Post Your XC Machine

Mooy

Likes Bikes
Yeti ASR-C

Hi Folks,

Heres my new enduro bike!

2011 Yeti ASR-C dripping with brand spankin 2011 XTR.

Hoops are Stan's CREST laced to DT 240's

have only had a few rides at this stage but it is a mean machine!

IMGP2013.jpgIMGP2014.jpgIMGP2010.jpg

Mooy

Likes Bikes
Weighed it after the build and it was 10.3Kg, since then i've changed the bars to much narrower flat bars vs wide risers and put on a 100 thomson vs a 110 thomson.

My hope is that this plus lighter tubes will get it under 10...i can only hope!

Yeah i have the curse of super long legs! All my bike have been set up like this, but it works!

Bodin

GMBC
Hi Folks,

You'd wanna be setting personal bests on that - it's a "no excuses" machine!

Very jealous...

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Yeah i have the curse of super long legs! All my bike have been set up like this, but it works!
That kinda reminds me of Ed Hood's bike from the Scott a few years back - his saddle came up to my nipples and I'm 5"9'. :eek: I reckon yours is pretty close to that mark too.

That frame does look good though. Black with just a hint of Yeti Turquoise. Understated but classy.

Mooy

Likes Bikes
I think the seatmast makes it look taller than it actually is ! Ah well can't chop my legs shorter.

Yeah tubeless will be an option in the next week, gotta keep playing around with stans tape to get em to seal properly.

donny70

Likes Dirt
This is my xc machine. GT STS2 with Look fournales forks and Magura hs33s.
It rides like a rocket. I haven't had the time to weigh it but it's very light.
The forks are only 1200g and small bump sensitivity is nothing short of amazing...

Last edited:

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Donny70,

Can you give us some close up pics of the suspension/pivots and cranks? Certainly very different to the usual fare in here.

I saw one of these or similar a few years ago and always wondered what they were and more importantly how they handled.

Out of curiosity but where do you buy these things from?

donny70

Likes Dirt
Hi. Bought the bike from the states and the forks from the UK. Overall the bike is a plush ride with adjustable 4-5" rear travel and It's also a great climber out of the saddle, doesn't bob much. It's a 16" frame so it's got the whippiness that I like handling wise without being jittery.

There's 80mm travel on the front and the forks are so stiff that I can literally launch it into corners that I would normally wipe out on. The forks don't dive either. Under full braking they only move down about 25mm as the path is different...

Rockyboy

Cannon Fodder
This is my xc machine. GT STS2 with Look fournales forks and Magura hs33s.
It rides like a rocket. I haven't had the time to weigh it but it's very light.
The forks are only 1200g and small bump sensitivity is nothing short of amazing...

Nice ride...

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Folks,

have only had a few rides at this stage but it is a mean machine!
Very nice ! I'm extremely jealous and would love one except I'm not fast enough to not look silly.

kjk944

Cannon Fodder
Came across Rotorburn looking to build a wheelset.Like what I saw. Nice forum

07 BMC TF01
07 Yeti 575

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
suuuper 4!

138.jpg

2010 commencal super 4.

It's a bit of a bitser spec wise, but that's what happens when you get rid of 2 bikes to make 1!

Have done lots of kms on this one now... whilst not the lightest machine out there it really eats up distance very happily and LOVEs popping off lips and bumps... such a stiff rear!

QUINCE

Likes Bikes
View attachment 193111

2010 commencal super 4.

It's a bit of a bitser spec wise, but that's what happens when you get rid of 2 bikes to make 1!

Have done lots of kms on this one now... whilst not the lightest machine out there it really eats up distance very happily and LOVEs popping off lips and bumps... such a stiff rear!
Hey mate nice ride, I just bought a 2011 Super 4 frame and am looking at different shock options. What are you running on yours?
And whats a brief spec list you got on it?

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
Hey mate nice ride, I just bought a 2011 Super 4 frame and am looking at different shock options. What are you running on yours?
And whats a brief spec list you got on it?
awesome. the 2011s look nice - what colour you get?

I'm running a Rockshox ario on the rear (came with the frame) but if I can find one for the right money I'd definitely upgrade to an RP23 with boost valve. As I understand it it allows you to run slightly lower pressures but still stop bottoming-out. The ario just seems a little too linear so if I want it to not bottom-out, it's a bit stiff for the small bumps and vice versa - if I set it right for nice small bump compliance I get a bit nervous about it bottoing-out on the bigger hits. As I understand it the suspension was tuned for the RP23 so why they sell it with different shocks I don"t really know.

Otherwise, I'm running:

Fox RLC on the front - currently at 100mm but I'll open it up to 120 at some stage - great fork.
hayes stroker carbons with hope floating rotors (7 front, 6 rear)
sram XO grip shifters
X9 rear derailieur, XT front
XTR cranks with blackspire rings and hope BB
mis-matched wheels - rear is a Stans flow on hope 2 hub, front is a WTB speed disc
thompson seatpost
90mm syncros stem with answer protaper carbon bars - 1 inch rise

mines a medium, which for a commie means it's a 17 inch frame. I find it a little short for me but I have short leg, long body syndrome and I think I'll change the seatpost for a layback/offset jobbie at some stage to give me a little more room to play with (I find I'm always sitting at the back of the saddle currently). I love the size of it otherwise - it's small and chuckable - extremely playful on the trails.

sorry - that wasn't particularly brief!

good luck with yours - would love to see how it comes together!

QUINCE

Likes Bikes
Yeh Cool. I got the red one so it should go faster :p
I got mine in an extra large. but i am 6ft 3" tall so.

I think im going to end up getting an rp23, most things i read and hear still point to that shock so it only seems logical.

pretty similar groupset to what i will be running with X0 rear DR and shifters, X9 front DR. stylo cranks (Noir up grade later) Reba team fork 100mm (sid 120mm upgrade later) wheelcraft Fiend wheelset. Easton cockpit and seat post.
Will post some pics when i get it all up and running.

thekovac

Squid
Here's my new lady - Rotorburners meet Katrina:

She's a custom build bike with a Kona Leroi Frame that is made of Scandium and has carbon rear seat stays. Equipped with RockShox SID Race forks, Fox RP3 rear shock, DeoreXT running gear all round, Avid Juicy 5 brakes and Mavic Crossride wheels wrapped with Schwalbe RocketRon tyres.

Unfortunately she hasn't had a good maiden voyage yet thanks to all the recent miserable weather and subsequent park & track closures. Can hardly wait to give her a good crank. :D