L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/SWEARING AND CAPS LOCK]

but seriously omfg omg omg

[/crappy sms talk]

I stand by my decision to leave a 21st birthday party early to come and see this live.

Now to the real fight. Can I see off Jumpers in SBS Fantasy Cycling???

peanut

Likes Dirt
Awesome to see cadel finally win this,after so many years of something not going quite right,it finally came together.
I was hoping voeckler would maintain his initial pace in the TT and get 3rd,wasn't to be, I think he deserved to get on the podium more so than frank.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahaha so true.

Now begs the question, will he be back to defend next year?
I really hope he does it again next year!

Awesome result, He absolutely smashed that time trial! Would of been the icing on the cake if he won the stage but I think he'd be high as a kite right now.

GO CADELL!!!!!!! YEH Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi haha

Rambler

Likes Dirt
The 2011 TDF was compulsory viewing. An outstanding race.The wearer of the yellow jersey is a worthy champion. Just so pleased for him after the disappointments of previous years. You certainly started fast and finished just as fast. Well done Cadel!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
BEST TOUR EVER!

I even had my fiance's family of non cyclists up at 1am screaming at the tele with me :)

So proud of Cadel. Riding with such little support for the last week and then pulling out a time trial like that is simply legendary.

My hero.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
YOU FUCKING BEAUTY!!!!!!!!! Luckily I had an awesome night out or else i'd have commited by now after missing it. Absolutely deserved it no questions asked, the amount of time he spent chasing down andy/contador all by himself was incredible. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEHHHHHHHHHH

Amazes me how many people watch it, heard he had won in the toilets at whip and everyone was going off!

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure if I love the airtime footage more or the split screen comparing Cadel and Andy going through the cobbled dog-leg. The recon of that course made the difference for Cadel. What a night! I may have shed a tear with Cuddles.

Bit miffed by Fabs, was counting on a few more points from him last night for the fantasy team. It appears Team Watsowai p/b Fredrick has had a good few days regardless though. Hopefully they can hold it to Paris.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Not sure if I love the airtime footage more or the split screen comparing Cadel and Andy going through the cobbled dog-leg. The recon of that course made the difference for Cadel. What a night! I may have shed a tear with Cuddles.
I pointed out that out to the missus. We did have a chuckle. It was like pro Vs. n00b!

Bit miffed by Fabs, was counting on a few more points from him last night for the fantasy team
Oh yeah, I forgot about the fantasy tour. I must check my points.

jackedin

Likes Dirt

Bit miffed by Fabs, was counting on a few more points from him last night for the fantasy team. It appears Team Watsowai p/b Fredrick has had a good few days regardless though. Hopefully they can hold it to Paris.
Yeah chasing you down but I think you have a winning lead.
SBS have been a bit off on the fantasy teams for the last couple of days. And who could blame them I was more interested in the racing .
It may come down to what you had picked at the start.

But back to the real glory "YELLED FOR CADEL.
He has been from the start the one who has been at the front and prepared to do it when it mattered.
And really shows that you have to ride all the stages and not just be good in the mountains.
BMC have been fantastic the boys have ridden to get him where he needed to be every time.
And he was prepared to ride his race and take control as you have to.
The racing this year has been stellar and comes with great promise. The young ones coming through show real talent.
So I think its time to sit back and bask in the glory and have a drink to Cadel.
How much will this do for Australian cycling.