2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Feitser

Squid
This is no way the world champs, if anything it shows we need an official World 24hr Champs! It was basically the Australian Champs! Do some research guys.

Delmar

Likes Dirt
Facts? What facts? Why are they not world champions - because you say so?
As someone who merely crewed for someone, but has several friends who gave it everything this weekend, I find it mildly annoying/unseemly that this would be raised again in this thread immediately after the race. Can we start another thread for this issue (if you must discuss again) and let people do post mortems/bask in thier achievements 'in peace', so to speak?

All: I think they're trolling, lets not give them oxygen by replying more.

Norco-vps/Fietser: respectful request- leave it alone please.

Last edited:

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chapter VIII
UCI MOUNTAIN BIKE WORLD CUP
Rule 4.8.001
The UCI Mountain Bike World Cup is the exclusive property of the UCI.
I've expressed my feelings on a public forum where such is acceptable.
Following Delmar's request, I will no longer continue such a biased argument.
Thanks.

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Did anyone get an accurate measure of the amount of climbing per lap? My legs are killing me!
And a huge congratulations to all who competed and achieved their goals, whether it be to win the World Championship, get on the podium, or simply participate, you are all champions to me!

akashra

Eats Squid
I've expressed my feelings on a public forum where such is acceptable.
Following Delmar's request, I will no longer continue such a biased argument.
Thanks.
Josh, throwing in additional comments and then expecting others to leave it with your last words? Really?
Not to mention that the world cup has nothing to do with this (nor was it even bought up until you did), and if you're basing your trolling efforts on the fact that you don't seem to even understand what the world cup is or how the sport works at the top level. It might also seem the word you want is 'bigoted', not 'biased'.

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Congrats Jason.

Watching you come over the home view bridge for the last time was incredible. You had clearly put everything you had on the line. It really was something special to watch.

charltons

Likes Bikes
Sore knees?

Thanks to everyone both competing and crewing I had a fantastic time. Special thanks to those hermits up in the bush that kept encouraging us all night. The course was awesome!

However..... riding for 24hrs was a doddle compared to the pain my knees were giving me on the way home. I think it rates as some of the worst pain I have experienced! Does anyone know how to fix this after a race?

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
hey charltons, in regards to your knees, theyre gonna need 48-72 hours for the pain and associated inflammation to settle, if the pain is bad id ice them and you could try some anti inflams or pain killers to ease your discomfort, eat a lot of protein to help repair the damaged tissue, hydrate well, and if theyre real bad after 72 hours a trip to your local osteopath/physio or a good massage on your legs will all help
cheers
matt

tegski

Likes Dirt
I'm suffering in the sitting down stakes - I guess time will heal. As I said to a couple of riders…you know it is bad when you go and sit in the porta-loo at the top of the course and think that it is really quite comfortable in here…
Can I also say a big thanks to the supporters and volunteers - It was great to be continually encouraged. I, and i'm sure all of the other riders, really appreciated your efforts.

griggsy

Squid
Bagpipes

Did anyone hear the bagpiper on the back of the mountain around sunrise?

That was my father, I relieved him of crew duties and sent him up there to encourage everyone. Hope that it didn't hurt too many peoples ears.

Well done to all who kept climbing that ridiculous mountain twice every lap!!

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
great effort from all those racing, congrats to all who finished or even tried!

couldn't give a toss whether it's a worlds, club, made up fantasy race or a kinder surprise, just happy for those who raced.

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Great organisation - mabe the Commonwealth Games should be run by CORC.

Thankyou for running a great event, brilliant course, loved the hills, perfect atmosphere out on track, pit set up was great for my supporters.... thankyou - lots

matt36415

Likes Dirt
Thanks to everyone both competing and crewing I had a fantastic time. Special thanks to those hermits up in the bush that kept encouraging us all night. The course was awesome!

However..... riding for 24hrs was a doddle compared to the pain my knees were giving me on the way home. I think it rates as some of the worst pain I have experienced! Does anyone know how to fix this after a race?
Amputation is a common and relatively simple cure for this.