Official kentlyn thread

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DT's,

Thanks for the photos.

Haven't had a chance to get out there and have a look yet. They really did a job on busting it all up.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Damage

The XC stuff is okay. Ran on The Rock Trail Friday and another 6km loop and all is good.

The damage to the Downhill stuff wouldn't have been the Council as they would then be liable

for injuries as they contributed to the accident by not removing the timber.

If I catch the Terrorist of the Downhill ( shore ) work, I'll use some of the timber to build him a cross after I'm finished with him.

I don't even ride Downhill but it is a completely stupid act.

I've been riding and running at Kentlyn since 1995 and have come accross 1 bushwalker in that area, so why is it a problem?

This is a sick person, but he had better be aware, there are some angry Bikers out there and we are all fairly fit.

DT's

Likes Bikes
The XC stuff is okay. Ran on The Rock Trail Friday and another 6km loop and all is good.

The damage to the Downhill stuff wouldn't have been the Council as they would then be liable

If I catch the Terrorist of the Downhill ( shore ) work, I'll use some of the timber to build him a cross after I'm finished with him.

I've been riding and running at Kentlyn since 1995 and have come accross 1 bushwalker in that area, so why is it a problem?

This is a sick person, but he had better be aware, there are some angry Bikers out there and we are all fairly fit.
I dont know what to think any more. My first reaction was that it couldnt have been the council due to liabilities but then reports have said otherwise. I dont ride that stuff much either except for the crank it run.
BTW the drain pipe at the start of the xc track was getting a work out and doing its job today.

Newts

Likes Dirt

Same details as yourself DT's about council..I have heard that they ripped it down just before the planned backburn and then were going to have it be 'removed' with the burn.
The reason - They dont want to be liable incase of injuries - doesnt make sense as it is all on Crown land. Therefore Federal Government would be liable.

Have you noticed signs being put up to state that rebuilding is illeagal?

DT's

Likes Bikes
Same details as yourself DT's about council..I have heard that they ripped it down just before the planned backburn and then were going to have it be 'removed' with the burn.
The reason - They dont want to be liable incase of injuries - doesnt make sense as it is all on Crown land. Therefore Federal Government would be liable.

Have you noticed signs being put up to state that rebuilding is illeagal?
no didnt see the signs, where are they? I guess its better than being shut down complety.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn & Signs

I havent been out since it happened. Was checking to see if signs has been put up. Hopefully they will allow a rebuild.
At Kentlyn today twice for run & ride and all is good ( no more damage ). I think the signs mentioned were a tongue in cheek statement.

Not all of the Ramps and jumps have been vandalised but it is still bad.

Maybe a way to rebuild, is to do jumps etc with rock and dirt, as this fool can't use his bloody chainsaw on that.

If I see him out there with his chainsaw, I'll call my friend from Texas to talk to him.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
At Kentlyn today twice for run & ride and all is good ( no more damage ). I think the signs mentioned were a tongue in cheek statement.

Not all of the Ramps and jumps have been vandalised but it is still bad.

Maybe a way to rebuild, is to do jumps etc with rock and dirt, as this fool can't use his bloody chainsaw on that.

If I see him out there with his chainsaw, I'll call my friend from Texas to talk to him.
Is that you Bob ?