days training on the world cup track... He needs to get a top 10 result if he wants to ride for Australia this year, so the pressure is on... Rhys likes a challenge, so can't wait to see what happens in Leogang. Fingers crossed for a good result.
Thats alot of pressure for him, a few top 15 results wont cut it? I hope all the best for him.

stevenw

Pro Rider
Thats alot of pressure for him, a few top 15 results wont cut it? I hope all the best for him.
Nah, his 13th at Maribor isn't enough. Fair enough though... It should be that hard to make the Aussie team. Rhys likes pressure so we'll see what happens. He always has next year if he doesn't make it this year.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah, his 13th at Maribor isn't enough. Fair enough though... It should be that hard to make the Aussie team. Rhys likes pressure so we'll see what happens. He always has next year if he doesn't make it this year.
I'm assuming this is for World Champs at MSA? Could someone fill me in on how many sports there are for the Australian Men.

Best of luck to Rhys

stevenw

Pro Rider
I'm assuming this is for World Champs at MSA? Could someone fill me in on how many sports there are for the Australian Men.

Best of luck to Rhys
Thanks mate.

If Sam Hill is world cup champ (which will be hard to do now) then Australia will have 7 spots available. If we don't have a world cup champ, then we are allowed to take 6 riders.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Yeeeeooowww
All my riders went awesome at Leogang, Gwiny - 3rd, Matti - 9th and Stevie - 12th
Could be my week this week.:D

:cool:

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sam*.......you have screwed me up .... !!!!!

Joking..:rolleyes:

My bad for putting all my eggs in the one basket.. FARK..

Maybe next year.

* Good luck on the recovery..

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
As my main rider is out (Sam Hill) with injury do I get to change to a lesser placed rider (which happens to be everyone)? If so I choose Greg Minaar.
Thanks

Ivan

Eats Squid
Yeah, so I have been super slack ever since I started shift work again. But the results are in.

To break the points up a bit, A special tipping round will be done for the World Championships.

Attachments