L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

HLC

Likes Dirt
This is one hell of a race. This last climb is going to be a killer.

I feel sorry for the sprinters. At the speed they are riding at the front the 107% rule will be very small. How many will make it through to tomorrow?
If more than 20% finish outside the cutoff time then they are all safe.

if not, IIRC 87 riders would have been cut off yesterday

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Cadel is a machine, hoping Andy will gas on the final climb after yesterday's effort. Wish frank would go away, the dudes a leach.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
I was a good race. Cadel did everything right.

Now it will be the Andy and Evans show tomorrow. Cant wait.

Rambler

Likes Dirt
Once again, the TDF proved to be compulsory viewing. Contador , like Schleck the stage before, turned the race on its head. That is the best stage of the TDF I have ever seen. 57 seconds! I hope that Aussie legend can do it! I love how Andy asked him to work on the alp while Frank had been sucking on his wheel for the past two stages. Get real! He has been unbelievably brave and has probably been the strongest rider in the race. Go Cadel! A victory is thoroughly deserved. Make some history!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
57 seconds to make up... Some recent performances against the clock

Tour de Suisse 2011
1______Fabian Cancellara (Swi)
____0:41:01
_____Andy Schleck (Lux)_________0:02:32
_____Frank Schleck (Lux)________0:03:06

Critérium du Dauphiné 2011 (Same course as tonight)
______Tony Martin (Ger)__________0:55:27
______Cadel Evans (Aus)__________0:01:20
_____Thomas Voeckler (Fra)______0:03:18

Amgen Tour of California 2011
______David Zabriskie (USA)_____ 0:30:36
_____Andy Schleck (Lux)_________0:02:15

Giro Italia
______David Millar (GBr)_________0:30:13
______Alberto Contador (Spa)____0:00:36

Paris Nice
______Tony Martin (Ger)__________0:33:24
_____Fränk Schleck (Lux)________0:02:11

Rambler

Likes Dirt
57 seconds to make up... Some recent performances against the clock

Tour de Suisse 2011
1______Fabian Cancellara (Swi)
____0:41:01
_____Andy Schleck (Lux)_________0:02:32
_____Frank Schleck (Lux)________0:03:06

Critérium du Dauphiné 2011 (Same course as tonight)
______Tony Martin (Ger)__________0:55:27
______Cadel Evans (Aus)__________0:01:20
_____Thomas Voeckler (Fra)______0:03:18

Amgen Tour of California 2011
______David Zabriskie (USA)_____ 0:30:36
_____Andy Schleck (Lux)_________0:02:15

Giro Italia
______David Millar (GBr)_________0:30:13
______Alberto Contador (Spa)____0:00:36

Paris Nice
______Tony Martin (Ger)__________0:33:24
_____Fränk Schleck (Lux)________0:02:11
The big difference is-A Schleck wasn't wearing a yellow jersey in any on these races. He is going to be super motivated and its only over 42km. Its going to be a tough ask. I reckon Frank is no danger! The worst Cadel can finish in the GC is 2nd.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What time does Cadel Evans start his ITT. I have to make an appearance at a 21st birthday in the city and the skeddadle home to make sure I see it live!

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Agree with the power of the yellow jersey, but Andy has no wheel to suck tonight. The time gap is a lot but I reckon Cadels diesel motor will be firing. He has looked pretty strong the last couple of nights and schleck looked shot last night.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What time does Cadel Evans start his ITT. I have to make an appearance at a 21st birthday in the city and the skeddadle home to make sure I see it live!
Silly question but how are you watching it?
I have foxtel with every channel and have been trying to find it but looks like theres no coverage, ridiculous! :(

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The crowds were stupid at some stages - that bloke dressed as a surgeon who tried to listen to Contador's heartbeat with a stethoscope deserved the punch in the face :p

Who knows what damage Cadel could have done on the Alpe D'Huez climb if he hadn't needed to Pied Piper the Voeckler peloton back to the lead bunch after his bike issues. Pissed off at Andy's "come on Cadel, ruin yourself catching Contador & we'll just kill you at the end" conversation. Schleck sandwich indeed.

TT tonight compulsory viewing.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cadel will be on around 12.12 am. if Cadel don't get there it's going to be close, but I'm confident on past iTT performances Cadel has the edge 30 secs - 1 min. Look how he rode in the TTT sure he'll be fatigued but so will others. This is a big moment for Aussie cycling!!! He's battled his way into contention, crunch time.