Wildside 2012

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, entries are now open (and filling up fast), so who’s entered, what are you riding and have you started training yet??

.stu.

Likes Dirt
I'm entered, I'll be riding my Ninety-Six, training?

What is the camping accomodation and transport support option like? I don't have a support crew at the moment, still deciding which way to go.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
i know it cant be avoided, but it would be great to get some provisional dates for the National XC series, so that one could see if it were even possible to do both.

I (and Mrs) very much want to do Wildside, but the National XC series is likely to have a round 'around' the dates, so we cant take a risk.
Doh!

(p.s. this is not a 'go' at MTBA, or the process, or even the fact that there are a lot of races and clashes cant be avoided - people do get their panties in a bunch about this sort off stuff)

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
There's a thread started in the general section on the 11-12 National season

From the bid document

1.7. Possible Hosting Dates
The dates that have been identified for the All-Mountain, Gravity and FourCross Cups are as follows.

____________AM_____DH_____4X_____Comments
December 2011
3 - 4 _____________
10 - 11 ___________________Date is UCI listed
January 2012
14 - 15_________________Gravity and FourCross only
21 - 22___________________Date can be UCI Listed
28 - 29____________________Gravity and FourCross only
February 2012
4 - 5_____________________Date is ready to be UCI listed
11 - 12___________________Date is ready to be UCI listed
18 - 19____________________Gravity and FourCross only
March 2012
3 - 4_____________________Date is ready to be UCI listed
10 - 11___________________Date is ready to be UCI listed

Last edited:

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
There's a thread started in the general section on the 11-12 National season

From the bid document

1.7. Possible Hosting Dates
The dates that have been identified for the All-Mountain, Gravity and FourCross Cups are as follows.

____________AM_____DH_____4X_____Comments
December 2011
3 - 4 _____________
10 - 11 ___________________Date is UCI listed
January 2012
14 - 15_________________Gravity and FourCross only
21 - 22___________________Date can be UCI Listed
28 - 29___________________Gravity and FourCross only
February 2012
4 - 5_____________________Date is ready to be UCI listed
11 - 12___________________Date is ready to be UCI listed
18 - 19___________________Gravity and FourCross only
March 2012
3 - 4_____________________Date is ready to be UCI listed
10 - 11___________________Date is ready to be UCI listed
how thoroughly splendid. Thanks so much,

JessD

Likes Dirt
For the first time in my 6 years of riding MTB, I have just hopped online with no thought for tomorrow and bloody well entered.
The Stanton's came to Forrest a few weeks back and live in Tassie, came and did a skills course with me, Charmaine offered to assist me whilst helping her husband Todd and you know what...I said YES!!!

So I am in!

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There are a couple of ticks in that table where there shouldn't be. Jan 28/29 and Feb 18/19 AREN'T available for an AM Cup Round. The comments confirm this but I just wanted to clarify. For those that don't know the AM Cup is the new title that will include XCO and an option for XCC, XCM, Super D or XC Time Trials. That means an XCO National Round will not be the same weekend as Wildside, it's likely there'll be one the week before though. Hopefully Hobart grab that and we can make a week of it in Tassie.

Last edited:

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Yep! In! taking my lovely Pivot Mach 4 of course :) support crew, ferry and all accommodation sorted and booked! Now to start training..... :D

Pussa

Likes Bikes
All entered. Looking forward to riding it on a dual suspension bike and hoping for the same dry conditions as last time. Training starts today, maybe tomorrow...

MrsH

Likes Dirt
I sat up til midnight last night to enter MrH.. Good excuse for our first family holiday since 2008!

frensham

Likes Dirt
What is the camping accomodation and transport support option like? I don't have a support crew at the moment, still deciding which way to go.

I'm in too, first time sine 2006. Riding my Giant NRS Air (again). If commuting is training then I have begun...... Looking for a top 450 position this time around.

The word on the camping support option is that the tents are huge (stand up inside type) and very comfy. Apparently lots of excellent feedback from last time. Transport is faultless.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Yup +1 and I are signed up also!!
Very excited! Logistics sorted (thanks tim!!). Riding an s-works stumpy fsr and +1 is taking her Era carbon.

One question, is the "open" category for 20-29 age group or all ages?

We're in

Stayed up last night to get straight on. Father (Veteran) . Son (U23)

This is one of the best organized and well run races in Australia ! Worth the trip from WA.

The vibe is friendly with cruising stages giving you time to talk to other competitors. Food is plentiful, fresh and a wide variety of choices.

The scenery is spectacular , Cradle Mountain to the wild west coast and beach run to Strahan.

Definitely a race to do if you have the chance. :)

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Yup +1 and I are signed up also!!
Very excited! Logistics sorted (thanks tim!!). Riding an s-works stumpy fsr and +1 is taking her Era carbon.

You have to enter your age group...therefore if you are 30 by Jan you have to enter vets. boo hoo!

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should be age groups.

Overall prize money is independent of the age categories and just based on the overall position.

The only non age based category is single speed.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I entered elite and I will be 38.
Amendment, after looking at my entry receipt, I entered WOMENS OPEN.
Yup, entered Josie into "open" but given she is 30-something, it seems we could have entered her into either "open" or "veterans"..... in the end we just put her in "open" - I am sure if it's not valid, they will let us know :)

riderideride

Likes Dirt
They will probably change you into vets as it specifically stated that you had to enter your age group. Doesnt matter for overall places, but they have sep cats for stage prizes.

justabuzz

Likes Bikes
Fitness

Hey guys,

I won't be joining this year, still feeling too new to this sport for that, but just to put it into perspective - assuming I join this event for the ride of it (I don't see myself racing) then what sort of fitness is required to enjoy the ride?

If I ride twice a week a medium difficulty track. Each time for 2-3 hours, would that do?

Thanks!
J