Large Shark catch and kill order WA.

moorey

call me Mia
Or red-back spiders in a tap spout. (plus other spiders I guess?) Spiders look for the water.
Always run a tap for a second before shoving your mouth under to drink. Especially in dry conditions.
Noone had died since the 50's though, from memory...and they have a funny song about them, so they are alright with me :first:

Work is coming along on the treatment for Jumping ants, but I think at this point its more of a desensitizing approach for people highly allergic. They can't start it on young kids, but Felix will be in line when he's older and they have it sorted.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Or red-back spiders in a tap spout. (plus other spiders I guess?) Spiders look for the water.
Always run a tap for a second before shoving your mouth under to drink. Especially in dry conditions.
I was at a friends place when a mate of thiers arrived who had just flown over Bass Straight in an ultrlaight only hours before.
He had his helmet and gear with him.
I remember looking in the helmet and inside the ear piece recess there was a nest of redback spiders in the foam.
One adult and about 50 small ones.

He had just flown about 6 hours with that in his ear across Bass Straight and didn't get bit.

Anyway, off topic.

Don't kill the sharks!

moorey

call me Mia
The idea of funnel ebs in the pool scare me more than snakes on a plane. Remember reading about a pool that had 7 of them sitting on the bottom as kids swum around in it.
Yeah, that's something you more northern fuckers can keep to yourself....although, if I could swap them for jumping ants....Hmmmmm...

scblack

Leucocholic
The idea of funnel ebs in the pool scare me more than snakes on a plane. Remember reading about a pool that had 7 of them sitting on the bottom as kids swum around in it.
Haha fair enough - remember funnel webs can survive under water for at least 24 hours.

moorey

call me Mia
Haha fair enough - remember funnel webs can survive under water for at least 24 hours.
Lots of spiders do that thing where they have an air bubble they use to breathe underwater. They're worse than the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths that shoot bees when they bark :fear:

PS, Don't kill the sharks:tsk:

Last edited:

DeBloot

Feeling old
But did the shark just have a bit of a taste test and then spit him out and he didn't survive, or did the shark goggle him up?

I know it sounds silly but I reckon a lot of shark attacks aren't actully shark 'attacks', they are sharks just using what sensory systems they have to determine what something is, and can I eat it.

Sight, don't know what it is, I need to taste it.
Taste, have a chomp. Yuck spit it out (oh no the fragile human is too soft and bleedy to survive).

I reckon it's just the fact that there are more and more poeple in the water and less and less fish and so the sharks are testing things that they wouldn't normally to seek alternate food sources.

I have no biology or environmental information to back up my thoughts.

Leave the sharks. Let em munch a few peeps. Less people is a good thing.
We get too emotional about it.

I would be upset if someone I knew got eaten, but a shark is a big toothed predator. Let it be a big toothed predator and eat what it wants.
I am anti shark killing.
What he said

Us motherfuckers overfish all their food
Swim in their domain and then get all bent out of shape when attacked (ha ha)
No wonder we have overrun and screwed nature up good and proper

Sharks don't 'eat' humans
But if I was a shark, I would chomp as many fuckers as i could find
Go the Sharks!

moorey

call me Mia
Sharks don't 'eat' humans
But if I was a shark, I would chomp as many fuckers as i could find
Go the Sharks!
Some do I think. Tigers are particularly ornery. Bull/Zambezi sharks are similarly interested in humans who happen to cross their path from memory (I should have googled to check this, but..meh...)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Bull sharks are known man eaters, they're awesome pieces of work. They can survive in fresh water and have been found 100s km up river from the ocean. LTIL after the floods in Qld, there is a golf course with 2 bull sharks swimming around in one of the water hazards. Go Sharks :cheer:

moorey

call me Mia
Bull sharks are known man eaters, they're awesome pieces of work. They can survive in fresh water and have been found 100s km up river from the ocean. LTIL after the floods in Qld, there is a golf course with 2 bull sharks swimming around in one of the water hazards. Go Sharks :cheer:
In South Africa, more like 1500km upstream in rivers I think....

