Intense 951 EVO - The post that refused to be deleted...

dunndog

Eats Squid
Looking through this, Moonman has handled the unnecessary hostilities well, and heavyp, you're a fuckup.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I understand Moonman's frustration with this thread.

If you are 'helpful' enough to post the pics of the broken frames then its only fair to post the stories behind them...low act IMO.

This is the rider report on the green frame above:

"So I guess everyone has been waiting but here it is. Yep it's me< the guy with "the green frame". K so here goes. I was out doing shutle runs on a very windy day and on a new trail. The first run was great, took my time picked my lines, and mad it to the bottom without anyproblems ( as usual). Stoked to run it a bit faster I drove to the top and geared up. Second run was going great, riding smooth and fast my lines were working great until a wind gust blew me slightly off line. This trail is full of scattered rock gardens with good lines but very large rocks just off line. I was going into a rock garden with alot of speed when I realized I wasnt going to be able to hold the line I was looking for an alternate and found a large unforgiving boulder. Knowing that I was going to hit I lifted the bike, front and back, to unweight and hopefully "pop" over the thing. Well it obviously didn't work out. The rock was too big and slightly concave with a square edge on top. The front wheel stuck in without even stroking into the fork travel. With a pretty loud "stap" I went flipping over the rock and hanle bar with the bike following me as the usually do. I landed on my back with the bike on top of me, trying to push it away to avoid further injury. a few seconds later I realived that I was fine and got up to see that the "snap" sound was my frame. Thats when I started to cry, not realy but kinda. I was bumbed, my race steed was in two peices. This was the kind of wreck that you would expect somthing to break, weather it be the front wheel, entire fork, or the frame. I am not suprized that the frame broke, it was an exteamly hard hit and I'm luck I'm ok. Intense has been great and my "crash replacment" frame is in the mail and I cant wait to get back on it. This is still my favorite bike and I cant wait to rip it up at the national this year. You will also find me at the fluidride cup and the Idaho state championships (i have won the title 4 times now). Thanks Intense and for all of you haters try to beat me this year, I just told you were to find me!"http://forums.mtbr.com/intense/broken-951-a-586614-4.html

This is the story on the black frame:
"...it was 50/50'ing a 40 foot double at new zealand nats. Both of the guys who broke them are back on 951's and happy about it."http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/talk-me-out-951-a-229998/

Exactly :)

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
actually nevermind its not worth the shitfight

moonman keep your head high for the haters on the internet

heavyp

You heard it here first
Looking through this, Moonman has handled the unnecessary hostilities well, and heavyp, you're a fuckup.
Unlike you! Pretty easy to sit there with your finger up as ass swearing at people from behind a computer, do you feel tough? Pull your head in clown.

Moonman sorry for posting those pics but after seeing someone else mention the failures I had to do it, I would of done the same thing with another any other brand but I just thought it was strange to see a bike fail in pretty much exactly the same place numerous times. (There are other brands to I know)

I know all frames break/snap/fail and thats why when these companies do there testing its not just the pros that get the frames, its also your average Joe as they'll land drops/jumps flat and can be heavier on equipment etc etc.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Unlike you! Pretty easy to sit there with your finger up as ass swearing at people from behind a computer, do you feel tough? Pull your head in clown.

Moonman sorry for posting those pics but after seeing someone else mention the failures I had to do it,
mmmyeah....

ajay

Just as easy is slagging off the brand, then posting a heap of photos of snapped frames - hoping to achieve exactly what?
What you should've done, was posted a pic of the 951 that you snapped then told us what you were doing when you snapped it.

Also, Dundogg isn't trying to be tough, just calling it as he sees it.

A bit of humility goes a long way.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Just as easy is slagging off the brand, then posting a heap of photos of snapped frames - hoping to achieve exactly what?
What you should've done, was posted a pic of the 951 that you snapped then told us what you were doing when you snapped it.

Also, Dundogg isn't trying to be tough, just calling it as he sees it.

A bit of humility goes a long way.
I would of if I bought one, I liked the look and the sound of the 951 and when they came out I considered it, but like most things I'd rather sit back and let others find the faults/bugs first ( be it bikes/phones/camera most things really, the Boeing 747 didn't become reliable and reach legendary status until a few fell out the sky and they started to realised what the issues and put them right. True story by the way)

This is a forum and forums are about talking about things be it positive or negative, everything is not all rainbows and unicorns ya know.

I like to think I'm a realist, I'll say my piece whatever it's about on the net or face to face with someone.

Dunndogs not the first person to say that to me and he won't be the last I can assure you of that!

D_Nine

Always be haters, given enough time for which I don't have I could find heaps of pic's of all sorts of snapped frames. But alas too busy living my life !Pretty sure this is done.

