Official kentlyn thread

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
ITS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

kentlyn has been done up a fair bit since i have been riding up there a bit everything is looking pretty good, does anyone else go out there? looks like theres a good crew up there doing some awesome track work

Last edited:

Newts

Likes Dirt
a few of us will be back when it gets cooler and push ups are easier. Tidied up the 8ft a couple of months back and added the berm in. I see from youtube that it has had a work out

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Kdh

kentlyn ... does anyone else go out there? ...
Every man and his dog!!!!

From regulars to blow ins from all over.

Plenty of new stuff has been added lately, some good some crap.
Be nice if some of the newbies would pay thier dues doin some maintenance on the existing tracks before they started cutting thier own lines in. If it keeps goin the way it is, soon it will just be a naked barren wasteland.

And to all you bums leaving your empty bottles, cans, gel wrappers etc. at the trailhead and in the car parking area, TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU!
We are all sick of cleaning up after you.

KDH 4 LIFE.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
theres alot of rubbish there where everyone parks i had a word to the guy that owns the house he said its cool everyone rides there and all but yeah the rubbish pisses him off and hoons in there cars doing hand brakies as they come in, i know who they are but wont be name droppin....we have done alot lately up there and from what i hear everyone is pretty happy with the lines we are making
whats happening with that wooden step down after the board walk drop? whos building it , its been the same for months

mtb1611

Seymour
^^^I can vouch for that; as I got back to the car on Sunday some plonker in a black Commo ute was doing his bit for the rep of mtb by doing a few wheelspins on exiting the parking area. Think!

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
And to all you bums leaving your empty bottles, cans, gel wrappers etc. at the trailhead and in the car parking area, TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU!
We are all sick of cleaning up after you.
+10 No excuse for it. The guy at the house is tolerant, thankfully... but that will only last for so long.. .especially if the hooning continues... sheesh what are some people thinking !!

Newts

Likes Dirt
Quote [And to all you bums leaving your empty bottles, cans, gel wrappers etc. at the trailhead and in the car parking area, TAKE YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU!
We are all sick of cleaning up after you.]

Great call. Keep it clean. Council wont have as many issues. The locals wont call council.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
whats happening with that wooden step down after the board walk drop? whos building it , its been the same for months
That's at the bottom of one of the lines that I built (snakes and ladders). I haven't been out there for a couple of months but I know the two guys who were building the structure (not by name though). I wanted to talk to them as I did have plans for the track after the ladder drop to the bottom of the valley and although they have built it strong with gal bolts etc it was not thought out very well in terms of the gap between the table and the catch ramp after it. Unless you virtually stop on top you wil overshoot it and land to flat. I would be up for an overhaul of it and finish it. I also need to fix up the wallride as last time I was out there one of the rungs on the up ramp had fallen off. Is anyone considering going out there this Sunday morning as I was going to Menai but everyone has pulled out on me again. I might take the 5-10 min drive out to Kentlyn on Sunday morning.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
That will never get finished, its rubbish anyway, the gap is to small. You could tripple it if not for the trees. I have been riding at kentlyn 2-3 times a week for the last 2 years so I would like to consider my self one of the regular faces, and i dont have a problem with new riders coming and building lines as long as they don't overly destroy bush land and arent making something that is going to get the council knocking at the door. The only other thing that annoys me is when something is taken out because "its to hard", we ride mountain bikes which are made for taking on adverse terain. So to all people building new lines or doing matainence please don't remove rocks, jumps and drops the tracks are already to smooth, oh and no one touch Andrews track its perfect the way it is.

Ando78

Likes Bikes
here here! and who ever removed the barrel jump (not dropping any names or shop names) we would like it put back thanks!

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
yeah i know about the barrel i have spoken to some of the guys up there and there putting a jump where it was which might be better cause that barrel was a death trap, stop bitchin,start riding

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
yeah i know about the barrel i have spoken to some of the guys up there and there putting a jump where it was which might be better cause that barrel was a death trap, stop bitchin,start riding

You're coming off as a goose with statements like that. Essentially you've taken it upon yourself to deem someone else's hard work as worthless and endorsed those who have gone and removed it without having the courtesy to consult the builders. As for "stop bitchin, start riding"...get your hand off it.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Relax fellas ... keep it constructive.

yeahyeah ... my read from some of the older heads of the area is that your crew are welcome to build, provided you don't go crazy hacking and slashing the place.

you may want to have a look at some of the stickies in trail building, as this gives you some broad do's and don'ts ... like, don't "fix" other people's work without asking.

For me, I'd appreciate your passing on to some of the fellas, not to annoy the residents ... this is what will get the placed shut down. Other then this ... thanks all round for the track work being done out there.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
I did really love the barrel jump, it is not so great at the moment with nothing but the downramp there. That said I have spoken to the builders and told them I wasn't to fazed for 2 reasons, 1 to not stirr up trouble (wow.. its out there:p) and 2 because yes alot of us did hit it very regularly and do miss it, but it was abit sketchy sometimes with the barrel rolling away and it constantly being ruined by passers by. I think a new more sustainable jump needs to replace it because at the moment it sucks, and washes a bit of speed. It needs to be made a bigger gap aswell because you have so much speed that its easy to over clear. Well enough talk maybe I should get out there and put my shovel where my mouth is.

Ando78

Likes Bikes
ye im all for that let me know and i will meet you down there to make a new jump should do this wendsday
i rode there this avo and on my first lap of the crank it track someone has put a double jump in the most shit spot and i dident see it till the last min and almost killed my self on the lander
changes like this is what im trying to stop or at least put somthing there to let peaple know of the change!
and please take all your rubbish out i filled a garbage bag full of red bull coke water and cordial bottles today and took them home to the bin its not hard peaple!:

kemmis

Likes Dirt
ye im all for that let me know and i will meet you down there to make a new jump should do this wendsday
i rode there this avo and on my first lap of the crank it track someone has put a double jump in the most shit spot and i dident see it till the last min and almost killed my self on the lander
changes like this is what im trying to stop or at least put somthing there to let peaple know of the change!
and please take all your rubbish out i filled a garbage bag full of red bull coke water and cordial bottles today and took them home to the bin its not hard peaple!:

AHAHha, You alright? Thats why I always do a half paced run first time through each ride, to check the tracks.

Ando78

Likes Bikes
ye all good just wasent expecting it
i pulled the lander out couce i know the xc boys will drill themselves on it but the jump is still there to flat now

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did this some months back. Filled a shopping bag with crushed cans (remember the pile of V or whatever that was at the top of the firetrail that runs down to the creek) and plastic bottles. Had to crush everything down to get it into the bag. Luckily I took a decent size backpack with me as the bag of rubbish only just fitted into it for the ride home.
Relax fellas ... keep it constructive.
Wise words. If you didn't build it find out who did and make contact, get talking and work together. Last thing anybody wants is the whole area turning to shit because everyone is building stuff all over the place.

Peace, love and happiness,
CBG.