Ourimbah’s first All Mountain race 6 November 2011 - RESULTS ARE UP

Smitsone

Likes Bikes
I thought I recognised Roller Coster in the helemet cam footage, did the course take part of the old downhill track to fiveways and then the Jelly leg climb to the top of roller coasterv ?

muvro

Likes Dirt
Is it possible that someone could put up a map of the ourimbah Xc loop, then draw in this track, so we can see exactly where it was. I'm real keen for the next one. :)

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Is it possible that someone could put up a map of the ourimbah Xc loop, then draw in this track, so we can see exactly where it was. I'm real keen for the next one. :)
This might work, There's a new bit of track that avoided the Jelly Leg Climb (I guess they didn't want any fat DHers having a heart attack ;) )

T-Rex

Template denier
This might work, There's a new bit of track that avoided the Jelly Leg Climb (I guess they didn't want any fat DHers having a heart attack ;) )
Not really an issue.....

....most of us carry our own defibrilators.

Nice map BTW.

So if I can summarise the feedback in this thread:

1. Track was good
2. Best of two runs format was good (given the number of flats)
3. We need more categories eg masters
4. We need to separate the Women's and Mens classes (this came in to me via text and in the pits afterwards)
5. Shuttles were worthwhile
6. We need better communication/chasing people to get to the start in time for their run.
7. (Not mentioned in feedback) We need more helpers. This race took more than double the number of helpers compared to a DH race, and we still didn't have enough. It took three of us all day Saturday to set up as well, plus a few ring ins in the afternoon. We will be looking for more assistance for the next one.
8. Have I missed anything?

Last edited:

turkey

Likes Bikes
Hi, my bit on the format,

When it's hot, get it done and dusted earlier.

Possibly, in summer, a morning series, first shuttle at 8am, two runs
Compulsory, then 2 race runs all rapping up before 12pm.

Makes it easier for those of us with families, and
The HEAT....

Think the format will be a great success.

O, with the track, it can never be wrong, a different track
Every race can work, variety is fun and challenging!!

My 2 cents

Feedback

Thanks CCOMTBC for putting the event on, and good on you for trying something new. Maybe in a few years time we can all brag about being at the first one in NSW. The track was perfect too.

[/QUOTE]8. Have I missed anything?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have really missed anything. With the 15 sec gaps i think it would be possible to wrap it up early. I'm sure you could delegate some jobs to club members at the sign on for after the race. eg. packing up the BBQ, tents, tables etc. - things that could be done after the presentation.

sensai_miagi

Likes Bikes
great work

So if I can summarise the feedback in this thread:

1. Track was good. Yep, fantastic, an excellent portrayal of AM riding.
2. Best of two runs format was good (given the number of flats). Yep, fantastic. I came off on my first run and limped home then was happy with 2nd run.
3. We need more categories eg masters
4. We need to separate the Women's and Mens classes (this came in to me via text and in the pits afterwards)
5. Shuttles were worthwhile. Yep, all-time; allowed more practice and fresher race runs.
6. We need better communication/chasing people to get to the start in time for their run. Whatever, I think most people got the idea or at least will certainly know for next time.
7. (Not mentioned in feedback) We need more helpers. This race took more than double the number of helpers compared to a DH race, and we still didn't have enough. It took three of us all day Saturday to set up as well, plus a few ring ins in the afternoon. We will be looking for more assistance for the next one. Yeah, I would like to think you shouldn't have a hard time finding people willing to lend a hand, especially post-race. Just put the cal out.
8. Have I missed anything? I don't think I agree with post above asking to cram the event into one morning; I for one enjoyed making a day of it and wouldn't change the schedule at all.
thanks for the good times

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1. Track was good track was fantastic, I think it covered every aspect of riding
2. Best of two runs format was good (given the number of flats) def need 2 runs / 2 compuslory practice with stickers to prove this
3. We need more categories eg masters yes
4. We need to separate the Women's and Mens classes (this came in to me via text and in the pits afterwards) correct even though they probably beat me
5. Shuttles were worthwhile fact
6. We need better communication/chasing people to get to the start in time for their run. yes
7. (Not mentioned in feedback) We need more helpers. This race took more than double the number of helpers compared to a DH race, and we still didn't have enough. It took three of us all day Saturday to set up as well, plus a few ring ins in the afternoon. We will be looking for more assistance for the next one.
Put the call out while people are waiting for presentation, to help fold up tents etc, i'm sure we wont mind as its in the car park anyway
8. Have I missed anything? not that i can think of

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Would it be possible to announce what the podium placed riders rode as well. Would be interesting to see over time what bikes are the most suited to the course.

leeroy_83

Likes Bikes
After reading about this event in AMB sounts exactly like the sort of racing I'd like to get into (after 10 years + away from bikes) Is there any news on events in 2012?

Cheers.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How easy is it to find the all mountain track used or the race? As I would mind having a ride on it?

I now it started on the Dh track down to bk express and then onto the fire road but no idea from there. Did it go to five way and join the xc trail up jelly leg climb and down roller coaster?