Thread for CLYDESDALE/ TALL riders

uzzi

Likes Bikes
198cm 95kg, 2010 Large Intense Uzzi, short stem , 800mm wide bars - gives me far more stability, anything shorter I feel cramped up

6'4 and 110kgs here. Ride a Trance x1 XL, pretty much stock. Ridden it on everything incl European black DH runs (definitely out of bike's comfort zone)

Broken a number of parts:
- 2x Top out spring in Fox forks (F120 RLC)
- Rails of Fizik Gobi XM saddle
- 3x Rear hub on Shimano XT wheels
- Countless spokes on rear wheel (really need to replace)
- Blown out Rp23 shock

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
6'4... trying to decide between XL or XXL tallboy LTc.

Anyone know which one I should go for?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Big JD

Wheel size expert
had it all wrong

i realised that i have taken it all too far. amazing when you go through the measurements again - starting with seat height and position/relation to pedal and then stem length. i just dont know why am keep moving to a more stretched out position - it is ok at over 40yrs to be more upright

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
I don't use those type of extenders, but I do have two washers between the pedal and the crank arm, gives me about 4mm of spacing (not enough to require a legit pedal extender). It's enough to stop my knee problems.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
I'm 6'5" and just ordered a SC Highball XXL. ETT is 26mm longer than my XL FS, so looking forward to making a comparison and being able to run a 70mm-ish stem instead of 90-100mm.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
That is Darren's own bike, he is about 6'1-2". Why do you say the owner is tall (what are the tell tale signs from the pic?).

FS bike is a compromise made to be comfortable going up hills, down hills and on the flats (helped by dropper post and Talas). New SC will be a XC bike with more emphasis on single type terrain (i.e smaller hills, up and down like Buxton etc).

You are right though, custom is the way to go if you 100% know what you want and where and how you will ride it.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I'm 6'5" and just ordered a SC Highball XXL. ETT is 26mm longer than my XL FS, so looking forward to making a comparison and being able to run a 70mm-ish stem instead of 90-100mm.
looks great mate - post a pic in here as well.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Will do John. Frame has to come from the U.S I've been told (after paying for it!), should've just bought one from competitive cyclist for 60% of the price... I'd be riding by now.

Last edited:

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Any tall guys ride transition?

How do their short top tubes fit for you?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
What are you heavier guy running prussure wise in your shocks? I've got a drcv shock on my remedy and am really stuggleing to get the right amount of sag. Im 120kg.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
whats is my QF

I have one for you guys.

Being larger gentlemen, do you use pedal exenders to widen your Q factor?

http://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/store/bike-fitting-products/pedal-extenders/

I am strongly considering it. I think I am going to bite the bullet and get a full body fit too (With my new roadie).
well i will be f..ked

I thought QFactor was a Chinese Singing Show. So how do you measure your Q Factor. Is it the distance between ones thighs? Well I measured one of my testicles and multiplied by two and came up with 4 inches.............. what is my QF?

dA_bOmBbIkE

Likes Dirt
Any Clyde's found a brand/ retailer that sells jerseys that are not made as crop tops for jockeys? I'm 6"6 and skinny and have never found a jersey that fits properly

jt_

Squid
6'6 / 201cm at 81kg

Just started trying to do a few km's after a lengthy injury (9 months off the bike) on a 21" Super-fly, seems to be a decent fit from what i can tell so far.

Can't risk a fall just yet, so riding flat pedals for the moment. My problem is i cant seem to find any decent flat specific shoes that fit. Im a US 14 pushing 15.

Anyone have any suggestions, or am i stuck with trainers or skate shoes?

Thanks