Post your all mountain bike

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez people hate gear displays more than Justin Bieber..... Each to their own people, there isn't no right or wrong.

I do know how to work on my bike, doesn't mean I can fix the problem, also doesn't mean I haven't tried.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Geez people hate gear displays more than Justin Bieber..... Each to their own people, there isn't no right or wrong.

I do know how to work on my bike, doesn't mean I can fix the problem, also doesn't mean I haven't tried.
there's heaps of youtube videos that will help you mate, the more you understand your bike, the better the rider you will be

lb1

Likes Bikes
Shitty photo, but I picked this up today. Can finally call it my ride. Took it for a quick spin around the Youies this arvo and bloody hell, does this thing ride! so Glad I swapped the stock Fox32 out for the new Pike, it's a great fork. Dunno if I am faster or the bike just makes me feel faster, but I like it! Still riding my Cotic Bfe as well. Good companion bikes.

Attachments

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Updated pics of my 2012 Remedy 9, had it just over 12 months, in the last 2 months I've added the following.

Flow EX rims on Hope Pro2 Evo hubs
Stealth Reverb
Fizik Gobi Seat

And a couple of wanky name stickers, just cos I can (had to order new stickers for the rims, so got these for the extra $15 it cost.)

Love the reverb, can't believe it took me so long to get one!

View attachment 274226
View attachment 274227
A mate has one of those. It was his dream bike that he saved for ages to get and then first ride had a very soft little tip over. No worries he thought, all good. No damage......

Until a toaster sized rock slowly rolled out of the backslope and landed straight on the Remedy sticker on the top tube, leaving a big ugly dint taht he has to look at every time he rides :)

Happened about 12 months ago and it is still as raw as the day he did it :) hahaha

Michae1

Likes Dirt
A mate has one of those. It was his dream bike that he saved for ages to get and then first ride had a very soft little tip over. No worries he thought, all good. No damage......

Until a toaster sized rock slowly rolled out of the backslope and landed straight on the Remedy sticker on the top tube, leaving a big ugly dint taht he has to look at every time he rides :)

Happened about 12 months ago and it is still as raw as the day he did it :) hahaha
haha you'd be dirty as, a mate of mine also rides the same year remedy 9, his non drive side chain stay has a massive dint that happened pretty early in the piece, must have been a mighty whack, I've had my fair share of falls, touch wood my ride stays dint free.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha you'd be dirty as, a mate of mine also rides the same year remedy 9, his non drive side chain stay has a massive dint that happened pretty early in the piece, must have been a mighty whack, I've had my fair share of falls, touch wood my ride stays dint free.
That was the funny part. the rock only pretty much rolled onto the top tube. I think he was expecting maybe a little scratch, but when he saw the dint I think he died a little inside :)

That tubing must be thin...

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt

And I love asking him how the top tube got that dent in it !!
:scared:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
what happens when you flat on a trail? Or is that the point - you don't flat...

Got a flat today at end of roller coaster at ourimbah. Cursing that I had to hike back to the car to get new tube and pump. Have been thinking of tubeless, but I just don't trust it enough yet...
I've been running tubeless since just after the Flow Rollercoaster event at ourimbah. The day of the race I handed out 3 tubes to others who flatted but luckily didn't myself. A few weeks later I got new wheels and went tubeless. I've run that down as low as 15 psi and still not gotten a flat tyre. (Forgot to check pressure after being off the bike a few weeks) even on the DH/Am trail there I just plow through and never had an issue sans tube. Pass plenty of folk who do though WITH tubes.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love the rig.

Shitty photo, but I picked this up today. Can finally call it my ride. Took it for a quick spin around the Youies this arvo and bloody hell, does this thing ride! so Glad I swapped the stock Fox32 out for the new Pike, it's a great fork. Dunno if I am faster or the bike just makes me feel faster, but I like it! Still riding my Cotic Bfe as well. Good companion bikes.
Hey mate, were you out on the Yarra trails today?

I passed someone on what looked like the same bike as yours, it got me thinking that I hadn't seen that colour scheme before other than on here.

If it was you, it was on the tarmac path just near the Swan st bridge.

Wal.

lb1

Likes Bikes
Hey mate, were you out on the Yarra trails today?

I passed someone on what looked like the same bike as yours, it got me thinking that I hadn't seen that colour scheme before other than on here.

If it was you, it was on the tarmac path just near the Swan st bridge.

Wal.
Nah mate. Wasn't me. I've never actually ridden out that way. Must've been someone else with good taste in bikes haha

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
TRANCESX.jpg

2014 Trance SX, 2 rides old, yep, it does everything better.

Changes from stock, Wolftooth 32t, Monarch plus shock.

Giant have maintained the pedaling efficiency of the old Trance but added the handling of the Reign. With the Monarch Plus shock the rear feels in control. If you're running a Monarch or Float, save your pennies and put the Plus on top of your shopping list.

Schwalbe Rock Razor rear tyre? Minimal braking ability, rolls fine, climbs loose stuff ok, but when bombing the big side knobs come alive and give good traction.

Fox 34 Talas, definitely do a good job & the on the fly adjust ability make the Trance SX a go everywhere machine.

Overall out of the box the Trance SX is ready to run with the big boys.

Next possible upgrade would be the brakes to some quad piston weapons, but for what they are the Shimano Deore (aka 2013 SLX) do a good job.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 274414

2014 Trance SX, 2 rides old, yep, it does everything better.

Changes from stock, Wolftooth 32t, Monarch plus shock.

Giant have maintained the pedaling efficiency of the old Trance but added the handling of the Reign. With the Monarch Plus shock the rear feels in control. If you're running a Monarch or Float, save your pennies and put the Plus on top of your shopping list.

Schwalbe Rock Razor rear tyre? Minimal braking ability, rolls fine, climbs loose stuff ok, but when bombing the big side knobs come alive and give good traction.

Fox 34 Talas, definitely do a good job & the on the fly adjust ability make the Trance SX a go everywhere machine.

Overall out of the box the Trance SX is ready to run with the big boys.

Next possible upgrade would be the brakes to some quad piston weapons, but for what they are the Shimano Deore (aka 2013 SLX) do a good job.
Should be a sweet Rotorua bike :)