The stupid questions thread.

How long is too long for my bike to be upside down? Will leaving it upside down for too long do damage to forks, brakes and anything else with fluid in it?

It currently resides in my bedroom and, instead of leaning it against a wall, I have it upside down so it won't do any damage. Will it be fine until I can get it home and into a secure shed?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I've been told as long as you don't have it upside down for like six months straight or something, you're good.

0psi

Eats Squid
How long is too long for my bike to be upside down? Will leaving it upside down for too long do damage to forks, brakes and anything else with fluid in it?

It currently resides in my bedroom and, instead of leaning it against a wall, I have it upside down so it won't do any damage. Will it be fine until I can get it home and into a secure shed?
Depends on the parts. Old Rock Shox forks had shite top cap O-rings and would start leaking after about 2 weeks.

I personally wouldn't leave a bike upside down for more than a month.

I've been told as long as you don't have it upside down for like six months straight or something, you're good.
Depends on the parts. Old Rock Shox forks had shite top cap O-rings and would start leaking after about 2 weeks.

I personally wouldn't leave a bike upside down for more than a month.
Sweet. I wouldn't be left any longer than a week I would think. I just thought I should make sure before I went and put myself out of pocket. Further than a couple of days up at Buller did, anyway.

Thanks fellas!

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why are people finding it so hard to fathom that you can get just as much horsepower out of a diesel engine as you can a petrol engine?

Bermshot

Banned
Who has been to Dubbo Gaol and seen two round pieces of leather that are reminiscent of Table Tennis paddles? What are they?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've forgotten my Rotorburn password, and the email address I used to register has not been used in 7 years or so.

How do I change my password?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
:help: this is not a rhetorical question. i need ideas, guys and gals! :help:

i've found this gorgeous old house, built between 1890 and 1910, devoid now of most of the land it once sat on and being used and abused as a rental. the OH loves it too, but we're $75,000 short on our borrowing capacity.

this house is perfect for running a home business from, i'm struggling to get ordinary work and i'm not prepared to spend $250 to $400 a week renting commercial premises to work from. by the way, that would be for a single workroom, not a whole office.

this house has a floorplan that would work perfectly for me, a second bathroom/toilet that will be fine once spruced up, a spare room for my stepson now we might finally get access visits (his mother has been, shall we say, less than co-operative?) enough room to make an attractive edible garden as i do, and is right in the spot that would make using it as a home office feasible. a lot of what needs doing to is is simply paint and elbow grease, aside from the kitchen which is a bit of a mess. i could have the workroom and entranceway up and running in a fortnight or less.

how do i find $75,000 till i can sell my property in Coffs?

i've pitched a deal to the vendor and will be firming that up this Saturday, that i put up a deposit and we rent the house till mine sells. is there any other way i can swing this deal?

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
See about getting the price reduced, even just a little bit will help. Maybe see if you can remortgage or something? I've no idea on massive financial stuff like that though.

If I was the guy that owns the house, I'd be stoked with what you're offering I reckon.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
We're $75,000 short on our borrowing capacity.
Did the bank tell you that or you worked it out using their impersonal online calculator? Would definitely be worth talking or meeting with the bank to discuss any options they can offer you, seeing as you're such a loyal customer, etc.

Otherwise, I think your 'put down the deposit and rent til your house sells' plan is good if they're happy with that. Get any contracts done by a lawyer though, obviously.

Has anyone got a download link, or can upload, a copy of the Vicroads Hazard Perception Test demo? I've looked everywhere online and it's nowhere to be found, not even on their website. I booked in today to do it tomorrow arvo, but everyone keeps telling me to do the examples beforehand, which is kinda hard when you can't find them. I'm not too fussed if I don't do them, how hard can it be? But I'd like to at the very least have a look at what I'm in for.