What do downhillers do for a living?

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
Electro-tech...hoping to do electro-mech some day. I get paid to make things work, and get the blame if they don't.

I wanna go to uni and do mech eng'g but haven't got the $$$$$ to finance and sustain the study...

MB

Intense Australia
This is a really interesting mix of people we see here... I would almost tip that a great deal of tradies that ride DH aren't the forum posting type of person and could outweigh the professionals if they actually posted up their professions. There is also way less shop staff posting up here as well.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Lucky enough to?
Ive worked in it, and its no dream job for me.
retail isn't for everyone, Lord knows i've been stuck with plenty of retail work myself. but the advantage is, you get most of your bike stuff at cost or a little more, you work with like-minded peeps, you get to see customers from walks of bikin' life and here and there, help people along.

there seems to be a great cross-section of the work/study populace here, and that makes for some very interesting discussions. LTIL about RB.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Ivan, that would be a fitter and turner in the army, they "fit" perfectly good food into pots and turn it into shit!

Me, up until a few weeks ago I was an IT manger, now I'm an IT consultant.

Last edited:

Binaural

Eats Squid
Senior project engineer /manager. I do lots of work on custom-designed machines with a particular focus on their control systems.

Daisy69

Likes Bikes
Possibly one of the lowest payed qualified fitter and turners. Looking for work actually, fork lift driver maybe ? Mines if anyone knows a guy lol.

heavyp

You heard it here first
I was a freelance surf photographer but am now a photographers assistant (this does not involve making coffee)

Last edited: