Official kentlyn thread

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LOL...

I was never going to Canberra the weekend before...

Screw that. To far to drive for XC 2 weekends in a row... I aint no Tai!

Looks like ill have to work that Saturday now...

So a weekday might be in order...? Let me know what weekdays you have free James.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I only have Monday free next week but I do have two weeks off in April. So we can do Monday if your free

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Let's leave it to a day in April mate, my first xc ride post operation is Monday. Just a local, slow paced and short slog!

taibo

Eats Squid
Update!

for all you MONT24HR crazy mofo's...
just a friendly reminder that it is GAME ON in under 3 weeks! :D:p:)
i believe everyone in your time has been doing some riding/training of some sort except for Judd and Blake...the mountain gods will punsuh them and they will pay the price:p LOL!

next Saturday some of the boys and I will be heading down to Kowan for some riding and scoping...PM me if you are interested in joining us.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
for all you MONT24HR crazy mofo's...
just a friendly reminder that it is GAME ON in under 3 weeks! :D:p:)
i believe everyone in your time has been doing some riding/training of some sort except for Judd and Blake...the mountain gods will punsuh them and they will pay the price:p LOL!

next Saturday some of the boys and I will be heading down to Kowan for some riding and scoping...PM me if you are interested in joining us.
Pfffft!

Whats with the name and shame?!
Im going to do it on the Yeti :)
Make the norco watch and learn how its supposed to be when it grows up...

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
XC Riders BEWARE.

Hi all,

XC riders using the technical descent at the end of the Bendi trail keeps your eyes open. Pushing my bike up the hill today I came across quite a bit of barded wire that looks like it had been placed on the track deliberately. I stopped and threw the various bits away.

Ride safe people.

Cheers,
CBG.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This comment was added to Trailflix a little while ago. I used to ride from St Helens Park to Kentlyn via the firetrails behind Airds and I've seen others do it as well.

Tim - I rode this trail today [Ed: early April] for the 3rd time. This time I took a friend to show him the fire trails, which are fun to ride because you can pick up some serious speed. However I would now strongly recommend you don't ride this trail because about 2/3rds into the trail (we started from the St Helens Park end behind the soccer fields) about 6, 15 to 16 year old kids appeared on one of the side trails and shouted, "Get them on the mountain bike!" They then started throwing beer bottles and rocks at us and started chasing us (for the rest of the trail). They missed my friend but hit me in the head with a large fist-sized rock, luckily hitting my helmet. We were both lucky we were fit enough to power up the hills and get away. I don't mean to turn you of the trails but if you do ride Airds and you hear people along the track be very careful...

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Crank1979,

I read that on the TrailFlix site.

If it is any consolation you are not the only people to be attacked in that area. A guy I know who does a lot of rock climbing was half way up a cliff in the area when some people (mainly kids) decided to pelt him with rocks from above. He had to scamper down really fast to avoid injury.

I hardly ever ride along those tracks these days. The amount of broken glass, metal from wrecked cars, wire traps strung across trails and the occasional used syringe has done enough to turn me off the area. If I have to ride over that way I just ride on the road.

Also, I nearly rode over a big Red Belly Black on that little concrete causeway one day. Nearly needed new undies.:D

CBG.

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that sucks then. It used to be a good (for firetrail) connecting track. I'm not that surprised it's happening. When I did ride it I generally rode as fast as I could while looking around everywhere except at the track in front of me! I haven't had rocks thrown at me. The worst I had was finding some kids starting a fire and stopping to yell at them and put it out before it really took off in the bush.

The Bendi Track flows nicely in the reverse direction too. I did that the week before last.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Rode the Rock trail yesterday and the new section is sweet. Keen to do a full lap from Darling Ave soon if anyone wants to join me, (I'm not a racer, more a cruiser:p)

BigRedJeep

Likes Bikes
Howdy,

I've been reading all the Kentlyn DH threads and just wondering if anybody is still riding much DH down there these days? or are the tracks still ridable?

I've only just gotten back into riding as it's been about 8 years since I last raced (XC) but this time round I wanna have a crack at some of the more Gravity Orientated stuff. I picked up a new DH steed yesterday and am ready to get back up to speed.

If anybody still heads out there (preferably sunday's) and doesn't mind a NooB tagging along give us a yell :)

Cheers
AJ