Ourimbah’s first All Mountain race 6 November 2011 - RESULTS ARE UP

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
never mind, just a numpty who didn't think to check the website.

Last edited:

T-Rex

Template denier
Boring but important stuff - please read

You must have a licence to participate, either MTBA or day licence. We won’t be doing paper club memberships/MTBA on the day, so if you want to join CCOMTB, thank you, and please do so on the MTBA web site prior to race day. Print your receipt and bring it with you. Bring your MTBA licence, or a copy of your receipt, or you can buy a day licence on the day. Don’t tell us you left your MTBA licence at home. We won’t take your word for it. If you need a day licence, we will have a separate desk set up near rego, just for day licences, you will need to get your licence sorted prior to registering and getting your race number.

The Serious Grading Guide: C grade is for trail riders, once a year racers and really unfit DH racers. B grade is for anyone with even modest XC or DH racing experience, and U17 and U19 juniors, and most Masters DH racers (we know who you are.......). A grade is for experienced DH or XC racers. U15 is for anyone who will be 14 or under on 31 December 2011. Be ready to nominate your grade at rego, and we reserve the right to over ride your nomination if we think you are sandbagging.

If you want to ride to the start, you can ride from rego via Jurassic Park to the DH finish, then the return loop to the DH start will be well sign posted. You can also ride to the finish via the DH return fire road, which is shorter but not as nice as Jurassic Park. Riding up the shuttle road is not recommended, but it's a public road, so we can't ban you from riding on it.

You can “section” the race track DH style by pushing back up the track or next to it provided you do this safely, or riding up parts of the return road. DO NOT RIDE UP THE RACE TRACK IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

The start is at the DH start, and the finish is near the DH finish, but the track only uses parts of the DH track near the start. The start list will be in number order, which is registration order. So if you want to start early in your group, register early. Start time is per start list, with 15 second separation. You will need to queue in number order. Start time for the first A grade rider will be 12 noon for the first run, with the second run starting at 2.

Shuttles are available, but you can also ride up the return loop, which will be quicker than queueing for the shuttle. The ride to the top is about 2KM. Stick to the return track, and be careful at the points where the return track crosses the race track. It’s your responsibility to be at the start on time, telling us the shuttle queue was too long won’t work. If you miss your start time, you can still race, but you must go through the start gate, if you cut the track lower down you will be classified as DNS.

XC passing rules apply. The rider in front has right of way, but must get out of the way immediately when requested to do so by following rider. The passing rider should yell out “track please” or “rider” on approaching the leading rider.

No contact is allowed between riders on the track. It’s not a 4X race.

Take PLENTY of water, there is no water on site, and it's going to be hot, forecast is 30 degrees for race day. A Camelback strongly recommended. Sunscreen also recommended.

We are planning for 100 riders. If we get many more, we reserve the right to have only one race run, but if we do this we will start the race at 1pm, so you get a bit more practice and riding in.

T-Rex

Template denier
track location

Hey hey people, would any one be able to give me a street address for the the race? never been to Ourimbah state forest before, got no idea of were it is hahahaha.

Just the general gathering point etc would be great. Cheers all!
Track location

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=red+hill+rd+wyong+creek&hl=en&ll=-33.276099,151.378169&spn=0.010566,0.026071&sll=-33.796923,150.922433&sspn=1.344356,3.337097&vpsrc=6&hnear=Red+Hill+Forest+Rd,+Ourimbah+New+South+Wales+2258&t=m&z=16

Red Hill Forest Rd Wyong Creek. Rego is about 400m up the dirt road, from the Yarramalong Rd turn off.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Dammit, I really like the look of this. I'm too fat to XC and too wussy to DH. This format could see me pushing the boundaries of mid pack.

Can't do this race, very keen for future ones though. Good luck all. Glad to hear there are good numbers already.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
What helmets are people thinking of wearing?

Full face or regular?

I'm undecided.... Might chuck both in the car just in case

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Wes/TRUCK

Likes Dirt
Would love to be doing this but otherwise committed.As for helmets I think a full face might be a bit much as they say no jumps.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
planets haven't aligned for this one, just finshed night shift, knackered

shame 'cos apart from it having the potential to be a great event i'd also like to see one of these-
..16Mega pickle ...
i imagine just a single mega pickle would be a site to behold, but a 16 mega pickle must be out of this world!! ;-)

BM Epic

Eats Squid
planets haven't aligned for this one, just finshed night shift, knackered

shame 'cos apart from it having the potential to be a great event i'd also like to see one of these-

i imagine just a single mega pickle would be a site to behold, but a 16 mega pickle must be out of this world!! ;-)

Last night must have been fantastic A??..went to Lazo yesterday, it was the best i have ever seen it, also went over to Terrace Falls and the old DH trail, wow was it fun, 36's just had a ball!

driftmonkey

Likes Bikes
what a day! absolutly spent but the most fun i have had racing a bike ever and almost the best day on the bike ever.
thanks to ccomtb for oganising the event and the shuttles. cant wait till the next one. congrats

ronster44

Likes Dirt
It was a top day!!! chasing dreggsy on my second lap was fun!!!! well run and ya got to love shuttles:clap2:

dukemasterpro

Likes Dirt
Cheers to all involved with the AM race today, great concept - love to see it again ( maybe on a cooler day!! ). Will the results be listed on rotorburn, only got to see run 1 time - the beach was calling!

turkey

Likes Bikes
Yep, that was grand!!!! Will be up for more of that.
Didn't we all get smoked by the cross country dude! Hats off to him,
Looking forward to the series next year, woo hoo!!