2012 Products Thread

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Well it says they will?

Who knows though. Bit like the promising showing of new Ritchey frames, but 29" only..WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
What frame manufacturer is making them? I'm so keen. Hmmm 26 or 29? Hmmm.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Straitline AMP pedals

The AMP looks a fair ammount like the new Spank pedals. Not keen on the bushings that the Straightlines used, hopefully they've fixed that up.
I found this on the pedal.
They’re claiming roughly 335 grams with steel axle and pins and roughly 300g with a ti axle option.
The pedals use the same bearing and axle styles as Straitline’s standard Platform Pedals. Straitline says they are marketing them as an all-mountain pedal, but they can take the abuse of a downhill pedal.

Last edited:

HAR

Likes Bikes
Although they have a floating rear end not a faux bar single pivot. This frame IMO is a far superior design. Not sure if I prefer it to the Fusion though, I'd have to see the wheel paths, leverage curves, anti squat characteristics, chain growth, and finally, and irrelevant to suspension design but geo.
Arrrrrrr are you talking about the Polygon compared to the Mondraker as we were above, it sounds like you're comparing the Polygon and Commencal V3 to me :p

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I heard that KTM bicycles are coming to Australia in 2012 :D
I recently was in Austria riding Leogang, every single person rides KTM over there in the cities, its like the most popular rec bike brand out but i was surprised at how big it was!

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Nukeproof are bringing out a range of protective gear pretty soon. The body armour has me interested:

http://www.southerndownhill.com/news/press-releases/nukeproof-critical-armour.html

Nukeproof said:
Developed in conjunction with the ChainReactionCycles.com/Nukeproof downhill and 4X team our Leatt Brace-compatible jacket has been designed to perform at the highest level of gravity competition.

We’ve used SaS-Tec protection foam on all impact areas for maximum energy absorption and impact protection, combined with a removable back protector plate. The SaS-Tec foam adapts ergonomically to your body, absorbs 50% more impact energy and is 60% lighter than traditional hard-shell protectors.

The breathable, wicking base layer has sublimated Nuke Proof graphics and has vented areas to keep you cool when the going gets rough.

Adjustable Velcro strap closures and an ergonomic design makes this one of the most comfortable jackets on the market.
A lightweight foam (not hard plate) armour that is Leatt compatible? Yes please!

Ivan

Eats Squid
It looks like the Ancillotti uses a custom chainguide, which has always been an issue with that suspension design.

I'm sure it rides great though.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Nukeproof are bringing out a range of protective gear pretty soon. The body armour has me interested:

A lightweight foam (not hard plate) armour that is Leatt compatible? Yes please!
+1 It looks like you can remove the arms on it as well to just protect the core which is a great addition.
I was looking at poc and 661 for core savers but 661s hard spine protector isnt ideal for movement and poc is not compatible with leat braces. This nukeproof gear looks promising to be my next investment in body armor. As long as the spine does the job equal to a hard plate, ill be running that at a few races next year. :)

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder how high that BB is? I'm guessing uninterrupted seat-tube (Fit a full length post/comfy saddle) and travel adjust forks and that would be a pretty sweet play bike!