Your claims to fame

iStu

Likes Dirt
My house was on TV, by the infrared signal thing from the chopper above. Some stupid bitch tried to run away from the cops after crashing into the corner of our street, decided to run into our property and climb our tree :p (picture a fat 30 year old lady in a mini-skirt) well thats what it actually was :mad:, this was like around 12 o'clock at night. (car was full of drugs)

bazza

look at me
living in townsville means i don't have many claim to fames. i thought doing a science experiment in grade 7 at primary school with dr karl was pretty sweet though. i also did parkways and prom queens NQ tours and put them up in my house for a few days to enjoy the tropics. watched pwd write new songs and ed tease kevin about his love for jesus. both tours made quiet acceptable $$$'s as well :).

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
I think stand-up has to be one of the coolest and most scary things anyone can do... its obscene, stand in front of people and make them laugh. Hope it goes well.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

every morning i walk my dog at the beach with actor, writer and director Bob Franklin (was recently in ABC's Librarians comedy series, he played the crim)

he's got a sick German Shorthaired Pointer, pretty nice guy too (because he doesn't mind my insane puppy jumping at him every day)
Fuck yeah.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Y'know, I gotta say, that's one of the most annoying things I hear.

Standup isn't all one liners, there's a lot more to it than that, so when people turn around and say "Tell us a joke!", it's kind of annoying because not only are these people never in a comedy club when they ask me (it's an atmospehere thing...), but they never get that Stand Up is a 5/10/15/20 minute set not a 2 second cheap shot.

Sorry for incomprehensibly ranting, but it's late (early?) and I'm running on empty here.
I'm quite happy reading a 5 minute joke..

I was just being stupid really, pardon me.

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
I'm quite happy reading a 5 minute joke..

I was just being stupid really, pardon me.
Yeah I know, sorry for ranting.

I'm trying to get some footage on the youtube machine, however the only footage I have is of me bombing reaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy hard.

Oh well.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm trying to get some footage on the youtube machine, however the only footage I have is of me bombing reaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy hard.
That must be painful to watch!!! You are crazy!

Isn't that always the way though... the other day watched one of my favourite comedians Mitch Hedberg's Comedy Central special and he just can't get anything going on it and that's his only real proshot footage.

ripley

Squid
I know the head design director for Win T.V. (channel 9) and my dad surfed with Kelly Slater at Winkie Pop around Easter a few years ago. My guitar teacher was in the Hells Angels band and was pictured an Ibanez endorsee poster. I could probably think of more but I'm tired right now.

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
i'm related to the guy who signed King Charles the firsts death warrant hanging thing, whatever it was, he was the one who said he could be killed.
Evidence... we dug it up through heaps of books and geneologists and stuff, ill see if i can find something

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im decendent of the Irish throne.

Stu, everytime i take a dump now, i will think of you and your great ancestors

GeoffRidesBikes

Likes Dirt
That must be painful to watch!!! You are crazy!

Isn't that always the way though... the other day watched one of my favourite comedians Mitch Hedberg's Comedy Central special and he just can't get anything going on it and that's his only real proshot footage.
Not really. It's an awesome learning curve.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
I had 'relations' with this chick prior to some very famous Australian athlete. Wish I could mention who, you would all fall over!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I had 'relations' with this chick prior to some very famous Australian athlete. Wish I could mention who, you would all fall over!
There's a bit of ambiguity in that sentence NeBoS ;)
1) I had 'relations' with this chick prior to some very famous Australian athlete coming into the world.
2) I had 'relations' with this chick prior to her becoming a very famous Australian athlete.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
My lame claims.

I met Rowena Fry at the nationals a few years back and hung out with her for the day. Coolest chick ever.

I met Tom Cruise on the beach at Ocean Shores. Just him and me the only two on the beach. Just said G'day as he walked past and he said the same back. That's it.

I also was lucky enough to co-write 14 songs with Charlie Owen (Divinyls, Tex Don & Charlie) for a theater production, and even had a jam with BB King when I was about 14. Didn't realise how lucky I was at the time though.

I sharehoused with Alex Gray ( http://www.alexgrey.com/ )for a while in Mullum/Mainarm, and lived with the band members from The Mavis's, and the guys from damaged (not very famous I know). But anyone who knows Aussie metal will know who I mean. Used to hang out with Bill Chambers when he came to town and jam a bit on the guitar (Kaceys Dad), lovely bloke, and a great singer.
And the guitarist from Tripod stole my guitar tuner. Asshole.

Did some gigs with/got pissed and partied with Boom Crash Opera, Cog, The Choirboys, The Tea Party, Horsehead, The Whitlams and some other bands who I can't think of right now. Tim from the Whitlams is a drunkard dickhead by the way. Their guitar tech told me not to look at him or he'll freak out. He hated being looked at. Then he took our rider of wine and locked us out of OUR green room and sat in there and drank it with a couple of his mates. When he exited the room all I could do was LOOK HIM IN THE EYES. It did nothing! Oh well....

And when I lived in Sydney I almost ran over Richard Wilkins on my bike when he stepped out onto the road right in front of me.

And I once went and sat in the studio audience of Wheel Of Fortune and got to scream "Top Dollar"! as my mate lost on the first round. Not really a claim though hahaha.

Oh, and I met Tony Hawk when I was about 12 and nearly wet my pants.

Last edited: