What are you saving for? Long term and short.

Plow King

Little bit.
Figured this could help people get through their day at work.

I just got my car paid off :D Si I have expendable income! Fuck yeah!

Short Term:

Mx Bike (RMZ250)
XC Bike
DH Bike
Gaming tower

Long Term:

04-05 WRX Sti :D
House Deposit. Prob work on House deposit before the car tho'

Last edited:

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
Well, I've got a few g's left to pay off on the car so the short term goal is to pay that off by the end of the year.
Also I've had a mortgage for nearly 18 months and would like to get a bit ahead on that (although compared to others my age, 26, we're doing well cause we bought well within our means). We've aleady saved and spent the big tickets - house deposit, engagement ring + wedding, and have travelled overseas.
Wife wants to go to Europe soon, so thats one savings account. I want a new bike next year, so thats another savings account. Ongoing bills - car rego's insurance, dirtbike rego + insurance, car servicing etc. is another savings account. And we have a general savings/rainy day account.
So yes we have 4 savings accounts all getting auto deposits every pay, and 2 normal accounts but they all serve a purpose and don't cost us any fee's etc.
People say I'm OCD about my accounts but there are never any suprises.
Cheers.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short term?

New running shoes and insurance fee to replace my fucked phone

Long Term? (Well, October feels ages away :p)

04-05 WRX Sti :D
House Deposit. Prob work on House deposit before the car tho'
An 05 one of those :)

PS Get an 05, 03 - 05 look the same, but in 05 is when they added the DCCD - definitely worth the extra money.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short term - Not really saving. Spending coin on the car/bike, weekend pleasures and general living expenses.

Mid term - Putting money away for a trip to the U.S. next year. I had been putting away $250-$300 or sometimes even $500 p/w when I do weekend shifts on top of my normal working week.

Long term - Not entirely saving just yet. Waiting for things to settle down a bit but essentially I'm saving for a deposit on a house/apartment/land loan. My brother is a Town Planner/Project Manager and works for a consultancy firm. I plan on using his position to my advantage to either i) Find an investment under his reccomendation or ii) Be one financial half of an investment with him.

Last edited:

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short: MX bike or whistler, havent decided yet

Long: not saving as such but some cash to go OS for a year or 2 with

scblack

Leucocholic
Short term - Neck Brace. Have $200 in the net bank account, putting away about $10-20 a week toward one.

skivi

Likes Dirt
Short Term:
  • private health insurance
  • 20 days in Japan in December for Mooneyes Yokohama

Long term:
  • 2 months motorcycling around NZ in 2012

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short term: Europe... Leaving in 8 weeks!!! Can't wait!

Long term: South America, new bikes, car, moto, and last and definitely least, debts.

aloo95

Likes Bikes
short term: first car

long term: nissan skyline gtr r35 (probably never going to happen but its nice to dream)

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short Term: Some camera gear, new forks and frame, money for Asia

Long Term: Some more travel, Seriously long stay in Iceland

jimmy irwin

Likes Dirt
Long Term - Hopefully get a better camera and some camera equpment. Meanwhile i'm trying to pay off that massive debt i owe my parents for the shiny new bicycle i bought... and thats gonna take a while :p

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Jesus saves.

Moses invests...

Seriously though, in the short term it's saving to provide some lubrication for the shafting that the UK taxman is going to give me.

In the long-term it'll be for a deposit on a mortgage.

This totally sucks arse. I should be saving up for a jetpack, night-vision goggles or my own distillery, not this mundane shite! I need to pull off a bank-job. Who's in!?

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
short term; kiwi land!!!!!!!!

in september, from last week i had $3.70, so its rpetty much eat nothing scab fuel money and dont buy anythign from now haha.

long term i havnt really givin much thought, i guess one day i should buy a house, but then... you die.

i think by the time most people can afford a house i wil be one of those homeless alcoholic bums that everyone avoids... dono

i got a $30 a week savings acount that i never touch pluss my super so i might end up having an ok retirement

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short term: Wheels and any upgrades that make it onto the 'to do list' for the car.

Long term: Pay off said car and save mulah for travelling ze world.