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wankers who try to hunt down and randomly destroy sharks in the area of a recent taste test with this justification should be hunted down, tortured a little and destroyed, along with whoever happens to be in their general vicinity at the time. Great policy in reverse or what?

Any wonder the oceans are fucked with idiots of this mentality controlling them.

moorey

call me Mia
In South Africa, more like 1500km upstream in rivers I think....
Bull sharks are able to regulate themselves to live in either fresh water or salt water. It is possible for the bull shark to live in fresh water for its entire life, but it has been observed that this does not happen for certain reasons, mostly due to reproduction. Young bull sharks will leave the brackish water in which they are born and move out into the sea in order to breed with bull sharks of the other sex. While theoretically, it may be possible for bull sharks to live in purely freshwater, it was observed that the bull sharks that were being experimented on had died within four years. The stomach was opened and all that was found were 2 small fishes that were unidentifiable. The cause of death could have been starvation since the primary food source for bull sharks resides in salt water.
[SUP][23][/SUP]
Even betterer than I thought....:spit:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Its a fair point on the face of it, but didn't know until after we built, and didn't know the lad would be one of those (1 in 30), who react to the venom.

That said, are humans a land animal or an aquatic animal? Its a long bow you are drawing...
How is this any different than going for a swim or a surf in the ocean?

Seriously, if you get attacked by a shark in your back yard cleaning out the koi pond, by all means, kill it. If you get attacked in the sharks back yard, suck it up princess, you probably deserve it. After all we've been shitting in their home for years.
You sound like the type of person that hates the ocean? Am I right? lol

Last Christmas I was visiting WA, there were daily shark sightings around the beaches where I was staying. It was a 3m tiger shark only approx 50m off the shore. The helicopter buzzed over me on 2 seperate occasions only to hover (a little ways down the beach) above the water which drives the sharks off. This was close, really close if you know what I mean.

Now, the shore line is not the sharks backyard, never has been, never will be. While I don't think a global culling is a good thing, cull of the largest sharks aint a bad thing.

Personally I think the spike in Shark tourism is to blame as well and the unusually large quantities of bait fish closer into shore for the spike in attacks.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
The thing is it didn't just chomp on some dude, it chomped on several dudes and killed a few more dudes. This is just the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.
It's easy in the safety of the east coast to sympathise with the shark.

I wonder how well people would go if they lived in esperance, and owned a motel or something . Fuck me, who is their rot mind would want to go swimming in an area with some where's around a thousand times greater shark risk than any of us have to deal with ?

Think of it more in terms of defending the seal population if you must.

Sharks aren't all that pleasant .

moorey

call me Mia
How is this any different than going for a swim or a surf in the ocean?
Um, what? How is living on the land, as a land based animal, different to swimming in the ocean?:tsk:

Now, the shore line is not the sharks backyard, never has been, never will be. While I don't think a global culling is a good thing, cull of the largest sharks aint a bad thing.
Um, what?
Personally I think the spike in Shark tourism is to blame
Really, you think burleying sharks for tourists to look at and swim with teaches the shark bad habits? You win the internets:hungry:
and the unusually large quantities of bait fish closer into shore for the spike in attacks.
Fish bait = humans, right? :first:

moorey

call me Mia
It's easy in the safety of the east coast to sympathise with the shark.

I wonder how well people would go if they lived in esperance, and owned a motel or something . Fuck me, who is their rot mind would want to go swimming in an area with some where's around a thousand times greater shark risk than any of us have to deal with ?

Think of it more in terms of defending the seal population if you must.

Sharks aren't all that pleasant .
Yes, an animal that has been here much longer than us, and is just doing what it is perfectly evolved to do, is just too gosh darned pesky to have around :crazy: