Mixed drinks?

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have a decent drink that can be made with Contreau?

A contractor at my work gives the wife a bottle every Christmas for putting up with them disturbing the household with late night phone calls, now we have 4 bottles just sitting there....

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Japanese Slipper:

1 part midori
1 part cointreau
1 part squeezed lime juice
Small amount of sugar syrup to taste (if preferred)

Shake briefly with ice, strain into a shallow cocktail glass. Some add a cherry for garnish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Japanese Slipper:
You forgot the sugar rim! ;) and you usually add a dash of eggwhite for texture! haha japanese slipper is a great drink
Has anyone heard of the Euro version though using tequila instead of cointreau? Im not a huge fan of rather sweet drinks and I love how this gives it a bit more bite...

Also can't go past a cointreau lime soda :)

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's that other Drambuie drink where you drop a shot into a pint glass of beer and scull? Depth Charge or something? Man people had death wishes in the 80's!

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have a decent drink that can be made with Contreau?

A contractor at my work gives the wife a bottle every Christmas for putting up with them disturbing the household with late night phone calls, now we have 4 bottles just sitting there....
If you're in for a rager, you can do skittle bombs- just like a jager bomb, but with Cointreau :clap2: I don't think many people with wives do jager bombs or the like though.

wombat

Lives in a hole
and you usually add a dash of eggwhite for texture!
Being a lady of the bar, is there any notice on a menu that some drinks will have egg in them, or do you just tell people when they order?
I only ask because my brother is morbidly allergic to egg, and it never really occured to me that it could be a worry in cocktails.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow that's not good! To cover my butt, I'd say, ask everytime. But anything with 'Sour' in the name is usually a 50.50 chance.
I know our cocktail menu lists it, but considering the reaction I get when people see me add it, I'm not sure that everyone does?... going to look up a couple of lists to see :)

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Rusty Nail.

1 part scotch with 1 part Drambue over the rocks.
She'll put hairs on your chest.
All time favorite drink! Need a good, smooth Scotch though, otherwise its like paint thinners.

Speaking of hairs on the chest, here is a tale:

I worked in a quiet bar in Sydney for a year and in that time I had quite a solid clientele of hard-core happy hour drinkers. A group would regularly come in, they were all maritime types and worked at the local Whitworths store. One arvo they came in and wanted to get really loose, in fact this one guy called Dan actually bet me I wouldn't be able to make him a drink that would get him trolleyed! He was a larger bloke, like 120kg and a solid drinker, so I made him a few Rusty Nails, knowing full well they would get him o his way, but he was still sober as. Meanwhile, one of the kitchen hands out the back heard what was going on and called me aside, he was like, "Make him a knock-out". Intrigued by this fittingly named drink, I ask the recipe:

In a schooner glass, pour:

30ml white rum
30ml vodka
Fill halfway with beer
Top-up with apple juice

Well I made the drink, and iDan passed-out on the spot.

The following week I had the arvo off so went into the bar for a few drinks during happy hour. I asked the bartender to make me two, after the second one I was seriously plastered, went home and passed out.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay Wombat, after some super quick research, I'm going to say most venues list it. BUT if you order a drink from a venue that doesn't have a set menu, the number one thing for him to look out for will be white foam floating on top of the drink (have a look at my Slipper) that's gunna be caused by either egg or pineapple juice, so no harm in asking anyway!

wombat

Lives in a hole
Okay Wombat, after some super quick research, I'm going to say most venues list it. BUT if you order a drink from a venue that doesn't have a set menu, the number one thing for him to look out for will be white foam floating on top of the drink (have a look at my Slipper) that's gunna be caused by either egg or pineapple juice, so no harm in asking anyway!
Cool beans.
On one hand I'm kinda hoping I'll get to see him go anaphylactic; purely so I can chuck him in the back of a car, speed to some strangers house, crash into their garden, then carry him inside, dump him on the loungeroom floor and stab the epi-pen into his heart.

On the other hand, apparently the needle on the pen is only designed to go into the leg, so I should probably just ask at the bar beforehand...

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahah I had to do a dash to the hospital with my anaphylactic housemate last year (fish allergy) was dead fuckin scary! You gotta call ambos when you epipen anyway!

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's one called a chicken fetus. It's seriously the grubbiest cocktail I've ever seen

0.25 part Bailey's Irish Cream Irish Cream
0.75 part Sambuca
1 dash Advocaat liqueur
1 dash Cherry Advocaat

Instructions:
Slowly pour the Sambuca into a glass, then slowly add Bailey's Irish Cream forming a layer. Add a dash of Cherry Advocaat, then Advocaat. Beware, it really does look like a chicken foetus (if done well).

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ewwwie ... quick question, by .025 part are you talking about overall quantity or standard measure?

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ewwwie ... quick question, by .025 part are you talking about overall quantity or standard measure?
Not sure. I've never tried to make one. I've had one before but didn't pay much attention cause I was already hammered. All j can remember is it came in a shot glass and was hell tasty.