Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

In stock

Had a call from my local Giant dealer - stock arrived in. Was only voicemail, didnt say if they had any for sale or just viewing...

Would go down this weekend but I am getting married so need to be other places! :D

Going to visit when I get back from holiday!

Jubas

Likes Dirt
If you don't get yours soon you should hit your shop up for Pivot or something at a massively discounted rate.
Surely enough is enough at some point!
They don't stock them sadly.. they're a niner shop, but I'm not convinced on the value of a Jet9/Rip9 - I think there's also a wait on those frames too :p

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
They don't stock them sadly.. they're a niner shop, but I'm not convinced on the value of a Jet9/Rip9 - I think there's also a wait on those frames too :p
Value can look bad because of mark ups. If arrival date blows out again could be worth doing a bit of research on other brands, finding out how much they are approximately wholesale, getting angry and hitting them up for a deal!!!!

They have arrived. I'm Cyc'd ;)

Got a call from the friendly Giant Dealer this morning @ 9:30 am, walked out with a Large at 10:30 :) :) Thanks chaps !

Just in the middle of setting up the shock pressures at the moment.

Extra Large frames I'm told are due in 2 more weeks. I'm ~189cm so the Large was fine.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
They have arrived. I'm Cyc'd ;)

Got a call from the friendly Giant Dealer this morning @ 9:30 am, walked out with a Large at 10:30 :) :) Thanks chaps !

Just in the middle of setting up the shock pressures at the moment.

Extra Large frames I'm told are due in 2 more weeks. I'm ~189cm so the Large was fine.
When did you order if you don't mind me asking? Did you have to return one, or were you on a waiting list?

Jubas

Likes Dirt
No call yet?
nup - nothing yet.. i'm apparently down for week 42. I think this week is week 40.. If it's people getting their frames returned after having the recall, that's fine as those customers will be a higher priority. If it's standard waiting list sales, I'll be a little more frustrated

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Looks like Carl has approved the protoype version and Giant are moving into production mode. Apparently the bikes will be announced to dealers around August 1st. No idea on shipping info yet.. would be nice if we could get it before Summer over here
Hrmm, that was 5 months ago (mid May-ish). I wouldn't have thought they were available to order, but who knows!

Shop I have been dealing with is a Giant Concept store, and the only one in Brisbane.

And I am guessing its the same place BikerDave got his from given his "Cyc'd" comment.

wingy

Likes Dirt
Shop I have been dealing with is a Giant Concept store, and the only one in Brisbane.

And I am guessing its the same place BikerDave got his from given his "Cyc'd" comment.
Cyc'd has them. They wanted to get a few built up before announcing to the world that the stock was in. I had a carpark ride on a medium on Friday and it felt pretty good. Looking forward to getting mine soon. No different aesthetically to what you all have seen on the net.

michaelg

Likes Dirt
Hey Jubas

What Size is your anthem 29 ?
I have ordered a Medium myself, wonder if we are waiting for the same size ?

tegski

Likes Dirt
How many of us shiny bike owners are gonna be there?
Had a call from the LBS today - they are rebuilding at the moment…staying late to do it all. Collecting my new/old bike tomorrow - Yay!!!
Definitely a big thanks to the mechs at Onya Belconnen - looking forward to my new ride at the Worlds over the weekend.
So I WILL be there with the shiny 29er…see you all there too!:)