Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Would like to but we got clean up day tomorrow cleaning up other peoples dumped rubbish at the local. All so everyone knows we are nice bike riders... and really we are just sick of looking at it ourselves!!!
Jeff and I did ours today, cleaned up, fixed parts of track, extended the rock garden, pruning, and drainage work, all looking very good now, seen horse riders again and they are thrilled to bits with the work, also a resident walking thinks it's never looked better.
Although somebody had been through and added some rocks in places that did not need it, it was breaking up after 1 day, so we really fixed it up good and proper, some people have no idea about how to work on track!!!!!
Wish you were coming tomorrow!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jeff and I did ours today, cleaned up, fixed parts of track, extended the rock garden, pruning, and drainage work, all looking very good now, seen horse riders again and they are thrilled to bits with the work, also a resident walking thinks it's never looked better.
Although somebody had been through and added some rocks in places that did not need it, it was breaking up after 1 day, so we really fixed it up good and proper, some people have no idea about how to work on track!!!!!
Wish you were coming tomorrow!
We spent a few hours... removed nearly 3 tonnes of rubbish (by the tip charge) including a washing machine, bed base, toilet paper, glass, tiles, bricks, garden waste, hot water heater, fuel tank and the mysterious set of sneakers. Did some bush rehabiltation and general tidying. All we got was some weird looks from a few dog walkers... they probably though we were doing the dumping!! Place looks better now, but needs another day of tidying still. Took lots of photos to prove what we were doing was positive in nature!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
We spent a few hours... removed nearly 3 tonnes of rubbish (by the tip charge) including a washing machine, bed base, toilet paper, glass, tiles, bricks, garden waste, hot water heater, fuel tank and the mysterious set of sneakers. Did some bush rehabiltation and general tidying. All we got was some weird looks from a few dog walkers... they probably though we were doing the dumping!! Place looks better now, but needs another day of tidying still. Took lots of photos to prove what we were doing was positive in nature!
This is great news mate, your work will pay off in the end, just get to know the walkers and get them on your side, make mx and 4wd as the common enemy, put across your case that you are the one tidying the place and hopefully there conscious will play on them, this seems to be whats happening down our way, it goes like we are the ones who are keeping the place nice, they feel guilty about using it for years without lifting a finger, so are now grateful to xc'ers for this work, they now will report(not confront) mx'ers(our main problem), and keep it tidy as well.
Just take the time to talk to them, even if it cost's your ride, see whats on there mind, forge an alliance and come out the winner!

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
At least you will get to say hello to him at the beginning of the ride, he rides single chainring and smashes it!:D
don't belive the hype!!!

who's in?

will be closer to 10 now, meet top gate, couple of people coming

Last edited:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Thanks for the day out today Joe and Pete, legs are totally smashed, Nth Leura and Mt York in one day is hard on the legs, absolutely smashed my rear tyre on a square edge rock, got a brand new ignitor to go on!
Might be just cruising Grose Head tomorrow morning, racked up a lot of climbing in the last 2 days!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Hello ... whats happening on Sunday ?? soz out of the loop.

went to BMORC and noticed things have changed ?? me no could get into the forum bits so just checking if it was an ID10T user issue or an "under development thing"

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello ... whats happening on Sunday ?? soz out of the loop.

went to BMORC and noticed things have changed ?? me no could get into the forum bits so just checking if it was an ID10T user issue or an "under development thing"
Sorry sent you an email and everyone else about this... doing the change over to the Rob of NObmobs hosting method

Old forums are still up here if anyone wants to use them for the moment for discussion...

http://amun.webcity.com.au/~bmo31062/forum/

I hoping for Rob to get the new forums up soon.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I didn't get an email ... that I noticed anyway :p

Thats cool ... I was wondering why I suddenly was getting all these ancient nobmob PMs.

Is Sunday a yay or a nay ... I'm easy

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't get an email ... that I noticed anyway :p

Thats cool ... I was wondering why I suddenly was getting all these ancient nobmob PMs.

Is Sunday a yay or a nay ... I'm easy
I used your nerf.herder.david@gmail.com which you registered with.... you have a lot of emails addresses!!!

I can't go Sunday as I will be in Hamburg of all places (which I have found out is very flat and boring so I won't sneak in a bike ride.) Will be back for the Glenbrook ride in a few weeks however.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Oaks Meet and Greet/bmorc

Where: Oaks fire trail
When: sunday 2nd of may
Time: meet at the top gate at 10am..train arrives at 9.54
This will be a casual pace as it's a meet and greet for bmorc and for everyone to get to know who is who, afterwards will be coffee and cakes for those who wish to partake.

Who's In: BM Epic, big chuck,Lots of people will be coming Yay!

Last edited: