Playstation 3 Thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dozer was running as fast as he rides last night! :p
I had to leave man, I got motion sickness from doing that! It was funny in the first ten minutes then it just made me dizzy.
I actually played a couple of games on the weekend that didn't have any cheating arseholes in it. It was great!

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you find out the region code on the back of your disc look on the net to see what country that is and make a new user on your ps3 then make a new PSN with that country linked to it then you can download it from that country psn store

if your getting me lol

but if you already have bought the DLC from the AUSTRALIAN PSN store the best bet would be to sell your copy of skate and then buy an Australian copy off EBAY
AUSTRALIA'S region code is 4
Yeah that makes sence.
Thanks for all the help.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Shit! F1 2010, Fallout New Vegas and now, finally -after a long, looong wait- this?
courtesy of IGN.com

E3 2010: Under the Hood of Gran Turismo 5

US, June 16, 2010 by Ryan Geddes

It seemed like it would never come, but Sony and Polyphony finally announced a release date for the massive driving simulator Gran Turismo 5. The game will hit North American stores on November 2, and it will be packed with more than 1,000 cars. That's, er, a lot of cars.

At a presentation at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles this week, creator Kazunori Yamauchi went into more detail about Gran Turismo 5, including how all those cars will appear in the game. There are two categories of vehicles in GT5 – Premium and Standard. The majority of the cars (more than 800) fall into the Standard category and are made up largely of the rides that have been included in all past GT games. But that doesn't mean they're simple copies. All are painstakingly modeled to take advantage of the PS3's graphics shader. They also sport physics-based damage modeling, and they'll show scratches, dust and dents collected during races. The Premium cars, of which there are more than 200, will have all those features plus fully rendered interiors and true damage modeling. That means panel separation and deformation – the ugly stuff.

Gran Turismo 5 also includes rollovers, which means Polyphony has accurately modeled the bottoms of the cars as well. In case you weren't aware, Kazunori and his team are fanatical about detail in Gran Turismo games. You'll be able to see the bolts on exhaust pipes and the brushed textures of carbon. When detail screenshots of a few GT cars were shown next to their real-life counterparts, the two were nearly indistinguishable. That goes for the interiors of the Premium cars as well. Kazunori showed the interior of a GT500 race car, complete with harness, switches and wiring. It, too, was remarkably similar to a still image of the real version. Impressive stuff.

If you're a NASCAR fan, you're in luck. There are nine NASCAR models in the game, and Gran Turismo 5 has incorporated the full rule set from America's favorite motorsport. Not only that, but you'll be able to take NASCAR cars onto non-NASCAR tracks. Always wanted to race Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s car on the Nurburgring? Now's your chance.

Polyphony also showed off six new tracks in its E3 demo session. The Madrid Curso Del Sol circuit is a bendy urban course that took the design team two years to build. It's tight, and clustered buildings line its length. Toscana, by contrast, is a wide-open trip through the Italian countryside. Then it's on to Rome, a GT3 favorite that's back with a new configuration. The Nurburgring is here in its 24-hour endurance setup, too, along with all the track graffiti that's accreted over the years (but minus the smell of barbecuing sausages). Top Gear fans will be psyched to see that the show/magazine's test track is in Gran Turismo 5. Hammerhead, Gambon and all your favorite corners are there, and so is the track's unique figure-eight configuration. Imagine the crash opportunities where Bentley and Chicago come together.

Better yet, snap some pictures and savor your destructive memories. In addition to the standard Race Photo Mode, which lets you pause the action and take photos of your cars in action, Gran Turismo 5 also includes a new feature called Photo Travel Mode. Special areas have been created where you can take your car, get out, walk around (in a first-person view) and take pictures of your ride in these beautiful settings. The E3 demo included a shrine in Kyoto, an Italian abbey called San Galagno and Red Bull's impressive Hangar 7. These locations come complete with authentic environmental sound and historical information.

Gran Turismo has included the concept of a 'home' area since the first game. But the new game will finally bring that idea online. The GT Life section of Home in Gran Turismo 5 tracks your licenses, trophies, cars and more. And with a couple quick clicks you can find out how you stack up to your friends. But it gets more interactive than that. You'll also see a section called GT Lounge that serves as your own personal lobby where your friends can come and race, observe or just hang out. Kazunori described it as if you and your friends rented out a racetrack for the day. You might race a bit, and you might hang out in the paddock with a radio talking your buddies around corners. GT5 even has message boards, email and text chat built right in to your personal GT Lounge.

As expected, the visuals in GT5 are looking seriously impressive. The day/night transitions are smooth and dramatic, and the addition of high/low beam headlights brings a real race feel to night driving.

With the addition of the PlayStation Eye and a pair of Sony 3D glasses, you'll be able to play the game in 3D and make use of the game's head-tracking system. Move your head, it your perspective will change in the car. We asked Kazunori if Polyphony had any plans to implement PlayStation Move technology in Gran Turismo 5.

"We haven't really made a decision on whether we will use the Move. For the most part, GT5 will be best played with a pad or a wheel," he replied.

Expect a lot more on Gran Turismo 5 at the Gamescom European gaming convention in August, where Polyphony is expected to finally reveal all. IGN will be there to bring it to you, so stay tuned for more GT5 news and impressions.

Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time this summer indoors...
:cool:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media

ElectroFunkster

Likes Dirt
YES! Agree with you there! When do you head off to Whistler?

We should have a posse tomorrow night (Sunday), 6:30 PM EST?
july 21st, palmers first ride back tomorrow.

will be on tomorrow night for RDR ..

Games Im excited about from E3 (with Vids)

Assassins Cread Brotherhood

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/assassins-creed-brotherhood-multiplayer-hands-on-impressions/

Portal 2

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2010-portal-2-trailer-released/

and my fav Starwars force unleashed 2 (number 1 was brilliant)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-ii-first-look/

brindog

Likes Dirt
good stuff !
Looks like I'll be getting back into the PS3 (Uni Break)
Will try and buy RDR this week, would be fun getting a pose together.

ragman2008

Deviant_Angel

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Havn't really been on the Playstation that much... Miss it.
Just a heads up I made a new account.

Sundayy_

Keen to get on and play with you guys..

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Hey all.
Have just bought a new TV (40" Bravia LED), and have connected the PS3 and other things to it through HDMI cables, the 1.3 ones.
I have an optical cable that is running from the tv's digital out to the sound system's digital in.
Here's the problem.
All of the other devices have no problems, sound will go through the sound system no worries, but the PS3 is having some troubles. I aint getting any sound!

So current config is:
PS3==(HDMI)==>TV==(optical)==>SOUND SYST.

In the ps3 menu, i have got sound running through the HDMI output, with Dolby 5.1 and Linear PCM 2ch @44.1k and 48k. I have also tried without dolby, and with DTS. I get sound for about 1 second just after i change these settings, which is usually the 'clicking' as you scroll through the menus, then it goes back to silence.

You would be led to believe that it is the PS3 that is screwing up, as it is the only device that the sound isnt working for. It works fine through only the tv speakers, or if i go directly through from the ps3 optical to the sound syst, but as i only have 1 optical input in the sound system, its a bit of a pain to switch it over every time i want to use it.

I thought being the ps3 thread, someone may have encountered similar problems, rather than starting a new thread. Have tried to read up about it on other forums etc, but cant seem to find a clear answer.

Cheers for any responses chaps

sam705

Likes Dirt
Well, i've finally brought a new console after my old one decided it's day was done.
Most of you have added me (LiveLoveRide) although i can't remember my sign in info for that account, so im using my old account for the time being until i can be arsed ringing Sony to see if they can help me out. So if you're up for a game of RDR/COD ect... send a request to Mircho

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Well, i've finally brought a new console after my old one decided it's day was done.
Most of you have added me (LiveLoveRide) although i can't remember my sign in info for that account, so im using my old account for the time being until i can be arsed ringing Sony to see if they can help me out. So if you're up for a game of RDR/COD ect... send a request to Mircho
Add Xx-DMN8-xX
I won't be on for weeks, away all this weekend and next week, and then I will speding a lot of time on the PC editing. I miss RDR already. :(

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all.
Have just bought a new TV (40" Bravia LED), and have connected the PS3 and other things to it through HDMI cables, the 1.3 ones.
I have an optical cable that is running from the tv's digital out to the sound system's digital in.
Here's the problem.
All of the other devices have no problems, sound will go through the sound system no worries, but the PS3 is having some troubles. I aint getting any sound!

So current config is:
PS3==(HDMI)==>TV==(optical)==>SOUND SYST.

In the ps3 menu, i have got sound running through the HDMI output, with Dolby 5.1 and Linear PCM 2ch @44.1k and 48k. I have also tried without dolby, and with DTS. I get sound for about 1 second just after i change these settings, which is usually the 'clicking' as you scroll through the menus, then it goes back to silence.

You would be led to believe that it is the PS3 that is screwing up, as it is the only device that the sound isnt working for. It works fine through only the tv speakers, or if i go directly through from the ps3 optical to the sound syst, but as i only have 1 optical input in the sound system, its a bit of a pain to switch it over every time i want to use it.

I thought being the ps3 thread, someone may have encountered similar problems, rather than starting a new thread. Have tried to read up about it on other forums etc, but cant seem to find a clear answer.

Cheers for any responses chaps
Yep, Seen this before in my system. Run a optical cable from your PS3 to your sound system.

I have found my system has a problem with some games only liking Dolby Digital and sometimes the PS3 not auto detecting DD over DTS - I did a rant/whinge in the 'HDMI cord' thread (To save me typing it out again..)

Hows the LED?Much jealous...Only got an LCD :/