2010 BNG SPORTS QLD STATE DH CHAMPIONSHIPS - Townsville

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
More news just in - SUBWAY will be out at the track for the Champs weekend.

They will be providing food and drinks all weekend. Now we can all eat something healthy while punching bulk runs.

Don’t forget online nominations only. Don’t miss out.

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Don’t forget its online nominations only... “NO ON THE DAY NOMINATIONS TAKEN”

Tell your mates and start nominating... Noms close next Wednesday (8th).

Competitors can collect their riders packs on the Friday night at the Pump track venue. Information will be sent out to the all competitors once nominations have closed. So pack your HT’s

cjaty

Likes Dirt
On the video of following the rider down the track he went out on the road,is that part of the track or is there another section to keep it off the road?

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
The track heads out next to the road it will have barriers to stop anyone going on the road. but in other words that is the track heads towards the bitumen but back on to the dirt. hopefully that clears that up.

Bunyip

Likes Dirt
Map to the track

To everyone that is traveling to the race.
I found the attached image for directions to the track form last years State round #4 in Townsville.

map to track.jpg

Thought it might come in handy.

See you all in 2 weeks!!

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Can't wait, having a week off work for this event, i saw that the winner from last year was very low 5 min, i did it in 6min and 10 sec, that guy must have legs the size of tree trunks and lungs that can pump a whole lot of air, cause that flat middle section, i recon i lost most of that minute right there!! This is an awesome track, hence why i'm heading up again this year, worth the trip.

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Can't wait, having a week off work for this event, i saw that the winner from last year was very low 5 min, i did it in 6min and 10 sec, that guy must have legs the size of tree trunks and lungs that can pump a whole lot of air, cause that flat middle section, i recon i lost most of that minute right there!! This is an awesome track, hence why i'm heading up again this year, worth the trip.
That is awesome news. Glad you enjoyed it last year... This year the track is even better got allot more cool sections in it. been getting a bit of rain each night up here keening the track in prime condition. Not even the locals have had the track in this condition before.

Looking forward to it. only a few more sleeps to go. Don’t forget to nominate or you miss out.

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
That is awesome news. Glad you enjoyed it last year... This year the track is even better got allot more cool sections in it. been getting a bit of rain each night up here keening the track in prime condition. Not even the locals have had the track in this condition before.

Looking forward to it. only a few more sleeps to go. Don’t forget to nominate or you miss out.
When you say nominate, you mean select a category (VET) and pay? if so, done and dusted. just gotta pack the bike this week end and will be jet setting on tuesday!

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
I haven't nommed yet - waiting for payday with another mate so you can add at least 2 to whatever you're at. I think quite a few people will be leaving it til the last minute.

Have you guys got 100+ yet? Surely could get close to that just with the locals. I'm coming up with 9 people of which 5 are racing and we have other mates who are doing there own thing and that's just a small bunch of peeps I know.

chris95

Likes Dirt
I haven't nommed yet - waiting for payday with another mate so you can add at least 2 to whatever you're at. I think quite a few people will be leaving it til the last minute.

Have you guys got 100+ yet? Surely could get close to that just with the locals. I'm coming up with 9 people of which 5 are racing and we have other mates who are doing there own thing and that's just a small bunch of peeps I know.
hey mate, not sure on the official number on nominations but i was told last week it wasn't many yet, leo will clear this up, And i dont think we have 100 plus locals here that do dh, most do xc. We would be lucky to have 50 local Dhers

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
hey mate, not sure on the official number on nominations but i was told last week it wasn't many yet, leo will clear this up, And i dont think we have 100 plus locals here that do dh, most do xc. We would be lucky to have 50 local Dhers

Getting the locals to nominate is like trying to pull teeth from a croc without giving it pain killers.

We are nowhere near the goal we want to reach. In saying that we only have 10 locals that have nominated. Makes it incredibly hard to arrange transport when you receive 50 nominations in the last 2 days. If your wanting to get your series number plate make sure you nominate before the Tuesday night as we have to send the noms away to have plates printed. (Haydo leaves to travel up on Thursday)

Both tracks are looking amazing. The race track and the pump track. Pump track will be the Friday night don’t forget your HT. We will send an email on the Thursday once the nominations close with the details for the pump track

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Getting the locals to nominate is like trying to pull teeth from a croc without giving it pain killers.

We are nowhere near the goal we want to reach. In saying that we only have 10 locals that have nominated. Makes it incredibly hard to arrange transport when you receive 50 nominations in the last 2 days. If your wanting to get your series number plate make sure you nominate before the Tuesday night as we have to send the noms away to have plates printed. (Haydo leaves to travel up on Thursday)

Both tracks are looking amazing. The race track and the pump track. Pump track will be the Friday night don’t forget your HT. We will send an email on the Thursday once the nominations close with the details for the pump track
That sucks man - what's wrong with them all?

I honestly though I'd being seeing 100+ riders overall for the event. I'd be disappointed with everyone if it was less than that.

Fingers crossed everyone pulls their finger out by the time rego finishes up.

bogada

Likes Dirt
That sucks man - what's wrong with them all?

I honestly though I'd being seeing 100+ riders overall for the event. I'd be disappointed with everyone if it was less than that.

Fingers crossed everyone pulls their finger out by the time rego finishes up.
Just quitely, I think there'll be 100 plus.

Races are always flooded late with noms - I wouldn't stress yet?

There'll be a solid turnout. My money is on 115. There - I said it!

Boom, That just happened!

And for the record - I've already nominated, because having run races before I know how helpful it is in organising when people commit early.

See you all up there.

chris95

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys rode this track today and its in Abosute mint condition, every corner has been groomed and its the fastest the track had ever been, We have had a little bit of rain over the past week so the dirt is nice and hard, And if you havent so yet make sure you nominate before wednesday.

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Still waiting on allot of nominations to go througw. if you have nominated but haven't received a confirmation email with your payment then big chance it hasn't gone through.

track is getting better by the day. gettign showers each night up here been fairly cool most weekends hopefully this ones the same.

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
If you haven't nominated yet get in and do it or you miss out. Closes tomorrow.

Can't do anything once the nominations have closed.

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
Just quitely, I think there'll be 100 plus.

Races are always flooded late with noms - I wouldn't stress yet?

There'll be a solid turnout. My money is on 115. There - I said it!

Boom, That just happened!

And for the record - I've already nominated, because having run races before I know how helpful it is in organising when people commit early.

See you all up there.
Too right. Noms will flood tomorrow arve.

Will be disappointing if we can't hit 100 riders for our own State Champs. I know the majority of the scene is in SQ and it is a long way to travel, but if there is one race each year you should be putting in a big effort to get to it should State Champs.

Hope to see a big bunch of you Southerners this weekend, will be utterly disappointed if I dont.

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Well there is a DH race on. - But the main events will be the Pump Track and after Party. They will be sic.

Have something in your competitors bag that you “WILL” be able to use at the after party. haha

Bunyip

Likes Dirt
Too right. Noms will flood tomorrow arve.

Will be disappointing if we can't hit 100 riders for our own State Champs. I know the majority of the scene is in SQ and it is a long way to travel, but if there is one race each year you should be putting in a big effort to get to it should State Champs.

Hope to see a big bunch of you Southerners this weekend, will be utterly disappointed if I dont.
Many Rocky boys making the trip?