AngryDave

Likes Bikes
Internet logic - see a picture of a snapped 951. conclusion : all intense bikes are shit.

Go ride a bike people.

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
One last Comment,

I posted a Thread about 8 months ago regarding my Uzzi that had cracks at the bottom bracket, it was quite a shock that the brand of bike that I had researched so extensively and cost me more than any other frame failed me in such a short amount of time, I was offered at he time a Socom for a grand. I have since had the frame checked by qualified technicians only to find the cracks were actually in the powder coat not the aluminium, Joy To The World. You had replied to my Thread back then and I appreciated your comments, now I need to rectify the past by saying that the Intense Brand is what it is, A Brand to be reckoned with -- something that is important and powerful and must not be ignored.
Happy Days.
I remember your post and good on you Uzzi for acknowledging the service and support you got from Intense. There are a few others around here that need to be reminded of the great CS they have been offered by Moonman and Intense - when things goes bad.

Shit happens in this game - that is a given - it is how that shit is handled that separates the good from the mediocre. It is amazing what you can sort out when things go badly with respect, ability to communicate, patience and honesty in your dealings with the brand.

HeavyP - Seriously posting pictures of broken frames without supporting information is appalling form - something I would expect from teenagers from a rival brand. Do you have any consideration for others or are just doing your best trolling - defamation. You publicly trash a brand with no supporting docs for what purpose - to highlight an issue for others - dont think so. Yet you post threads of new stuff relentlessly with good form and positive tones - just having a bad moment perhaps.

Moonman is trying to promote the brand that employes him - it is his sole responsibility to sell, service and support the company here in Australia. He is passionate about his role and proud of the service he offers - be great to see some other reps half as committed. Dont give in to these muppets MMan. Dont delete the thread - it shows people as they are in their true colours and form.

Now why are there no XL Spider 29ers - what is everyone who rides an XC 29er Intense under 6 foot tall and 85 kgs.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
The bike looks good. Despite the big wheels.
Not for me but good on 'em for trying something different.

ajay

I would of if I bought one, I liked the look and the sound of the 951 and when they came out I considered it, but like most things I'd rather sit back and let others find the faults/bugs first ( be it bikes/phones/camera most things really, the Boeing 747 didn't become reliable and reach legendary status until a few fell out the sky and they started to realised what the issues and put them right. True story by the way)

This is a forum and forums are about talking about things be it positive or negative, everything is not all rainbows and unicorns ya know.

I like to think I'm a realist, I'll say my piece whatever it's about on the net or face to face with someone.

Dunndogs not the first person to say that to me and he won't be the last I can assure you of that!

So you're happy to let everyone else do the work, find the faults etc, but be the first to post unqualified tripe as your opinion? Nice going.

That isn't being a realist, it's being voluntarily ignorant.

heavyp

You heard it here first
So you're happy to let everyone else do the work, find the faults etc, but be the first to post unqualified tripe as your opinion? Nice going.

That isn't being a realist, it's being voluntarily ignorant.
Still wasting valuable air I see, I deleted the pics and apologised. Move on I did, your just :deadhorse:

brendonj

Likes Dirt
I am not a hater. And unfair, dramatized comments can do unwarranted damage (although I think most people can see through BS and heresy).
But, the reality is that some frames have broken. I would have liked to see the company representative taking the issue a bit more seriously - acknowledge the facts - both the good and the bad.
Also I would have thought that promoting the brand in a forum without declaring one's interest is also a bit dodgy.
Maybe this is why the OP wanted it deleted. Any way, I hope Intense learn from these issues and I look forward to a more professional approach in the future.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But Brendonj, Moonman has always been clean on many threads that he is Intense in Australia. How many other brands have their main man out there in the public arena?

MARKL

Eats Squid
But Brendonj, Moonman has always been clean on many threads that he is Intense in Australia. How many other brands have their main man out there in the public arena?
+1 Andy. Moonman has always been upfront on that fact. This thread basically started Moonman/Intense giving a heads up/trying to generate a bit of interest in Intense's first bigger than 26 production DH platform. The fact that Rotorburner's have access to the level of inside info and factory support that Moonman provides is an awesome thing, I wish more manufacturers did the same. In no way did the thread deserve to be derailed by BS reposting of DH bikes that had been in major accidents and by all accounts had been resolved to the satisfaction of the owners, as others have said DH= broken stuff from time to time it is just part of the sport.

Last edited:

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
The customer service I received from Intense and Moonman was second to none, and it's becuase of this amazing customer service that my next bike will be an Intense Carbine 650B.

Loving your work Moonman keep it up!