Large Shark catch and kill order WA.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently he took one look at the GWS in SA and said he wasn't getting in the water without a cage.

Diving with the Great Whites in South Africa is on the bucket list, along with the sardine run. All without a cage of course.
Fair enough - Noahs must be more feisty in SA!

Aliwal Shoal is the famous shark diving spot in SA, might be too tame for you.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Its not the person I thought it was, concerned it was POSM.

On a side note, jumping ants hurt like motherfuckers. I kill them because I hate them.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, yeah potato potatoe. 11 or so attacks in less than 18 months is close enough to almost a monthly occurrence.
riiiiiigh......:blah:
Cherry pick then exaggerate, then justify.....that will help your cause...:first:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, yeah potato potatoe. 11 or so attacks in less than 18 months is close enough to almost a monthly occurrence.
No its not. Also, you sound like a dodgy salesman or politician when you say crap like "close enough to almost..."

Also, people are entitled to hold strong opinions without acting on them. I'm sure you hold strong opinions regarding the rape of little girls in north Korea, right?

0psi

Eats Squid
Aliwal Shoal in the famous shark diving spot in SA, might be too tame for you.
I'm still going to do a trip with Rodney Fox at some point, seem pretty cool.

Heading up to Port Stephens this weekend to dive with the Grey Nurse sharks, pretty stoked.

moorey

call me Mia
Its not the person I thought it was, concerned it was POSM.

On a side note, jumping ants hurt like motherfuckers. I kill them because I hate them.
Yep, they burn and itch for weeks. I read somewhere that they have the most powerful venom, gram for gram, of any living creature. That, coupled with the common (3-4%) severe anaphylaxis, and the insane aggression, makes them one scary mofo.:scared:

0psi

Eats Squid
No its not. Also, you sound like a dodgy salesman or politician when you say crap like "close enough to almost..."

Also, people are entitled to hold strong opinions without acting on them. I'm sure you hold strong opinions regarding the rape of little girls in north Korea, right?
Fine then, every second month. I'm guessing you are now going to have a go because it's clearly more than every second month.

I don't know anything about North Korea so no, I don't have any opinions on that and I'm not about to be an armchair critic that comments on a subject without any prior knowledge on the topic.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, super aggressive, got bit through my clothes after I sat on one of the little pricks once. Gave me the 'fuck you'
look as i was trying to work out what the hell just happened to my arse.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
But did the shark just have a bit of a taste test and then spit him out and he didn't survive, or did the shark goggle him up?

I know it sounds silly but I reckon a lot of shark attacks aren't actully shark 'attacks', they are sharks just using what sensory systems they have to determine what something is, and can I eat it.

Sight, don't know what it is, I need to taste it.
Taste, have a chomp. Yuck spit it out (oh no the fragile human is too soft and bleedy to survive).

I reckon it's just the fact that there are more and more poeple in the water and less and less fish and so the sharks are testing things that they wouldn't normally to seek alternate food sources.

I have no biology or environmental information to back up my thoughts.

Leave the sharks. Let em munch a few peeps. Less people is a good thing.
We get too emotional about it.

I would be upset if someone I knew got eaten, but a shark is a big toothed predator. Let it be a big toothed predator and eat what it wants.
I am anti shark killing.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
These fuckers kill more people than sharks, and are the ONLT animal/insect I can bring myself to harm (and that's only because they are rampant on my bush block, and my son has a severe anaphylactic reaction to them.
My brother ended up in hospital and almost went into a coma after standing on a nest of these and getting 40 bites.
When the flying doctors got there they said that we only had minutes to get to the hospital. Nearly didn't make it.
Pretty full on seeing your own brother swell up like a balloon and lay on the ground unable to breathe and convulsing.

Nasty little f*ckers they are. REal nasty.

Get an epi pen!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Fine then, every second month. I'm guessing you are now going to have a go because it's clearly more than every second month.

I don't know anything about North Korea so no, I don't have any opinions on that and I'm not about to be an armchair critic that comments on a subject without any prior knowledge on the topic.
Mate, your exaggeration was ridiculously self-serving, surely you can see that.

The example was a hypothetical, given that it involved a country with widely known severe brutality and abuse and the rape of children I figured it was an example that every civilised person would be repulsed by. However you're either continuing to defend your position with absurd reservations or you believe that details may exist that justify the rape of children and oppression of millions.

I'd assume your just being a little pig-headed and defending your position as I doubt you'd ever condone the rape of children.

And at this point, I think its time some one mentioned Hitler.....

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
My brother ended up in hospital and almost went into a coma after standing on a nest of these and getting 40 bites.
When the flying doctors got there they said that we only had minutes to get to the hospital. Nearly didn't make it.
Pretty full on seeing your own brother swell up like a balloon and lay on the ground unable to breathe and convulsing.

Nasty little f*ckers they are. REal nasty.

Get an epi pen!
We carry one everywhere. My boy is totally unbreakable in every other way, but I dread the summer months where we live.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
We carry one everywhere. My boy is totally unbreakable in every other way, but I dread the summer months where we live.
Totally unbreakable? Sounds like a challenge :p

Another one to watch out for is wasps in your can of fizzy drink.
They love the fizzy drink and get in the cans if you leave them outside in summer.

'Glug Glug, STING'

moorey

call me Mia
But did the shark just have a bit of a taste test and then spit him out and he didn't survive, or did the shark goggle him up?

I know it sounds silly but I reckon a lot of shark attacks aren't actully shark 'attacks', they are sharks just using what sensory systems they have to determine what something is, and can I eat it.

Sight, don't know what it is, I need to taste it.
Taste, have a chomp. Yuck spit it out (oh no the fragile human is too soft and bleedy to survive).

I reckon it's just the fact that there are more and more poeple in the water and less and less fish and so the sharks are testing things that they wouldn't normally to seek alternate food sources.

I have no biology or environmental information to back up my thoughts.

Leave the sharks. Let em munch a few peeps. Less people is a good thing.
We get too emotional about it.

I would be upset if someone I knew got eaten, but a shark is a big toothed predator. Let it be a big toothed predator and eat what it wants.
I am anti shark killing.
Pretty much nailed it for me, there mate.

I'm yet to hear of a shark attack victim who wants revenge.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Had a wasp in the top of a really heavy pack once. I slung it on front over back and the bastard whacked me on the back of the neck about 10 times before I could get the pack back off.

scblack

Leucocholic

They love the fizzy drink and get in the cans if you leave them outside in summer.
Or red-back spiders in a tap spout. (plus other spiders I guess?) Spiders look for the water.
Always run a tap for a second before shoving your mouth under to drink. Especially in dry conditions.

moorey

call me Mia

'Glug Glug, STING'
Yeah, go for it. No allergies, bounces when dropped, doesn't grizzle much when bones do break.....:first:
Euro wasps don't fuss me too much. We don't do the cans-o-drink at our joint, but yeah, they can fuck you up.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Or red-back spiders in a tap spout. (plus other spiders I guess?) Spiders look for the water.
Always run a tap for a second before shoving your mouth under to drink. Especially in dry conditions.
The idea of funnel ebs in the pool scare me more than snakes on a plane. Remember reading about a pool that had 7 of them sitting on the bottom as kids swum around in it.