Post your all mountain bike

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

My last faithful steed.

So after a fairly patient wait, I picked up the new beast yesterday.
This thing is awesome. Light, stiff and fast as hell.
The 275 wheels were a gamble, but I'm really happy with them.

FRAME: Trance advanced carbon
FORKS: fox 34 160 talas
SHOCK: Float X
SHIFTER: XO1 11 speed- awesome!
BRAKES: Elixer trail 9s
TYRES: Hans damf + rock razor
THE REST: lots of giant bits lol
What crank do they run that x01 with?

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not normally a fan of the giants looks, but the new trances look good, especially the black and grey finish on the carbon.
This looks sick in the flesh. Matt carbon with gloss black stickers. The whole bike actually looks really tough in the flash.

What crank do they run that x01 with?
I think its the standard alloy?? Not sure other than that.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how does the rock razor on the rear go?
So far, awesome. Not sure how well it will fair in the mud, but we dont have too much of that round at the moment haha.
rolls fast, side grip is awesome.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt

My last faithful steed.

So after a fairly patient wait, I picked up the new beast yesterday.
This thing is awesome. Light, stiff and fast as hell.
The 275 wheels were a gamble, but I'm really happy with them.

FRAME: Trance advanced carbon
FORKS: fox 34 160 talas
SHOCK: Float X
SHIFTER: XO1 11 speed- awesome!
BRAKES: Elixer trail 9s
TYRES: Hans damf + rock razor
THE REST: lots of giant bits lol
I was looking at these yesterday, they look brilliant, if only I could afford one :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got an awesome deal on the bike. I couldn't bring myself to pay anything near retail on one of these.
Really capable bike. It feels like it has more rear travel than my old Reign.
The Float X is awesome.

cressa

Likes Dirt
My BronsonC

Check the thread in 'Post Your Ride' for a heap more photos here

Frame: Santa Cruz BronsonC
Size: XL
Forks: 160mm Pikes
Rear Shock: Kashmina Fox Float CTD
Drivetrain: XO1
Brakes: XT
Wheels: WTB Frequency i23 Team on DT Swiss
Tyres: 27.5 High Roller II Tubeless
Bars: 750mm Easton Havoc
Pedals: Straightline

Weight: 13.01 kg

_MG_2826.jpg

_MG_2802.jpg

_MG_2804.jpg

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What is it about the Fox suspension you're not happy with? Sweet bike though! I've been trying to see what reviews are out there for their new frame designs, so it'll be interesting to read your long term review. So much bang for your buck!
Hey man, finally got around to this. Dumped into PYR.

jub jub

Squid
Their new frames have a more modern geometry than their older ones, with a couple of changes from the norm: Super short chainstays with a pretty short wheelbase means a reasonably roomy cockpit when pedalling but snappy when standing because they have a slack seat tube angle compared to other brands. Works for me, some people argue they want their weight more forward on climbs, but I run a super low bar setup so leaning forward 'roadie' style gives me the same result.

Suspension platform is tits really. Once you get it dialed its super stable, eats up all sorts of rough and pedals really nicely, no noticeable pedal bob or brake jack.

I've never had luck with Fox suspension. Every fork I've had from them (4 now I believe) has at least one of the following problems:
- Heaps of friction, very hard off the top.
- Zero rebound damping functionality (yes, it damps rebound, but adjustment is basically unuseable)
- flexy noodles
- stanchion wear.

Fox shocks (I'm up to 7 or 8 shocks I think) have been hit and miss. Yet to ride a 'propedal' that does something. The newer CTD system seems to actually function, but still kinda useless compared to actually just having manual compression adjust.
Holy crap! You haven't had much luck at all with fox have you? Haha! I've had/ still have used fox suspension, and so far so good. The only thing is my latest fox float on my Trek, is just like what you've described, where I can't see a noticeable difference on the propedal settings. I've had a 32 talas, 32 float, 36 vanillas and a 36 talas and they've served me well so far. I've had a pair of Marz 55R on a norco six I used to have ( before some arseh*le stole it), and I thought they were great except for the fact that I couldn't get full travel out of them?! I have only recently seen fox forks with decent stanchion wear, so time will tell with mine. I hope the Polygon serves you well in the long term mate, they look pretty sweet!

Bretto172

Likes Dirt
Update..

photo-13.jpg

Bit of an update to the Nomad, Hans Dampf front and Rear whereas previously had the Nobby Nic on the rear. Massive traction and seem alot more supported in the sidewall when running lower pressures. This was recommended by a mate and glad i listened..

Cane Creek DB Air CS came in the post this week, after the reviews i was busting to get on one of these. 2 rides in and the difference is unreal. The biggest component change to my bike since the dropper post. Set the sag and setup as the base tune guide suggested by Cane Creek and it was pretty good out of the box, just backed off the HSC slightly on the second ride and its bang on. Best performing suspension ive ever ridden hands down. Like others have posted ive mainly had Fox rear shocks and being a pretty tall lad at 105kg am yet to have a real noticeable difference from the pro pedal systems. The CS is awesome, switch is easy to get to on the nomad and its always very obvious wether its on or off. Fire road climbs end out of the seat produced no bob whatsoever, small g outs whilst climbing along ridgelines it feels like it has heaps of mid range support unlike the RP23s I've had previously. Downhill the shock is great, mid stroke support is there lever on or off and there is a good progressive ramp up at the end of the stroke. Is it better than a coil? Its bloody good, depends if coils are your thing or not. Ive got a DHX rc4 with pushlink (posted previously) which makes the bike unreal on the downhills but pedalling leaves a bit to be desired for long climbs.

Stoked on this thing, cant wait to get out again over the weekend.

Heading to Rotorua in november with a mate so sure to get plenty of miles on it over the week we're there.

Cheers!

my02

Likes Dirt
View attachment 275170
Hans Dampf front and Rear .... Massive traction and seem alot more supported in the sidewall when running lower pressures.

Heading to Rotorua in november with a mate so sure to get plenty of miles on it over the week we're there.
What width are the HDs? I've heard many good things about them and that they tend to be at least the size stated on the sidewall. If you're running 2.3, do they actually measure that? If I get some, I need to be close to 2.3/2.4 max as the clearance on my bike is pretty close.

That fact that they support your weight at low pressures is very appealing as I'm just a little heavier than you.

Oh and re Rotorua.......bastard!

Bretto172

Likes Dirt

What width are the HDs? I've heard many good things about them and that they tend to be at least the size stated on the sidewall. If you're running 2.3, do they actually measure that? If I get some, I need to be close to 2.3/2.4 max as the clearance on my bike is pretty close.

That fact that they support your weight at low pressures is very appealing as I'm just a little heavier than you.

Oh and re Rotorua.......bastard!
Hey Mate,

Theyre 2.35 but they measure wider (just) than the 2.5 minions on my DH bike! the crossmax sx are not crazy wide rims at 21mm internal width so i reckon thats about standard. Ive measured them with a ruler which isnt amazingly accurate and they are 2.5". Im pretty sure you can get smaller sizes though.