Post your 29er!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
heavy shipping suggests south of Sydney or southern sydney beaches. Dont get that moss at Avalon and the seagull in the bottom corner is diffinetly from the Southern Beaches flock.

Grant19

Squid
Port Mac

His got a Gordon St cycles bottle on it I'm guessing flynns beach.... And it's that English dude with a new sponsor and going all gay with a power meter

tommy gun

Likes Dirt
China Build $?

hey mate how much did it cost to put together?
Tom

2011 Avanti K.I.S.S. 29

Frame: ADT 4130 Cr-Mo with Eccentric BB & Suspension-compatible Geometry
Fork: White Brothers Magic 100
Brake Levers: Avid Juicy 3 Hydraulic Disc (being replaced with Elixir 3's from my Trek Remedy soon)
Crankset: Truvativ Firex 1.1G 32T & 34T Surly cogs
Brakes: Avid Juicy 3 Hydraulic Disc (being replaced with Elixir 3's and 185mm rotors)
Hubs: Joytech Alloy Sealed Bearing QR Front, Joytech Alloy Sealed Bearing Single-speed Cassette QR Rear
Cassette: 16T & 18T sprockets
Handlebar: Zero Strike Pro Alloy Riser 31.8mm
Grips: Jet Black foam grips
Handlebar Stem: Zero Strike Pro Alloy Ahead 31.8mm
Pedals: Victor VP-565
Rims/Wheel Set: Alex SD-24 Double-wall Alloy 32H
Spokes: DT Swiss Champion Stainless Steel
Tyres: Kenda Karma 29 x 1.9" Folding with Superlite Tubes
Saddle: Zero Zealth
Seat Post: Zero Strike Pro 27.2mm
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Giga-X Pipe with Eccentric Chain Tensioner
Headset: Alloy Aheadset 1-1/8"
Chain: KMC Z-82

LTK023 Chiner 29

Frame: 20 inch LTK-023 carbonfibre
Fork: Fox 32 F29 FIT RLC
Brake Levers: Elixir CR
Crankset: 2012 X0
Brakes: Elixir CR, 185mm rotors F & R
Hubs: Sun Ringle Charger Pro Alloy
Cassette: 11-36T PG1050
Handlebar: LTK carbon
Grips: Jet Black foam grips
Handlebar Stem: TBD
Pedals: TBD
Rims/Wheel Set: Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29
Spokes: 28 Wheelsmith straight pull, double butted spokes
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.4F, 2.25R, tubeless
Saddle: Zero Zealth
Seat Post: Zero Strike Pro 27.2mm
Bottom Bracket: Truvative BB30
Headset: ... Not sure
Chain: Avid

ssjgogeta

Likes Dirt
Santa Cruz Tallboy

Frame: Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon 2011 - Size XL (VPP 100mm Travel)

Shock: 2011 Fox RP23 Boost Valve

Headset: Chris King Inset - 1.5 Tapered

Fork: 2011 Fox 32 Talas 29 (120mm/95mm) - 15QR Tapered

Shifters: SRAM X0 10sp (2x10) Triggers

Brakes: Shimano XTR M988 Trail (F 160mm / R 160mm)

Cranks: SRAM X0 175mm (39/26)

Cassette: SRAM X0 (11-36)

Chain: SRAM PC1091R - Hollow Pin

Front Derailleur: SRAM XO

Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX

Pedals: Shimano XTR PD-M980 Race

Seatpost: Thomson Elite 410mm - Zero Offset

Seat: WTB Pure V Team

Stem: Thomson X4 120mm - 0 Degree

Bars: Enve Carbon Riser - 700mm

Grips: Ritchey WCS Foam Ergo (Reversed)

Wheels: Easton Haven Carbon 29er (XTR M970 Rear Skewer)

Tyres: Maxxis Ignitor 29 EXO - Tubeless w/Stans

Weight: 11.6Kg

DSCN1518.jpgDSCN1519.jpgDSCN1520.jpgDSCN1521.jpgDSCN1522.jpgDSCN1524.jpgDSCN1525.jpgDSCN1526.jpgDSCN1527.jpgDSCN1529.jpgDSCN1530.jpg

Last edited:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Lukespook, now that is interesting. Comments on the Alfine hub? I have always thought that a good quality hub gear could be the way to go for MTB.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Nice tallboy. XL frame and your saddle is all the way up there!! Looks like a 4 inch saddle to bar drop.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Wow - very nice Tallboy. Damn those wheels look good. If only they'd drop in price a bit more.. somewhere closer to $1.5k and i'd probably snap them up. $2.5k is still just a tad too much for me :(

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agree with Hugor.
Awesome looking bike but I reckon you could have done with the XXL given the amount of seatpost and spacers you are running.
How tall are you?

Lukespook

Likes Bikes
Lukespook, now that is interesting. Comments on the Alfine hub? I have always thought that a good quality hub gear could be the way to go for MTB.
As for the Alfine, you need to accept it only has limited range of 8 gears - but it does have 7 more gears than a Single Speed. The 11 speed version has had some issues, is more expensive and does not have the twist shifter option that I use with my 8 speed - twist shifter is great for grabbing a bunch of gears even whilst barely moving.
I found the 8 speed internal hub great in wet/muddy conditions - knocked off heaps of time in my last race, whilst many other competitors were having problems with their derailleurs.
I have had another Alfine hub on a 26in bike that has been very reliable and have not done any maintenance on it, other than cleaning and lubing the chain, chainring and sprocket.
:single_eye:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
As for the Alfine, you need to accept it only has limited range of 8 gears - but it does have 7 more gears than a Single Speed. The 11 speed version has had some issues, is more expensive and does not have the twist shifter option that I use with my 8 speed - twist shifter is great for grabbing a bunch of gears even whilst barely moving.
I found the 8 speed internal hub great in wet/muddy conditions - knocked off heaps of time in my last race, whilst many other competitors were having problems with their derailleurs.
I have had another Alfine hub on a 26in bike that has been very reliable and have not done any maintenance on it, other than cleaning and lubing the chain, chainring and sprocket.
:single_eye:
Thanks for sharing that. Is the range similar to running 1 x 9 for example, or is it a bigger range with larger gaps between gears? Do you change the rear sprocket at all? Hope you don't mind the questions, but I HATE stuffing round with derailleurs, this has always appealed as a nice, neat solution, but needs a bit of an outlay up front to set up. Cheers!!